Home

When does the exclusivitiy deal end?

This is a discussion on When does the exclusivitiy deal end? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: When does the exclusivitiy deal end?

Well, I don't swing either way really..I liked both games but 2K did offer ME more at the time then Madden did, I really think it would be Best for the NFL to let lease Two or Three companies make NFL games, It would for sure Make each company step there Game up a lot, But and again, Take Nascar!!! when EA got done with it, NO one really step up and took control of the game, Not even till this day other then I-Racing..We have had one game made but was not the Greatest.....And again Football maybe diff, I have to Agree with one guy that post a reply, With EA at the end of there contract may be the reason they are working so hard to give gamers the best Madden to date, But if thats the case...I think NFL should Not give them the right no more..Cause the last few years EA have sand bag on all the Madden games, Just add a little here and a little there, And ship it out for $60 making us buy the Only NFL game...So yes I would ask NFL not to give a Contract to just One company if they care anything bout Fans/Gamers....
P.S...Sorry for the typing It's hard for a handicap person to do somethings....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #42
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxman41
I would ask NFL not to give a Contract to just One company if they care anything bout Fans/Gamers....
Here's the thing though, they don't. Dead presidents are all that motivates the NFL, and EA has more of them than pretty much any other company in the gaming business.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #43
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Sorry Big, but the nfl loves exclusivity. This deal will undoubtedly be renewed. In fact, I would expect something along the lines of a much bigger renewal, like ten years. There will not be any other nfl football games in our lifetime. If I was 2k I would simply create an incredible game that mimicked the nfl with fictional players. Make it amazing and include an awesome franchise mode with the superior football that 2k has and I'd never purchase madden again. (unless of course they improved it, then I'd be happy to play it).
You know I have no problem conceding a point IF I believe someone has a far better argument than I do but this is not one of those times. lol

There is nothing I can state in here that I have not already stated in that other thread in rebuttal to the reasoning being offered for a renewal being all but guaranteed.

At this point, it's all about what actually happens between now and the current license end date.

Stay tuned.......
Old 05-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #44
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
You know I have no problem conceding a point IF I believe someone has a far better argument than I do but this is not one of those times. lol

There is nothing I can state in here that I have not already stated in that other thread in rebuttal to the reasoning being offered for a renewal being all but guaranteed.

At this point, it's all about what actually happens between now and the current license end date.

Stay tuned.......
What's it like in your world Big?
Old 05-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #45
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

I have laid it all out in here;

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-license.html

All I can do now is wait and see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #46
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock9958
I just noticed a couple people talking about SCEA and 2k getting back into the football market and mentioning how it may take a couple of years to get a decent competitor out of one or both, but I had a thought.

We hear about how EA sports games are consistently borrowing various things from each other, so what would stop 2k and SCEA from doing the same? Given that 2k has a next-gen football game to build off of, and that their football budget would likely increase if they were creating an NFL product, is it entirely out of the question that they alone, if not both them and SCEA could produce a football game that would be able to compete? I do think the framework is there to do it if they would be borrowing tech from their other sports franchises as well.
If they were to jump back in, the idea that they could immediatle have a well designed engine that could live up to its potential is an insane assumption.

An engine doesn't just become perfected over night. It is constantly being tuned and changed to allow for more to be done. Not to mention that they need to make a solid base game prior to making a game with all those extras.

I'm just thinking even if they share from other games, it would take at least two years, be it in development or a second iteration for them to really compete. This, imo, means expecting a short term loss for a long term gain.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 16

The license ends after the Super Bowl for 2013...I call the nflpa and Nfl offices every week to voice my displeasure about the exclusive deal...you guys can too.

1-212-450-2000. Tim Langley is in charge of the video game/media department. He is actually aware of the fans wanting 2k back and he said they had a good relationship previously.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #48
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by damedash
The license ends after the Super Bowl for 2013...I call the nflpa and Nfl offices every week to voice my displeasure about the exclusive deal...you guys can too.

1-212-450-2000. Tim Langley is in charge of the video game/media department. He is actually aware of the fans wanting 2k back and he said they had a good relationship previously.
Have you called them since the license was extended for one more year, last year?

I keep looking at various articles stating the 2008 extension was set to expire in 2013, so I don't understand how a one year extension doesn't mean the new expiration date is in 2014.

I would love for you to be right, I just don't believe you are.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »