Home

Graphics,Gameplay,and Uniforms three birds with one stone.

This is a discussion on Graphics,Gameplay,and Uniforms three birds with one stone. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7
Graphics,Gameplay,and Uniforms three birds with one stone.

All the hype about uniforms are great.But dont you think that if we don't have the right hieght/depth on camera views; we wouldn't be able to see the uniforms in clarity?In addition;when we finally do see the uniforms it would be just like the 3d grass in cut scenes and replay.As I implyed in another thread that we should have a customizable camera view, or a option to play in a better zoom mode view perferably a FISHEYE VIEW.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-must-see.html
For me M12 had pretty good graphics this year,just a shame that they moved the camera view out so much where we only got to see the graphics during postplay,preplay, and cutscenes.Seeing the action upclose while playing QB from the helm also gives you that feeling of being harrased when a defender is barring down on you;coupled with the new unis and graphics would just be amazing.Also no need to worry about the passing because throwing seems more real life "throwing in a forest".Adding to the realism; throwing a long bomb would have to be well timed like it is in real life "throwing to a small moving target" so pick your poision wisely.

Mega
Football is in the building.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Graphics,Gameplay,and Uniforms three birds with one stone.

Interesting idea. Like this view for the most part, but the curved yard lines makes it a no go for me.

I'm a HUGE proponent of a 3rd person view in Football. I would like to see something like Backbreaker though, where the Right stick controls your view. I would definitely give this view a try though and don't understand why we can't have a custom camera anymore

I don't think any fixed camera is the way to go though. It's 2012. we need to move past conventions that were invented at the dawn of gaming.

EVERY other genre of gaming works on a 3D plane where the right stick controls view EXCEPT sports games.

The word archaic comes to mind...
Old 04-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I already stated this in the other thread but any view that brings the User a more field level realistically limited POV is a great addition, imo. I am honestly baffled that more gamers and developers don't see the benefit of a more field level view option relevant to immersion in ALL sports games.

I wonder do people ever watch NBA and NFL games when during the broadcast they sometimes utilize camera views like these, that give the viewer an in-game POV. Everytime they do this when I am watching a game, I think how crappy it would be to spectate from this view BUT it's perfect for playing.

It just seems like bizarro world when sports games have to be played from camera views created for watching, not participating.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I already stated this in the other thread but any view that brings the User a more field level realistically limited POV is a great addition, imo. I am honestly baffled that more gamers and developers don't see the benefit of a more field level view option relevant to immersion in ALL sports games.

I wonder do people ever watch NBA and NFL games when during the broadcast they sometimes utilize camera views like these, that give the viewer an in-game POV. Everytime they do this when I am watching a game, I think how crappy it would be to spectate from this view BUT it's perfect for playing.

It just seems like bizarro world when sports games have to be played from camera views created for watching, not participating.

People are afraid of change. They claim to want it. even demand it. But at the end of the day, they are afraid...
Old 04-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

I agree LT but that shouldn't effect adding something like camera options for gameplay or the ability to hide OVR/Potential/ratings. I can pretty much understand some developer stating that something like QB Vision needed to be removed as an option because it was not being used enough to warrant taking up gameplay resources or whatever, opposed to things that seem to be already possible in the game but are locked.

I don't see how providing a field level gameplay view option or hiding ratings option, negatively effects anything or anybody else in Madden. This is one of those areas where I get really frustrated with a developer and/or another gamer telling me, I don't really want that because it's too hard to play that way without___. WTF? LOL.

That makes zero common sense to me, for someone to justify not unlocking an option that is presumably already coded, just not User accessible, because if I could, they think the game will be too hard for me. Say they are right, it's too hard and I hate it, I just switch the option back off or whatever. I'll stop hear because I am getting frustrated. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
I agree LT but that shouldn't effect adding something like camera options for gameplay or the ability to hide OVR/Potential/ratings. I can pretty much understand some developer stating that something like QB Vision needed to be removed as an option because it was not being used enough to warrant taking up gameplay resources or whatever, opposed to things that seem to be already possible in the game but are locked.

I don't see how providing a field level gameplay view option or hiding ratings option, negatively effects anything or anybody else in Madden. This is one of those areas where I get really frustrated with a developer and/or another gamer telling me, I don't really want that because it's too hard to play that way without___. WTF? LOL.

That makes zero common sense to me, for someone to justify not unlocking an option that is presumably already coded, just not User accessible, because if I could, they think the game will be too hard for me. Say they are right, it's too hard and I hate it, I just switch the option back off or whatever. I'll stop hear because I am getting frustrated. lol

I agree, but it comes back to what I said before. People are afraid of change.

There are tons of threads posted that ask for things like this, and inevitably they all end with the majority shouting down the idea because they are happy with the way it's always been. This is not unique to OS.

If you are EA/Tiburon, and people overwhelming seem to like things the way they've always been, why would you change?

Gamers are afraid of change cause they will have to relearn the game. Devs are afraid of change because they are afraid to upset all those gamers that are afraid of change...
Old 04-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #7
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I agree, but it comes back to what I said before. People are afraid of change.

There are tons of threads posted that ask for things like this, and inevitably they all end with the majority shouting down the idea because they are happy with the way it's always been. This is not unique to OS.

If you are EA/Tiburon, and people overwhelming seem to like things the way they've always been, why would you change?

Gamers are afraid of change cause they will have to relearn the game. Devs are afraid of change because they are afraid to upset all those gamers that are afraid of change...
True but how is unlocking something that's presumably already in the game, change for any of those people?

I don't feel there is any valid reason for a field level camera view option or option to hide each rating with that in-game "?", not being in Madden. In fact, this whole premise is part of my biggest problem with how Madden seemed to be created for so long. This notion that just because everyone doesn't find realism fun, then the game needs to be created on a less realistic, more fun level. That is some of the most absurd logic I have ever heard of. It is far more practical and common sense based, to create something as realistically challenging as possible and provide different levels of UI.

Anyway, I am going off on a tangent but I would really love to see a developer answer that question.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #8
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
True but how is unlocking something that's presumably already in the game, change for any of those people?

I don't feel there is any valid reason for a field level camera view option or option to hide each rating with that in-game "?", not being in Madden. In fact, this whole premise is part of my biggest problem with how Madden seemed to be created for so long. This notion that just because everyone doesn't find realism fun, then the game needs to be created on a less realistic, more fun level. That is some of the most absurd logic I have ever heard of. It is far more practical and common sense based, to create something as realistically challenging as possible and provide different levels of UI.

Anyway, I am going off on a tangent but I would really love to see a developer answer that question.

You're asking me to think like those that are afraid of change. Since I'm not, I can't tell you what the rationale is. Only that I know it exists. I've seen it too many times.

Don't understand it, but that isn't really the point, and changes nothing.

Just post a thread about doing something, anything, to the passing a game, and you will have boatloads of people whom you can ask to clarify this rationale lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »