Home

Pet Peeves for Madden

This is a discussion on Pet Peeves for Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Pet Peeves for Madden

These are four things that drive me crazy in Madden 1. Lack of combine stats & collegiate stats in franchise mode is inexcusable for a football game in 2012. Can you imagine watching the NFL draft without these two major pieces of information? 2. Scrolling thru player attributes is so freaking painful because i have to scan thru 18 useless attributes before i see my QB TPW. 3. It was a ton of fun taking my players to training camp to increase their skill level 8 years ago. 4. Custom playbooks for franchise mode. So what are your pet peeves?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Pet Peeves for Madden

My complaint about #3 is the cpu never took their players to training camp which made that whole mode very arcade in my opinion. You were allowed to give your players bonuses but the cpu players all stayed the same. I always hated it when EA would add features that the user could take advantage of but the cpu never would.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
My complaint about #3 is the cpu never took their players to training camp which made that whole mode very arcade in my opinion. You were allowed to give your players bonuses but the cpu players all stayed the same. I always hated it when EA would add features that the user could take advantage of but the cpu never would.
I agree with this, and the fact that in real life there aren't giant floating rings all over the field that you have to throw the ball through, and dodging yellow balls would never actually improve a quarterback's accuracy.

I like the idea of a training camp where you can focus on certain players to improve, but it should be realistically done and utilized by both USER and CPU alike.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
I agree with this, and the fact that in real life there aren't giant floating rings all over the field that you have to throw the ball through, and dodging yellow balls would never actually improve a quarterback's accuracy.

I like the idea of a training camp where you can focus on certain players to improve, but it should be realistically done and utilized by both USER and CPU alike.
That is an actual drill that some teams use for QBs (for instance my high school uses it).

Our Coach says it is to improve pocket presence by developing the quarterbacks usage of his peripheral vision while under duress. A secondary bonus is that the quarterback learns to get the ball off quickly under a time constraint.

Our QB, a sophomore was the best quarterback in our conference (even though the rest of the team sucked).
Old 04-29-2012, 01:49 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold
That is an actual drill that some teams use for QBs (for instance my high school uses it).

Our Coach says it is to improve pocket presence by developing the quarterbacks usage of his peripheral vision while under duress. A secondary bonus is that the quarterback learns to get the ball off quickly under a time constraint.

Our QB, a sophomore was the best quarterback in our conference (even though the rest of the team sucked).
Right, but my point was that drill doesn't improve the QBs arm strength or accuracy. Yet if you earned a gold rating on that drill your arm could suddenly be 3 rating points stronger. It should be improving ratings relative to what the drill would improve in real life (awareness/vision, poise under pressure, ability to evade a rush or throw off balance perhaps?)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »