Home

Madden 13 Feature Playbook should be out soon, what are you hoping to see?

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Feature Playbook should be out soon, what are you hoping to see? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #41
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden 13 Feature Playbook should be out soon, what are you hoping to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I understand that KJ, but my whole point to you was that to say that they didn't touch on it at all was incorrect.

That's all, nothing more, nothing less.

Tuning.

Pass rush? Does the front 3 or 4 put pressure on the QB within 4 seconds consistently without the need for blitzing?
Not necessarily consistently but it does seem at least somewhat better in that regard. No longer are DTs able to get quick/instant pressure like last year but it certainly seems like DEs push upfield on the outside farther/faster.

I'll find one more that I want to bring up.

Did they get rid of the patty cake animation between the Defensive End and Offensive Tackle ? Also do CPU Defensive Ends rush to the inside shoulder of the offensive tackle sometimes and not just rush the outside shoulder of the Offensive Tackle all the time in a pre-determined arc like they did in NCAA 12 ?

There is not much change (or overhaul) in the OLine/D-Line interaction like I mentioned in my original post. I will say that it seems to have been tuned because linemen do a much better job holding up because the PA works quite well again in '13. It seemed in my opinion that they did a better job sliding with the defensive linemen.
I don't think this really reflect any changes in line play. I remeber the gameplay playbook discussing how they sped up the PA anaimation and allowed players to brake out of a pa animation early to get it to work more effectively. I don't remember them discussing changes to the line play to address PA at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden 13 Feature Playbook should be out soon, what are you hoping to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I don't think this really reflect any changes in line play. I remeber the gameplay playbook discussing how they sped up the PA anaimation and allowed players to brake out of a pa animation early to get it to work more effectively. I don't remember them discussing changes to the line play to address PA at all.
This is a Q and A from a Game Changer, not from the playbook.

This was one of my pet peeves of the series. 0 time to set up screens and play actions.

Looks like this part of the game has been "tuned" or fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »