Home

First Look at NCAA 13 Features, Will Madden 13 Features Be Similar?

This is a discussion on First Look at NCAA 13 Features, Will Madden 13 Features Be Similar? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: First Look at NCAA 13 Features, Will Madden 13 Features Be Similar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
Really hoping the new passing system is more like the read-n-lead and not like the cone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eALSNYDha4U
THIS is my dream passing system for madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2012, 01:13 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 7

Dont understand how you guys eat this eat stuff up. Ill believe in the changes after about a few weeks of reviews. Everything they implement is so gimicky with no substance and lets not forget the endless amount of bugs and lack of patches and tuner sets they boasted about.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:45 AM   #27
Rookie

NikeBlitz's Arena

OVR: 6

Looks promising. Can't wait to see in game footage. But, honestly deja vu right ?

Description : "Showcasing the Procedural Awareness technology that will be utilized in Madden NFL 10. Head tracking, target switching, and dynamic blending."

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-nfl-10-a.html

This is interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings
Enough talk – on to the new stuff!

Let me tell you a story of playing Madden NFL.
It’s 3rd and 10, and I’m down 14-7 against my buddy over Xbox LIVE. He’s a pretty conservative player, so I know he’ll sit his safeties back a bit and stay with man coverage on my outside receivers. I’m going to try and send my slot WR on a deep fly to clear the safety out, and hit my #1 WR on a Deep In. I saw Kurt Warner and the Rams with their "greatest show on turf" make this look easy week after week in the late 90’s! So I take the snap and analyze the situation quickly – no blitz, and the safeties are dropping out…money. I wish I was better at going through progressions, but I’m not - I’m pretty much watching my #1 WR all the way. He’s just coming out of his break on the deep in, and he’s got at least 2 steps on the defender trailing him in man coverage. I fire it in there, a perfect bullet pass where I think only he can catch it. Right before the ball gets to him the DB turns around and in one quick motion steps in front, picks it off, and is headed back the other way. HUH? THE DB NEVER EVEN SAW THE BALL!!

Ever happened to you? Did your controller survive to tell the tale?

Enjoy the rest of the Super Bowl!

- Ian Cummings
Lead Designer, Madden NFL 10

Nice story, still happening. Once again, maybe it's THE YEAR, wait&see.

Last edited by NikeBlitz; 03-14-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 10

What difference does it make if there is a new passing system and u can bump and run all over the field and no penalties for illegal contact? Please guys, wheres the chance and reward here?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #29
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

In the past we have all heard nice things that the game will present, but how it turned out was a whole other story.

I will admit the new passing system has me very curious, but I will hold off in being very excited. I have to see what it looks like on video at least to see if it deserves any type of excitement.

I just hope what they have in place makes good sense , and reflects the accurate feel of every QB in the NFL, and then some.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #30
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

I loved NFL Fever 2004. Read N Lead passing was a godsend. There were two different variations of it though. One variation i think was the one in the video where, once you snap the ball you press the on screen button corresponding to the receiver and then move the cursor around to a spot around the receiver.

The second variation was much harder. The cursor started right in the middle of the field and you just moved it around a receiver without ever pressing a face button and used the triggers to lob or gun the ball.

Read N Lead was definitely ahead of its time. It was plagued though because sometimes the AI would screw up by running to slow or speeding up at arkward times which would make it sort of hard to pass; but if EA could use that system and innovate on it, BAM.

I also thinking using the triggers for passing is interesting because of it being pressure sensitive you can do a bit more of lobbing or gunning the ball, coupled with the right stick for altitude would be awesome!!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #31
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

god just please let the defensive backs play the ball in the air finally.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 0

some will like the game some wont....just another day on OS.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »