Home

Draft Presentation In Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Draft Presentation In Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #25
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Draft Presentation In Franchise Mode

That's marketing hype. That doesn't mean Madden 13 was rebuilt. Was the running game in Madden 13 reinvented? Player weight? No. That's just marketing spin. Don't listen to that AT ALL. The menu changes every year. That doesn't mean the draft UI will. I hope it does! I'd really love something more immersive. But to assume it will based on marketing hype? That's setting yourself up for disappointment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
That's marketing hype. That doesn't mean Madden 13 was rebuilt. Was the running game in Madden 13 reinvented? Player weight? No. That's just marketing spin. Don't listen to that AT ALL. The menu changes every year. That doesn't mean the draft UI will. I hope it does! I'd really love something more immersive. But to assume it will based on marketing hype? That's setting yourself up for disappointment.
lol I think you're just guarding yourself to not be disappointed in the future, and that's ok.

But im pretty sure it is not every year they say... every screen, every mode, every pixel has be re-done. But hey, that's just me.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #27
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
lol I think you're just guarding yourself to not be disappointed in the future, and that's ok.

But im pretty sure it is not every year they say... every screen, every mode, every pixel has be re-done. But hey, that's just me.
Do you honestly believe every mode has been completely rewritten?
Old 05-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Do you honestly believe every mode has been completely rewritten?
Why would I believe your opinion more than what the creators of the game wrote?

re-done doesn't necessarily mean they have tuned some major stuff, it can just very well mean the interface looks different, and that in itself is a needed improvement.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #29
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Quote:
Why would I believe your opinion more than what the creators of the game wrote?

re-done doesn't necessarily mean they have tuned some major stuff, it can just very well mean the interface looks different, and that in itself is a needed improvement.
So then who is to say that they didn't simply add some different color to the draft UI, or a new background?
Old 05-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
So then who is to say that they didn't simply add some different color to the draft UI, or a new background?
Anybody can choose to believe what they want. At this point it is all speculation, just don't see why you act as if you knew it wasn't gonna happen.

You keep your prevented negativity take, some others will be optimist.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #31
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

The things is considering everything I read about disk space not being a problem, I wonder how difficult it would be to just place a Radio City Music Hall outdoor "stadium shot" and loosely scaled set, in the game for the draft.

Then have the the first 32 draft pick's in-game player model walk across the stage, put on their team hat, shake Goodell's hand and hold up their new jersey. For the rest of the draft, if you don't simulate, it could just be some in-game character coming to the podium and announcing names, with some kind of player picture and collegiate stat graphic, like real life.

That would seem to be a basic repetitious feature, that would still seem fresh every draft due to the different player models, in-game graphics and overlays that would be displayed on the screen. They could also use that same template for award shows in NCAA and Madden just replace holding up the jersey with holding up a trophy.

Devs are always talking about adding things that can be built on every year and be used repeatedly, this sounds like it fits the criteria, imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #32
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
"Madden NFL 13 is all-new from boot up to credits. Every mode, every screen, every pixel has been reinvented delivering the most innovative, connected, and authentic Madden NFL experience in ..."

So I think it's pretty safe to say most interfaces will look different, just like the main menu has already been shown.
To me, the bold says that the re-designed the UI not that they completely overhauled everything to be radically different. It tells me that they completely re-wrote the code but not that everything is new.

As was pointed out earlier, the running game, player weight et cetera have not changed. If you are expecting a change they have not announced you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

The biggest overhaul I am predicting for the Draft interface is a new background and a different UI that is hopefully far easier to navigate and maintain an effective draft board.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »