Home

Do ratings mean a darn thing?!?

This is a discussion on Do ratings mean a darn thing?!? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2012, 12:54 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Do ratings mean a darn thing?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I'm just thinking that maybe the 99 injury but injury prone could mean he gets nicked up a lot, but nothing major? I don't know. I still don't understand NFL injuries much.
I was under the assumption TGH (Toughness) impacts injury duration, but the concept could be the same.

Injury Prone + high toughness means a lot of "out for some plays" or "could play through it with less effectiveness if you wanted" injuries. May not even be out that long.

Also, I think it's fine the INJ is modified by the role. I think of it as a player with a vulnerable body part. Guy could be rock solid...except on his knee. So his bum knee gets hurt, it could impair him, otherwise, he's a horse and you wonder why he got the label...until he takes a helmet to that bum knee and you see he's got glass knees.

I like the dynamic - if we can't get a HC style "body part HP" system, this is the next best thing, but then maybe I have an over-active imagination to be able to abstract this kind of thing. (Might have come from playing so many war games where 1 tank = 100 or something lol)
Old 03-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #18
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I think you may be correct in the functionality of it.

I think the injury prone role should be driven by the injury rating. If the player is sub-65 in the injury category, then the role should be attached. It wouldn't make any sense to have a guy with a 99 injury rating and have injury prone as a role.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I'm just thinking that maybe the 99 injury but injury prone could mean he gets nicked up a lot, but nothing major? I don't know. I still don't understand NFL injuries much.

P.S. For some reason Tony Romo was cleared to play against the 49ers with a fractured rib and punctured lung, but was questionable for the next weeks game?!? Oh, right... player safety... let's sweep that under the rug and never talk about it again.
I was wrong guys.

I think going into a franchise, the player roles are whatever Donny programs them to be for a player. So again, DeMarco Murray goes into the franchise injury prone regardless of what his injury rating is outside of franchise.

However, when I bumped Murray's rating during the season and moved into the offseason, his "injury prone" role fell off. That's good...
Old 03-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #19
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
What causes there to be such few underthrows and overthrows and madden, and what do you think the madden team could do to fix that problem?

I played a franchise with qb accuracy slider at 15 with the dolphins, chad henne. If I didnt have his feet set or had the L stick moved a little too much it would lead to a very errant throw. There are a lot of unrealistic actions in this game but you can make passing more difficult.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
What causes there to be such few underthrows and overthrows and madden, and what do you think the madden team could do to fix that problem?
I don't think a lot of people would lik my solution to this problem, but I think QB Vision worked very well on regards to this. Also, Route Running and timing would have to have a much higher priority in the passing game. Currently, it's all about Speed and Catching ratings. The Route Running attribute is practically useless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »