Home

Draft Presentation In Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Draft Presentation In Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Draft Presentation In Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
To me, the bold says that the re-designed the UI not that they completely overhauled everything to be radically different. It tells me that they completely re-wrote the code but not that everything is new.

As was pointed out earlier, the running game, player weight et cetera have not changed. If you are expecting a change they have not announced you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

The biggest overhaul I am predicting for the Draft interface is a new background and a different UI that is hopefully far easier to navigate and maintain an effective draft board.
Holly cow! It's amazing the magic power people have to turn words around... NOBODY has said anything about an overhaul in terms of logics and stuff... It was just mentioned that since EVERY screen in EVERY mode is supposed to be NEW, it is a real posibility that the draft interface looks different and probably more practical, more dynamic.

That has nothing with some new unmentioned feature.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #34
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Holly cow! It's amazing the magic power people have to turn words around... NOBODY has said anything about an overhaul in terms of logics and stuff... It was just mentioned that since EVERY screen in EVERY mode is supposed to be NEW, it is a real posibility that the draft interface looks different and probably more practical, more dynamic.

I think we're having a semantics issue here. When you say "every mode is new," that is conveying a message that the entirety of the game is brand new from top to bottom. There's a difference between "tuned" and "new." If the draft UI is "new," that's different from "tuned."

Your own words used "every mode is re-done." When you say something to that effect, you're suggesting that the entirety of a mode has been completely rebuilt from the ground up. A 100% overhaul.

The problem is that you keep quoting that EA quote (which is marketing bologna to anyone who has been around this board for while) and bringing up words like "re-done," "new," and bolding words like "reinvented." The better words to use are "tuned," "touched up," and "improved."
Old 05-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I think we're having a semantics issue here. When you say "every mode is new," that is conveying a message that the entirety of the game is brand new from top to bottom. There's a difference between "tuned" and "new." If the draft UI is "new," that's different from "tuned."

Your own words used "every mode is re-done." When you say something to that effect, you're suggesting that the entirety of a mode has been completely rebuilt from the ground up. A 100% overhaul.

The problem is that you keep quoting that EA quote (which is marketing bologna to anyone who has been around this board for while) and bringing up words like "re-done," "new," and bolding words like "reinvented." The better words to use are "tuned," "touched up," and "improved."
RE-DONE = Made new, re-designed... I don't see where that implies logics or AI stuff.

Go READ the name of the thread.... Draft PRESENTATION!

This is what was being discussed in this thread, presentation, looks, interface... Nobody has discussed tuning of logics, that's a whole different discussion and I have never said I expected that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #36
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Quote:
RE-DONE = Made new, re-designed... I don't see where that implies logics or AI stuff.

Go READ the name of the thread.... Draft PRESENTATION!

This is what was being discussed in this thread, presentation, looks, interface... Nobody has discussed tuning of logics, that's a whole different discussion and I have never said I expected that.
Yup, it's a semantics issue.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #37
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

Let me clarify here.

Your posts have the vibe that you are thinking that the entire interface will be completely redone and that the Draft will be some new experience. You then followed that by quoting a remark from some source affiliated with EA.

My post was an attempt to refute this logic that a non specific marketing pitch is a reason to get hyped up. That pitch could mean almost anything. Words are very tricky and powerful things and I will wager that those quoted words were specifically chosen for their vagueness.

All I'm saying is you are setting yourself up for disappointment here. The most I see is a new UI and background, but nothing major.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 0

Im more of a improve gameplay first but better presentation to all of franchise mode would really improve the offseason and season.

They should add in full teams headquaters which would be the hub and you can go into different rooms/areas to access rosters, injury reports, make trades, practice, draft.

Having the official teams:
locker rooms-
war rooms
training facilities
practice fields
gm office
scouting/film room
Old 05-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #39
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

The draft itself should simply reflect the research of scouting. There needs to be better lead up to the draft in terms of scouting and preparation.

1) Scout players, track their progress, and take notes from your internal scouts. The scouting system in general needs a lot of love.

2) The off-season needs to be heavily focused on the draft and free agency. For the draft, your job should be putting together a board, where you want to draft (with the aid of your scouting personnel). The board should allow you to easily identify positions of need, how many draft picks you have and where they are, etc. You should also have access to the relative worth of your draft picks, since this is something teams have. There is a defined chart of worth.

3) Heading into the draft itself, the UI should present you with your board and prepared information. This way you're able to easily select based on your scouting research, make trades, and address positions of need.

Function first.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Let me clarify here.

Your posts have the vibe that you are thinking that the entire interface will be completely redone and that the Draft will be some new experience. You then followed that by quoting a remark from some source affiliated with EA.

My post was an attempt to refute this logic that a non specific marketing pitch is a reason to get hyped up. That pitch could mean almost anything. Words are very tricky and powerful things and I will wager that those quoted words were specifically chosen for their vagueness.

All I'm saying is you are setting yourself up for disappointment here. The most I see is a new UI and background, but nothing major.
That is all I said I was expecting!!! A new interface/background to refresh the feel of the draft. That means they threw away the old one and made a new one. I don't see where the overblown expectations are?

I used the EA quote to further support the orginal comment of.. we're likely to see a new interface/background image for the draft

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »