Home

Boycotting Madden

This is a discussion on Boycotting Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Boycotting Madden

I am serious about this. ea has once again renewed their deal with the nfl until 2013 and will no doubt renew it again after that. all madden fan boys should realize what the game really is and get past the flashy fancy graphics. all of the things that people get pissed about every year could be solved if 2k or another company could have a crack at the market. year after year madden promises to make things better and suckers us into spending 60 bucks for their game. well for one is it really even worth 60 bucks, when i already have the best football game ever in nfl 2k5 and can update the rosters all i want, and have as many roster files as i want. you have to change some things to make the game play realistic, but bear in mind that it is an older game. however i still dont see blocking, and tackling look as good in madden 12. all of the 14 year old boys dont know, but all of these so called new features that they put into madden each year, guess where they got the idea from. Thats right, ESPN NFL 2k5. I hear people say that nfl 2k5 is too arcade and madden is more of a sim, but actually its the opposite. just look on youtube and there are tons of people pointing out the flaws in madden gameplay that only appear to be good until scrutinized in the replay screen. they are also showing the solid gameplay of nfl 2k5 when used with the right roster set that puts ratings for players at correct levels so that the game will play realistic, and also with the correct slider set, and playbook. most people dont want to do all of that, and i can understand that but when you get all of that down its like a work of art just happened and you are watching magic on the screen. then you will see football the way it was supposed to be, with a good physics engine that doesnt have quirky animations so that the player can look good like madden. also madden has never really taken size or any position other then flashy ones into consideration but nfl 2k5 does. every position matters in that game as it should. For those that dont know who can download roster updates for ESPN NFL 2k5 for free at nfl2k5rosters.com and can transfer them in your game as long as you have an action replay or max drive.

So this is real simple, when they come out with the game this year just save your money and get your football fix like a man with nfl 2k5 or even tecmo super bowl since at least that game you could tell that the ratings actually did something. you can purchase nfl 2k5 on ebay or amazon for about 4 bucks when you include shipping, or if you can happen to find it at game stop, (which is unlikely since its such an awesome classic game) then it actually sells there for about a buck. On madden 13's release date just about every retail store out there will have a copy, but the best jewls are found not thrown at you at every turn. there is a reason people keep taking back madden every year to gamestop but you would be very hard pressed to find a copy of nfl 2k5 there since everyone who has one, is not giving it up, NO WAY. if their game was so good then why would i need to trade in the old one just to get an updated roster every year? if it were so good then all you would need is one good football game, and you could just sell a roster update online every year. but i guess that wouldnt make as much money that way. so you have to understand that its not so much about making a good game every year as its about taking your hard earned money so some rich corporate scum can buy another mansion while you buy a box of corn dogs and have to eat on that for a week while you play their game. even if they came out with a new nfl 2k game, im sure most people would still keep it because its such a classic game and you wouldnt get much back for it anyway.

so economically it just makes sense, and realistically it makes sense. i really love watching classic teams play each other on 2k5. i get much more of a sense that it is in that time era, then with way too over-polished, super loading time graphics. with nfl 2k5 the loading times are way shorter then madden's. madden's super duper graphics that everyone creams their pants for is what makes roster making such a pain in the *** in that game, since you must wait for it to load the player graphic every single time you go to edit a player. i would much rather have superb and realistic gameplay and just good but not great graphics, or even a little below.

Of course if 2k could make a new football game their graphics and basically everything would be much better then their last game that they could make since ea has monopolized the industry for 8 years now.

Bottom line just say no, to Proposition Madden 13. or anything ea puts out for that matter. i wouldnt buy it just because theyre douche bags and wont let 2k into the football market because they know that if they do then madden is finished, since that was about to be the case back in 2004, which is the primary reason that ea signed their exclusive contract with the nfl in the first place, which seems to be indefinite now.

EA thinks that you are all sheep, and will continue to buy their product over and over no matter what. you dont have to be sheep, just dont buy it and save 60 bucks. its that simple. ea and any corporation are only as powerful as their customers, as soon as they forget that then they have already lost. there will always be power in the people, and when people dont get their way kings and queens get their heads chopped off. (French Revolution)

Thank you, have a nice day.

Last edited by jHorns; 04-21-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
There are already threads like this I'm sure. And please don't make 2k comparisons in the Madden forum or call posters "fanboys" thank you.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »