Home

RG3 or Andrew Luck who will show more promise......

This is a discussion on RG3 or Andrew Luck who will show more promise...... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: RG3 or Andrew Luck who will show more promise......

The way I look at it is as follows: Luck is the more polished player and is most ready to start out of the gate. Griffin may need more time to get ready, but has superior athleticism. Luck's floor is higher than Griffin's, but Griffin's ceiling is higher in my opinion. This looks to potentially be like the Brady/Manning debates: 1a vs 1b as opposed to 1 vs 2.

As far as Griffin goes, if being a HOF qb is based on athleticism, ability, desire, intelligence and discipline, then go ahead and cast his bust. However, we all know there is much more to it than that. As a Skins fan, I gotta hope that he gets the right coaching, complimentary players and protection to be as good as he might be. Again, as a Skins fan, I feel as though we are snake bitten... Thank you for that Danny Boy.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpfan76
The way I look at it is as follows: Luck is the more polished player and is most ready to start out of the gate. Griffin may need more time to get ready, but has superior athleticism. Luck's floor is higher than Griffin's, but Griffin's ceiling is higher in my opinion. This looks to potentially be like the Brady/Manning debates: 1a vs 1b as opposed to 1 vs 2.

As far as Griffin goes, if being a HOF qb is based on athleticism, ability, desire, intelligence and discipline, then go ahead and cast his bust. However, we all know there is much more to it than that. As a Skins fan, I gotta hope that he gets the right coaching, complimentary players and protection to be as good as he might be. Again, as a Skins fan, I feel as though we are snake bitten... Thank you for that Danny Boy.
I think it is much closer to the Manning/Leaf debate. Who is the better prospect? Leaf was seen as having higher upside, but Manning was one of, if not the most, NFL-ready prospects ever. I think this debate is almost equivalent.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyfiggy
I think it is much closer to the Manning/Leaf debate. Who is the better prospect? Leaf was seen as having higher upside, but Manning was one of, if not the most, NFL-ready prospects ever. I think this debate is almost equivalent.

I agree with you that it does resemble Manning/Leaf debate somewhat but I believe this situation will turn out different with both QBs having successful NFL careers.. You never know what can happen but I just don't see RG3 turning out to be a bust like Leaf..
Old 03-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Many people did not predict the Clausen bust, Sanchez bust, Brohm bust, Russel/Quinn bust, Young/Leinart bust, or Campbell/Smith bust. For the last 6 draft classes, there has been a major QB bust. Gabbert was considered a better prospect than Cam Newton by many coming into the season, but now it looks likely that he will bust. You simply cannot predict these things.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyfiggy
Many people did not predict the Clausen bust, Sanchez bust, Brohm bust, Russel/Quinn bust, Young/Leinart bust, or Campbell/Smith bust. For the last 6 draft classes, there has been a major QB bust. Gabbert was considered a better prospect than Cam Newton by many coming into the season, but now it looks likely that he will bust. You simply cannot predict these things.
There were red flags with the majority of those guys you called out and I wasn't a believer in Gabbert at all. I thought he was highly overrated. Brohm? Who was hyping him up? His stock dropped his senior year. He wasn't even taken in the first round. Him or Clausen. There was plenty of people not sold on Clausen coming out. The only ones from that list that has been absolute crap was Russell, Leinart, Clausen and Quinn.. The rest hasn't played to there potential but they have been ok. I wouldn't just call them out right bust. They lead there teams to winning records and to the playoffs.

But I stated you never know what can happen but I would be shocked if RG3 turns out to be a bust. I just don't get that feeling with him.. I think him and Luck are 2 of the best QBs to come out in a while. I felt like that about C.Newton last year too even though alot of non believers thought he would flop simply because they didn't like him..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #22
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I think both guys will be great in the NFL, but in the end I think Luck will be the better QB. I just think guys like Luck, that stay in the pocket, last longer and have better careers then those who scramble a lot. If BGIII learns to stay in the pocket it will help him a lot.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime21time37
as a skins fan i hope hes not closer to russell. jamarcus had all the tools, i think his work ethic ultimately ended his career. i dont think griffin will fall to that , but who knows. i just hope hes not this years ted ginn jr. by that, i mean ginn was drafted after hester was ripping up special teams and almost winning games for bears by field position and returns alone. dolphins thought ginn could do same thing and contibute on offense. didnt work out. now teams see cam having a helluva rookie season and see mobile qbs working out more and more. now we take griffin. hope griffin is as close to good as advertised whether skins get him or colts shock the world and get him
Did you see his Pro Day yesterday? RG3 is unreal. He blew JR's Pro Day and Combine out of the water. His mechanics, athletic ability, and combination of arm strength/accuracy as all the makings of a NFL-ready QB. You can't say the same for JR, Mark Sanchez, or anybody else in the last 5 years, coming out of college.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #24
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderousllama
Luck, If RGIII was a pocket quarterback he wouldn't be getting the attention he is. RGIII is more entertaining to watch though.
The good thing is RG3 can throw from the pocket, it just happens this kid can fly so they call plays to take advantage of all of his abilities. Your right he is very entertaining to watch, and I can't wait to see him play.

I just wish he wasn't going to the Redskins, and I think you know why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
You must haven't watched alot of RG3. He does most of his damage from the pocket and takes off when he has too.. He's super accurate out the pocket. Vick was no where near as accurate at that time in his career coming out of college as RG3 right now..
For some reason many people feel (Not refering to the guy you was talking to)
that he is a runner Qb and not much of a pocket passer. Which is way off. This guy is a pocket passer ,but being that he can run also. They will call plays to take advantage of that, but please give this kid his due repsect. The kids can throw a great football.

This is going to be the draft where a nice line of QB's will be coming out. Kind of like when Eli, Phillip, and Big Ben all came out.

This year is going to be very exciting, and to answer the question. They will both be very successful in the NFL.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »