Home

How will madden 13 represent QB Brandon Weeden far as age

This is a discussion on How will madden 13 represent QB Brandon Weeden far as age within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: How will madden 13 represent QB Brandon Weeden far as age

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquez859
I get that but given the circumstances I believe it would be unfair to the players who play franchise mode with the browns, here u have a quarterback who could play maybe 8-10 season regardless of his age but yet in madden it may change that to more like 3-5 season just don't sit with me all to well considering he is a 1st rd pick and possibly a franchise quarterback
Its not EAs fault the browns drafted a 29 year old QB in the first round
Old 05-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #10
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Its not EAs fault the browns drafted a 29 year old QB in the first round
But the progression/regression issue is their fault and that is what this is centered around.

A lot of outlets are saying that Weeden wants to have his career parallel that of Kurt Warner. Warner was a Franchise QB until his last season; and I don't think he regressed that much over the course of his career as a QB that started in his late 20s, early 30s.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
But the progression/regression issue is their fault and that is what this is centered around.

A lot of outlets are saying that Weeden wants to have his career parallel that of Kurt Warner. Warner was a Franchise QB until his last season; and I don't think he regressed that much over the course of his career as a QB that started in his late 20s, early 30s.
See Warner's years with the Giants...as far as his time with the Cardinals the arm strength he had in STL wasn't there anymore. Every commentator/analyst applauded his accuracy and decision making, and his willingness to wait for the deeper routes to develop.

As far as Weeden, you can't have your cake and eat it too, fans clamor for realism, but if a 28-29 year old rookie regresses faster than a 21-22 yr old rookie (RGIII/Luck) there's a problem, smdh. Be glad you have a QB on that team finally and ride the wave before it crashes on the shore
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8

Well, I'm pretty sure EVERY player in the NFL wants his career to parallel that of the greats and playing until late 30's or early 40's, but guess what. It rarely happens.

You can't expect Madden to modify its whole system just to peace Browns fans who want their QB to play as long as other qb's coming to the league this year.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquez859
I get that but given the circumstances I believe it would be unfair to the players who play franchise mode with the browns, here u have a quarterback who could play maybe 8-10 season regardless of his age but yet in madden it may change that to more like 3-5 season just don't sit with me all to well considering he is a 1st rd pick and possibly a franchise quarterback
Why would it be "unfair"?

Plus, it's not a given. Drew Brees played until 38 in my franchise...with a 90 rating. He QUIT with a 90.

What likely might/should happen is Weeden is pretty much going to be developed. Arguably, he might should have the best rookie rating...but very little upside. Meanwhile a RG3 or Luck or Tannehil may be more raw, but have much more upside.

Or maybe Weeden is just as raw and the Browns made a bad pick in taking him with a 1st. Bad picks do happen.

Last edited by KBLover; 05-04-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #14
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Last year, I created "me" in Madden as a QB, as a rookie, at my age (32), A rating. He stayed at a high level all the way until the day he retired, at the age of 42. This happened in Madden 11 as well.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #15
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Why would it be "unfair"?

Plus, it's not a given. Drew Brees played until 38 in my franchise...with a 90 rating. He QUIT with a 90.

What likely might/should happen is Weeden is pretty much going to be developed. Arguably, he might should have the best rookie rating...but very little upside. Meanwhile a RG3 or Luck or Tannehil may be more raw, but have much more upside.

Or maybe Weeden is just as raw and the Browns made a bad pick in taking him with a 1st. Bad picks do happen.

That's the idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #16
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Weeden has a limited window of opportunity both IRL and in Madden. He is still a rookie and still has much to learn about playing in a pro style system. Madden could bump up his awareness relative to other comparable rookie QBs (e.g. Cousins or Tannehill) to account for his 'maturity'. However, he is still old for a rookie and will need to grow quickly for the Browns to gain value from his selection.

Beware the tale of Chris Weinke (another older QB who was accomplished in college, was drafted in his late 20's, and never had the time to develop an NFL skill set).

The standard aging system Madden applies should be no different for Weeden than anyone else. Regardless of how many hits he has taken, he will begin to slow down as he hits his thirties like everyone else (I speak from personal experience ).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »