Home

bounty gate and the hitstick

This is a discussion on bounty gate and the hitstick within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #17
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: bounty gate and the hitstick

I think we agree but it's maybe that I am referring to User control, where as you are referring to the AI.

That's why I said I somewhat agree with you, meaning that the CPU controlled players should perform harder hits based on ratings, with Users being able to attempt whatever they want, if more player ratings based risk/reward is added.

I should have clarified that in my previous post.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
That's why I said I somewhat agree with you, meaning that the CPU controlled players should perform harder hits based on ratings, with Users being able to attempt whatever they want, if more player ratings based risk/reward is added.
No, I want the hit stick replaced with a "tackle stick" where you choose the technique your defender will undertake with success based on TAK, POW, STR of the defender vs STR, ELU/TRK, and whatever moves the ball carrier uses and the position of the defender vs the ball carrier (pursuit angle, etc)

Hit stick is pointless if the ratings do the work. Instead, let users choose how to apply the TAK/STR/POW of the defender instead of a stick to make the defender actually use his POW on the tackle. Down could be an attempt to undercut the ball carrier's legs, vulnerable to the the hurdle move if the ball carrier is nimble enough, but probably the only reasonable way for a little guy to take out a bigger guy, left/right could be a reach-and-grap where success leads to a slowing down or wrapping up of the ball carrier (based on ball carrier and defender ratings like STR/AGI/TAK and ELU/TRK), up could be a conservative form tackle.

That's the kind of thing I want instead of "push R-stick in direction of ball carrier to try to kill him" stuff of the hit stick.

Hit Power (POW) is just that, the force the defender can bring to the contact. Useful not only for killing ball carriers like now, but the success vs STR and ELU/TRK/AGI of the ball carrier (a defender can be strong, but not use that strength for initiating contact on tackles, which is what Hit Power represents).

Last edited by KBLover; 03-13-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #19
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Ok, i feel you KB and I could definitely dig that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »