Home

Super bowl ring Madden

This is a discussion on Super bowl ring Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Super bowl ring Madden

if they just acknowledeged a team had just won the super bowl the following season it would be a huge step...they dont even say "the defending champions have been eliminated xxxxx"...its like it didnt happen after the game. free agents dont care, resignees dont care. the fans dont care. the stadium doesnt have a banner....

I dont get why the stat isnt even tracked. my coach and every single player on the team should have that in thier bio. throw a prestige rating on there if you want (since madden loves creating ratings) that can swell and shrink over time (playoff winner = positive, playoff loser = negative...maybe that is what the confidence rating was supposed to incorporate)?
Old 02-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

And we wonder why we don't get the gameplay improvements we want....

Old 02-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #11
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
And we wonder why we don't get the gameplay improvements we want....
I knew this response would come. Trust me, I'm a firm proponent of improvin gameplay but I also became disappointed with the lack of history recording by the game. Even if my team didnt win the title or the division, there shud be some mention of it when you face a division rival who won last yr or face the defending champs. Its a realistic suggestion.

The ring creator is just something I had in my head for years but never remembered to type up. I dont see how hard it wud be to create 5 to 10 ring models, with choices of gold/whitegold/platinum settings, all 32 team logos in jewel crust, and a handful of side options (lombardi trophies, text, special motto like "all in", "steel curtain", etc). Im just putting it out there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #12
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I could care less about the "My Crib" feature in 2k5, but the trophy room was nice. It was also a lot of fun in older NCAA games. I don't recall having it in NCAA11. I don't really miss it, but I'd rather have that than SuperStar mode.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #13
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

While I understand where the OP is coming from and little things like this can be nice "icing", Madden doesn't need it until the "cake" is made NFL right, imo.

This game is currently too arcade friendly and bland to focus on adding things, that while good ideas, add very little long lasting immersion. Sure it would be great to design your team's Super Bowl ring at first but no so much after being able to consistently win the Super Bowl using a handful of plays against weak AI players.

Like others have said, Madden doesn't even acknowledge Super Bowl winners and aside from the added presentation, it still feels like a Play Now game. How about unique playoff and Super Bowl level DPP along with those games being able to change player's fortunes, for good or bad? For example, if Eli Manning and the NE receivers were to perform like that in the Super Bowl in Madden, it wouldn't mean a hill of beans but those big games should have a drastic change on their "big game" DPP going into next year.

As a matter of fact, each player's DPP settings should be effected by the type of game being played. Rivalry, 4th down plays, Cold weather, Indoor, Outdoor, Rain, Monday Night, Facing old team, Playoff, Super Bowl, etc, each effecting player's DPP differently. Sorry for thinking out loud but that idea just hit me.

Anyway, the point is, something additional like customizable Super Bowl ring creation, doesn't need to be anywhere in Madden before the Super Bowl actually matters.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
While I understand where the OP is coming from and little things like this can be nice "icing", Madden doesn't need it until the "cake" is made NFL right, imo.

This game is currently too arcade friendly and bland to focus on adding things, that while good ideas, add very little long lasting immersion. Sure it would be great to design your team's Super Bowl ring at first but no so much after being able to consistently win the Super Bowl using a handful of plays against weak AI players.

Like others have said, Madden doesn't even acknowledge Super Bowl winners and aside from the added presentation, it still feels like a Play Now game. How about unique playoff and Super Bowl level DPP along with those games being able to change player's fortunes, for good or bad? For example, if Eli Manning and the NE receivers were to perform like that in the Super Bowl in Madden, it wouldn't mean a hill of beans but those big games should have a drastic change on their "big game" DPP going into next year.

As a matter of fact, each player's DPP settings should be effected by the type of game being played. Rivalry, 4th down plays, Cold weather, Indoor, Outdoor, Rain, Monday Night, Facing old team, Playoff, Super Bowl, etc, each effecting player's DPP differently. Sorry for thinking out loud but that idea just hit me.

Anyway, the point is, something additional like customizable Super Bowl ring creation, doesn't need to be anywhere in Madden before the Super Bowl actually matters.
maddens never gonna back the cake right, so we might as well put as much icing on it as we can until we cant taste the cake.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #15
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrock627
maddens never gonna back the cake right, so we might as well put as much icing on it as we can until we cant taste the cake.
there are gameplay issues we've complained about for YEARS, maybe even decades now, and they haven't changed. And it's not because too many people asked for black socks, dreadlocks, and 3D fan models. It's because it's not cost efficient to write the proper code for the game. Especially when the game sells millions when it's near BETA development. I already know how the game will play, I'm nearly over it. But I haven't bought a Madden game retail since Vick was on the cover as a Falcon. And the little things are included in my reasons why.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #16
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
there are gameplay issues we've complained about for YEARS, maybe even decades now, and they haven't changed. And it's not because too many people asked for black socks, dreadlocks, and 3D fan models. It's because it's not cost efficient to write the proper code for the game. Especially when the game sells millions when it's near BETA development. I already know how the game will play, I'm nearly over it. But I haven't bought a Madden game retail since Vick was on the cover as a Falcon. And the little things are included in my reasons why.
Just so I understand you correctly, if Madden had more things like customizable Super Bowl rings and trophy cases, you would start buying it again, in spite of the lingering gameplay issues?

If this is true, I have to presume you are not the only one with this mindset and EA has been trying to woo gamers like you back with Madden gimmicks, for years, imo. I guess the problem was they didn't have the right gimmick, for you specifically but I personally hope they have given up on that business model. Time will tell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »