Home

How long can you play Madden?

This is a discussion on How long can you play Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How long can you play Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I can't give an accurate reading for that because I WANT to play more than I'm able to.

I could probably play 4-5 games at a time in my primary franchise, which would take about that many hours, but I don't have that big of a block of time a lot of times.
I can play 4-5 games at a time as well. I can overlook the flaws as I rather a challenge over having very realistic stats. It impossible to mirror the NFL as each game in the NFL is its own experience meaning there will never be another one just like it. I like the customization I can have over the my own little NFL world. That excites me and bring me back for more. Plus I like building legends out of young players or Madden generated draftees.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

If you go into the game only looking for the flaws the game will get boring and frustrating for you quick because it has it's issues like it always has. Every year I figure out a way to enjoy the game by making it as challenging as I can with realistic stats and do what I can with the gamplay without making the CPU play like garbage.. The only time I've gotten bored with Madden in years past is when the game has gotten too easy for me and I couldn't do nothing about it even with sliders. Garbage competition from the CPU is what frustrates me. The improvements on the game from 11 to 12 has me playing the game like I just bought it. I have so many new games on the shelf because of these 2 games. I rotate with Madden and NCAA on a week to week basis and I'm enjoying both.. I finally got both games playing to where it's a challenge for me to win a game and that is what makes the game fun for me.. I want them to take care of issues on the game that frustrates me too but I'm not going to let it ruin my gaming experience with it. To each his own but I don't have time to sit around and get frustrated with the flaws. That may ruin it for others but not me. I just want to play the game and have fun..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 02-26-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
and when I am playing for a while... I just want to turn it off.

No other game makes me feel like that. I can sit and play fallout all day... I can play Battlefield online... I can waste an entire weekend on Dragon Age... but Madden often feels stale before he end of my first 12min quarter game.
I feel exactly the same way you do whenever I play Madden against the CPU in any mode. It feels stale before the 1st game is over, I don't really care about the outcome, and I seem to notice all of the imperfections. There is no joy, no hope of joy, the game is just - blah... Certainly not worth investing a decade of effort and thousands of dollars in equipment an peripherals.

But insert a human opponent and EVERYTHING changes... Madden then becomes the best game on the planet with infinite replay value for 365 days.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #12

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I feel exactly the same way you do whenever I play Madden against the CPU in any mode. It feels stale before the 1st game is over, I don't really care about the outcome, and I seem to notice all of the imperfections. There is no joy, no hope of joy, the game is just - blah... Certainly not worth investing a decade of effort and thousands of dollars in equipment an peripherals.

But insert a human opponent and EVERYTHING changes... Madden then becomes the best game on the planet with infinite replay value for 365 days.

Later
I've played against the computer and against humans and don't enjoy the human element as much as you do.

To each their own. There is no "right" way.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I've played against the computer and against humans and don't enjoy the human element as much as you do.

To each their own. There is no "right" way.
I completely agree. When I play with a human I notice how flawed the game is because a lot of people cheese. I hate watching as someone runs out of the pocket and throws to their receiver running a corner route every single time. At least when I play the CPU I don't feel like I need to focus my defense around a cheater. When I play online I can't get the realistic experience I would when i play the CPU.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 24

I can't even make it thru a game anymore. Flaws aside, the crowd noise and commentary bore me. And even 10 with their "halftime show" isn't enough.

OTOH, I can play a full game of NHL AND Madden 08 PC and not feel like I "have to finish", but rather "want to finish".

Go figure..
Old 02-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #15
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13

I just love playing sports games, football being my favorite. It has always been that way. I have tried online and offline but get the most enjoyment offline due to the high frequency of cheesers that I get paired with when playing online. That is just my personal preference. Nothing wrong with the online guys. When it comes to playing the game in 1 sitting, I usually play one game then take a break. I can play multiple game per day if I have the time.

Do I see things that are in real football that I know aren't accurately represented in Madden? Sure. Does it bother me? Sure. Do I concentrate on these things to the point where I cannot enjoy it? Not at all. What I want to get from the game is great competition with realistic stats while not feeling cheated or handicapped. So to have fun. I want my great players to play like great players too. I feel like that is achievable.

Sliders have been a great way for me to keep the game fun. When I feel I am getting better, I just bump the sliders again until I get things where I want them so it remains challenging. I get the most enjoyment by running a franchise and doing things however I wish in my own virtual football world. I love drafting guys and playing out their careers. This is how I am able to enjoy it more long-term (in season 6 of my franchise). One way I can keep every game from feeling the same is by controlling all teams and adjusting the coaching schemes (ex. Get Patriots to throw all day or Broncos to run all day). It actually works pretty well.

It's not that all these other games you guys listed are not great games but for me, I get the most enjoyment from playing the sports games. I am offline franchiser all the way too. My gaming collection consists of Madden, NCAA, NBA 2K and MLB the Show if that tells you anything... I know the most about football and like watching it more than any other sport so even though it may have the weakest game, I still have a lot of fun with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #16
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I feel like I'm stuck in middle and can't good a good game of football either way. I can't finish a game vs the cpu because the atmosphere is dull, the ai is predictable, and the game is flat out boring.

On the other hand, playing a human online, I run into matches with horrible lag, or opponents who run 1-2 defensive plays all game and then quit when I figure it out in the 2nd quarter. The strategy just isn't there either.

I have a copy of Madden 12 and won't trade it in. I get an urge for football and try it out about once every 1-2 months but by the 2nd quarter vs cpu or 1 game online and I'm done. I'm back to COD, or Skyrim or I'm screwing around with an older version of Madden or one of those other games (2k5 offline, APF online) until that itch flares up again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »