Home

How many of you guys have won a Super Bowl nd if so, what did it feel like?

This is a discussion on How many of you guys have won a Super Bowl nd if so, what did it feel like? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5
How many of you guys have won a Super Bowl nd if so, what did it feel like?

I have a lot of Lombardi's under my belt as a madden player but. Wanted to know : have you won a super bowl in franchise mode, what did it feel like to win, and how did that game go?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: How many of you guys have won a Super Bowl nd if so, what did it feel like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru03
I have a lot of Lombardi's under my belt as a madden player but. Wanted to know : have you won a super bowl in franchise mode, what did it feel like to win, and how did that game go?
In Madden 12, I have exactly 1 Lombardi trophy in my 10 year franchise with Detroit (and 2 losses in the big game as well.) It felt great to finally get over the hump after losing 2 Superbowls to New York (yeah the stupid Jets beat me by a TD in year 3) and the Chargers by a last second FG in year 4. Year 9 was when I finally got over the hump, Stafford won the MVP in the regular season with a 45-9 TD/INT ratio and I beat Cleveland (they finally righted that ship!)
Old 04-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13

I won back-to-back Superbowl's in Years 4 and 5 of my Titans franchise.

In Year 3, I made it to the big game to face the Packers. They beat me 25-22 in 2OT in the most fun game I have played to date.

In Year 4, I faced the Giants, who had beaten me earlier in the year. Was able to get revenge for my first SB. Was happy to get Julius Peppers a ring.

In Year 5, I got to go against the Packers again for all the marbles. Got some more revenge as I held off Rodgers at the end to win it.

Since then, I haven't won a single playoff game (Just finished Year 7).
Old 04-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

SOB! I just realized I have NEVER won the Super Bowl in Madden 12, even in that Online Franchise I "tolerated" for 3 seasons or so. lol

I kept myself from looking at the Super Bowl presentation videos on Youtube because I wanted to experience it first hand. So much for that plan, just as well look at the Youtube videos now because I have all but sworn off playing Madden again until M13 drops.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

I may have won a sim SB and I have to say I felt great seeing I built a team worthy of a title. The next year they had less than six wins and I'm not sure how.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

No. I haven't won a superbowl since madden 11. 5 seasons on 12 and only two playoff runs with my vikings. Hopefully madden 13 will be better.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

i play the whole regular season but always sim playoffs but have played a superbowl once that i won in my Carolina Panthers year 2 franchise beating the red hot Browns who finished regular season 9-7. Just wanted to see wat it was like lol
Old 04-03-2012, 03:31 AM   #8
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I can't remember the last time I even finished a season of Madden franchise mode. Really. I just lose interest. If I actually try, I'll just roll over the AI... and what's the point of playing if I don't try?

I normally start up a franchise, go undefeated for 5 or 6 games in a row and quit. This is the first year in a long time that the 49ers made a 7-0 start in Madden not feel unrealistic. The problem? Now that they are a good team in Madden, I'm smashing on the AI. Games aren't interesting close battles like in real life. It's normally a slaughter.

If I set up sliders where the ratings are respected, then the user advantage becomes very obvious. If I want a "challenge" then I have to handicap myself, and I that isn't fun to me either.

Last edited by PGaither84; 04-10-2012 at 02:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »