Home

Are Rookies Overrated in Madden NFL 13?

This is a discussion on Are Rookies Overrated in Madden NFL 13? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #65
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Are Rookies Overrated in Madden NFL 13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
i understand the pads on/off for comparison, but there will be some players where their 40 with pads and cleats is affected less than average. those would probably be dline or oline. pads have limits

i have no probs with a 4.21 being 99 and scaling mathematically from there, just like jmp 99 being 44 or whatever the max seen is. agi/acc used to use 3 cone and shuttle? gimme the wunderlic and the gpa for intelligence.
This difference would have to be measured to know for sure. In my mind, the difference would probably be near negligible seeing that as the weight of the player increases, the more padding they typically wear. The shuttle is an indicator of explosion vs. the 3 cone which indicates agility. However, I feel that the 10 yard split is the most accurate predictor of flat-out ACC.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 16

I agree with Donny's if you compare them to the already way too high overalls of every other player in the NFL. However, he should bring them down and have them be like:

Luck: 80 overall
Griffin: 76 overall
Richardson: 76 overall
Claiborne: 75 overall
Decastro: 75 overall
Kalil: 74 overall
Blackmon: 74 overall
Keuchly: 72 overall
Barron: 70 overall
Floyd: 70 overall
Gilmore: 69 overall
Cox: 69 overall
Weeden: 68 overall
Reiff: 68 overall
Poe: 66 overall
Tannehill: 66 overall
Old 05-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #67
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Part of what Madden 11 wanted to do was emphasize agility and acceleration.

In NCAA 11 there were a LOT more players with a large gap between high acceleration and top end speed. Players more along the lines of Wes Welker with 86-88 speed but 99 acceleration.

Players who can get in and out of cuts and maintain/return to their top speed while others can't creates separation. In the Danny Woodhead conversation it was difficult to quantify. He ran a crazy 40 time and we all know he is elusive with quick cuts and high acceleration. BUT when he runs in a straight line to get away from defenders, we have seen him get caught multiple times. So, was his 40 time a lie? Is he affected by pads more than other players? What is it?
Old 05-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #68
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Part of what Madden 11 wanted to do was emphasize agility and acceleration.

In NCAA 11 there were a LOT more players with a large gap between high acceleration and top end speed. Players more along the lines of Wes Welker with 86-88 speed but 99 acceleration.

Players who can get in and out of cuts and maintain/return to their top speed while others can't creates separation. In the Danny Woodhead conversation it was difficult to quantify. He ran a crazy 40 time and we all know he is elusive with quick cuts and high acceleration. BUT when he runs in a straight line to get away from defenders, we have seen him get caught multiple times. So, was his 40 time a lie? Is he affected by pads more than other players? What is it?
There are so many things that affect one individual on any given play that it is very difficult to determine. Was the runner stopping, then starting up again and being caught by a guy who was already at full speed? Did he make a bad read and run into more defenders? Did he get held up or delayed? There are so many variables that I prefer to use the static data. Just an opinion. At least that way there is a universal standard when rating players and we don't have to rely on the unscientific "eye-test". If scouts use the data (both college and pro scouts) to determine what separates players, why can't we?

In the case of Woodhead, I actually had him with elite SPD (91) and ACC (95), but only above average AGI (78). His SPM (77), JKM (82), and ELU (79) were also above average. The first set of numbers (SPD, ACC, AGI) were derived from combine/pro day data while the second was from real NFL scouting data from 2011. Funny how the SPM, JKM, and ELU grades were similar in this case to his AGI grade. It wasn't planned that way, but I just noticed it now. Interesting...two different sources and methodology for measurement with correlating results (if you consider AGI, SPM, JKM, and ELU to be similar traits).
NFL Scout

Old 05-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 1

They are kinda overrated but again these rookies are prob going to be really good but this would be my overall ratings...

Luck-80
Griffin-78
Richardson-77
Kalil-76
Blackmon-75
Claiborne-75
Barron-74
Poe-72
Cox-72
Decastro-72
Floyd-71
Gilmore-70
Kuechly-70
Tannehill-70

Last edited by DGMia05; 05-01-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 6

I feel like it is unfair to give a player who was timed as the fastest in a speed test(I don't go by official times). Speed actually does have an effect, even if agility and acceleration should play a bigger role. Ted Ginn is a great punt returner because he can be gone with only a little daylight. Balancing out speed based on pads is stupid because everyone wears pads. That was the purpose of my argument, and all I seeked to say. I agree with you on speed being unimportant, but I believe that speed is easily measurable.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #71
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyfiggy
I feel like it is unfair to give a player who was timed as the fastest in a speed test(I don't go by official times). Speed actually does have an effect, even if agility and acceleration should play a bigger role. Ted Ginn is a great punt returner because he can be gone with only a little daylight. Balancing out speed based on pads is stupid because everyone wears pads. That was the purpose of my argument, and all I seeked to say. I agree with you on speed being unimportant, but I believe that speed is easily measurable.
Couldn't agree more with the pads issue and the fact that speed is easily measureable.
NFL Scout

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #72
Pro

kingcrf's Arena

OVR: 2

these are based on them having an amazing season not real ratings...... if you researched they said that in almost every announcement

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »