Home

But what about the running game?

This is a discussion on But what about the running game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #9
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: But what about the running game?

The blocking was improved last year. It still needs more tuning but well see. Watching the videos there is obviously some new tackle animations, new gang tackle pile up animations, along with new AI read and react animations, and their seems to be a hint of "physics" or at least a big upgrade to the collision system going on, so im sure all these factors will help the running game alot.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think the Run game is good, I pull of 100+ yard games with foster almost every game, I wish you could be more explosive up the middle, I rarely see somebody run up the middle, break a few tackles, and gets a 40 yarder, only on the outside runs.

Oh, and pressing the sprint button makes your blockers push the dline, so you only use the sprint button after you pass the line or get closer to it, so you can get pancakes etc.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
That's like 90% of the running game right there.
I try to hold back the tears.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2012, 02:07 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 22

Ah here we go..one of the things i been pressing for for years is the ability as a simple "option, mind you" is being able to press a button repeatedly to break out of tackles..sorta like what the old 2k nfl games had. It was one of those little things that made running the ball a heck of a lot of fun. Being able to break out of tackles by tapping a button to break loose just "feels right" for a football game..same can be said on defense side of the ball when bringing down a ball carrier.

Dev teams..you guys really really should get this in the game ..at least as a option for us because i know with out a doubt that it would be a HUGE welcome to the "majority" of us. I mean ..the feeling of physically breaking out of tackles by having to physically press a button quickly to break out of that tackle just feels "rewarding" ...come on EA..you gotta see this guys.

Also having to tap the button quickly for a quick speed burst would go perfectly with the tapping of a button to break out of tackles..these two things go together..please consider it..it would be a huge plus for madden.

Last edited by Moegames; 04-29-2012 at 02:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »