Home

Old 04-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
So, if I take the time to record and post a full game, would anyone want to watch it?

I don't have high quality video recording devices. I have a web cam in my laptop I can point at my TV. It isn't terrible, but it isn't super awesome either.
I'd watch.

Always wanted to do that, but don't nearly have the Youtube skills to pull it off.

Or make the recording to begin with - plus - using my phone would mean I'd have to play one handed - I guess THAT would increase challenge, eh?
Old 04-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #50
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

KBLover, you don't have a webcam?
Old 04-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
KBLover, you don't have a webcam?
Had one, it got burned up in the house fire.

Never bothered replacing it since I never really used it that much to begin with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #52
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
That's funny. it'll be even funnier when they win the division next year.

Their offense is crazy. Their defense was horrid. They got their act together too late. If I recall correctly, had my 49ers not defeated them, they would have been in the post season. Wouldn't they have been 9-7 also with the tie breaker with the Giants?
Keep hope alive. Jason Peters is out for the year. Their O-Line was bad enough as is without the loss of their best Lineman and one of the best LTs in the game.

You can have all that if stuff. If my mom had... You know where I'm going lol.

G-Men ain't going nowhere. Enjoy Manningham and Jacobs. May you never need a route run properly or have a 4th and 1

Lol. Just messing. (Champs though for real lol)
Old 04-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #53
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I really enjoyed Madden 12 between August and December. I played 2 full seasons....have a very good slider set (Playmakers was my base) did 30 team control for the first time and enjoyed that. I think the game made a lot of positive strides in many off the field area's. Franchise mode is much deeper again (compared to the crap from 10 and 11 the only other 2 next gen Maddens I owned) the DPP is a great new addition along with hot and cold streaks. I liked the generated draft classes and scouting and the pre-season UDFA (despite some bugs which were easily managed but will hopefully be fixed)

But.....the on the field warts really started to wear thin on me closing out my third year. I am just tired of the tackling, pass trajectory and canned DL/OL animations and yes....dare I say it the Super LB's just killing me. And I won't even get started on presentation. Other than all the new network camera angle shots and pans...the rest of the presentation is piss poor for a NFL licensed game. For a commisioner who is hell bent on the NFL's image you would think they would demand pure authenticity by EA and make them deliever a true NFL/ESPN braodcast package like the other game.

And check my sig out....I went back...again to my mistress. And I am really having fun playing console football again.

In all fairness to EA NCAA 12 is still a ton of fun. It is similar....but not nearly as frustrating. Dynasty mode is killer and I will get back into that title this summer and continue my year 5 Canes dynasty and march forward hopefully to a BCS bowl birth (still have not gotten to one yet with them!)

No more Madden for a while. I am sure I will go back to it but not for a while.

The game is not as bad as some think. But there are glaring problems that really start to take away the fun factor the longer you play.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #54
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I've learned something about myself as a gamer: I will burn out on any game. If I play football year-round, I will burn out. That's why I always trade NCAA/Madden in around this time. I get good value for the trade-in, and it allows me time to cool off and get a Madden off-season. Then I can play the next iteration with excitement.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #55
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I've learned something about myself as a gamer: I will burn out on any game. If I play football year-round, I will burn out. That's why I always trade NCAA/Madden in around this time. I get good value for the trade-in, and it allows me time to cool off and get a Madden off-season. Then I can play the next iteration with excitement.
That's good to know about yourself. I tend to hold on to games too long, and then by the time I decide to trade them in, they aren't worth anything.

Games like The Show, though, I never trade as I know that I'll play that year-round.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #56
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
That's good to know about yourself. I tend to hold on to games too long, and then by the time I decide to trade them in, they aren't worth anything.

Games like The Show, though, I never trade as I know that I'll play that year-round.

Well take this for what it's worth. I traded Madden 10 and 11 while I was able to get at least 20 bucks for them and I even traded in NCAA 11 for about the same as I thought 12 was going to be even better (and IMO it is in certain ways big time) but I will not be trading in Madden 12. I like the game....and I don't see myself buying Madden this cycle nor NCAA.

But with sports games I have usually always kept all of my sports titles forever because most of the time I play them year round and by the time I think about trading it is worthless.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »