Home

Madden 13 for PS Vita

This is a discussion on Madden 13 for PS Vita within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Madden 13 for PS Vita

I'm really excited about the thought of Madden 13 for the PS Vita. EA did a really good job with FIFA 12 Vita, I am hooked on that game. Also, I'm hoping that, like MLB The Show, you will be able to play your same franchise from the PS3 to the Vita. My hopes are high that Madden delivers this!

I am hoping that EA really capitalizes on the Vita's capabilities and its just not a port from the PSP, that would be very disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 13 for PS Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I'm really excited about the thought of Madden 13 for the PS Vita. EA did a really good job with FIFA 12 Vita, I am hooked on that game. Also, I'm hoping that, like MLB The Show, you will be able to play your same franchise from the PS3 to the Vita. My hopes are high that Madden delivers this!

I am hoping that EA really capitalizes on the Vita's capabilities and its just not a port from the PSP, that would be very disappointing.
Yea I hope the same thing. Carry over your franchise file, and a nice port from the ps3 version of madden.

Lets hope madden 13 is good first of all, and then hope they translate it well onto the vita.

This happens and yes I agree things will be exciting
Old 03-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

I really hope they implement the broadcast view. I can't play any other way. It just doesn't feel the same to me.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Looking forward to Madden 13 on Vita. Vita is officially my console of choice. Great graphics finally meets convenience and portability. Madden 13 has to be a port of the PS3 anything else is unfathomable.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

While EA will no doubt release Madden on Vita, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a port of Madden 12 rather than a port of Madden 13.

The OP mentioned how good of a job EA did with FIFA 12 but actually the Vita game is a port of FIFA 11 and there is no year in the title.

I think Madden 12 is decent enough but I'm not sure I'd be willing to stick to a port of 12 if there are a lot of iomprovements in 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

FIFA doesn't support the things that games like The Show do, leading me to expect the same for Madden, ie no playing your franchise on both the Vita and PS3.

I expect EA will hold off until the platform proves it has staying power/longevity before putting a lot of development resources into titles.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
FIFA doesn't support the things that games like The Show do, leading me to expect the same for Madden, ie no playing your franchise on both the Vita and PS3.

I expect EA will hold off until the platform proves it has staying power/longevity before putting a lot of development resources into titles.
You could be correct, but you also have to remember the Madden will benefit from a LARGER development cycle. The FIFA Vita devs already went on record stating they basically ported FIFA 12 over because they were (at the time) working on completing FIFA 13 and didn't have the time to import the feaures and keep its launch window in tact. I don't think this will be the case with Madden, we should get as close to Madden 13 on consoles as possible. Albeit, Madden 12 wouldn't be a HORRIBLE option if most of the gameplay is tuned correctly.

My concern is that, we will get the Madden 05 (PSP) like engine as opposed to a new one.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #8
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

The problem is that when they release Madden for Vita they don't work on other gameplay/franchise/presentation aspects of the game. Take MLB The Show for example. SCEA even said they couldn't do everything they wanted to this year because of the release of VITA.

Hopefully EA will not hold back on improvements of Madden 13 just because they release VITA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »