Home

Madden Daily #225 Pass Interference - Lets hash it out

This is a discussion on Madden Daily #225 Pass Interference - Lets hash it out within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden Daily #225 Pass Interference - Lets hash it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
But like I said in the other thread if it is trying to be a simulation than in turn it should limit the users option of what they can do in game based on what that coach of that team would do as well...

When is the line too far?

Ea is clearly towing the line (or trying to) between simulation and trying to make the users have an enjoyable experience.
Simulation should be representing plausible outcomes based on how the real game is played.

If I want to go for it on 4th and 29 from my 3, I can, just like you can in real life. There is no NFL rule against it. However, the chance of success should be so ridiculously low and the risk of failure (ball deep on my end of the field) should make me not do it, just like a real coach.

Simulation also relates to the interaction of the players, how the players execute, how the players think on the field.

It's not just "can I do whatever I want or not", it's also about how whatever you want plays out.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibs7
^thats a good one - its a terrible on ethat needs fixing - but its not something you can que up and work everytime. the % are very low that this works.
True^^^

Just no 2 plays should ever play out the same unless you are playing someone who is too stubborn to adjust. But we all know they're are plays that work far too well for the way its designed and the personnel package thats in place and it runs flawlessly.

I know its slightly off topic but its crazy seeing the things I see when I get online to just play!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #67
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Have you ever seen a team in real life play down for down, game after game, the way the freestyle crowd does?
sounds to me like it was 52 flipped pinch. crash the defensive line down, reblitz the DT, then reblitz both LB's and stack them over the offensive tackles.

^the above setup sends 7 defenders and you can run it man or zone and have 4 left in coverage.

If I were you I would call a screen pass but mix the screen i with a few quick outs to your HB. I would also make sure that I run a Trey Open formation bc you want to make his heavy pressure pay with the flood.

Gun 2 Back will also do a nice job with this formation bc you can power block the HBs inside and outside to help pick up the pressure.

the above blitz can also be sent from one side or the other by sending 5 guys which will spring free a B gap pass rusher after teh QB- when thats the case it only takes one guy in the abckfield (or slide protection) and it will get picked up - this defense will also have rolled coverage bc the weakside DE will be dropped into coverage, most likely a purple route.

What play would I run against this?

Clev playbook
Gun Trey Open
WR Screen
Drag the HB and deliver the ball to him and make him pay for sending 7

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7
Old 05-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #68
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I play 11 minutes qtrs offline. Why? Because it becomes close to 120 plays per game, which is close to NFL standards.

If EA would put in a save option and change the game play so that when I play a 15 minute game =120 plays, plus a save option, then I would have no issues going to 15 minute qtrs.

I'm not sure why people are trying to suggest you are not sim if you don't play 15 minute qtrs and trying to stick to that criteria.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #69
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Ok this is the difference in sim and freestyle to me, if you have a beast at defensive end, or a beast linebacker you like to send off the edge, then you are right i should have to make the adjustments, but the difference is that due to beating the a.i. you are forcing me to make adjustments not because you are beating me, but beating the computer, if you wanna blitz everydown, that is your right, but calling blitzes that beat the a.i. every down thats what the freestyle crowd embraces, not the sim crowd we sit down and try to come up with a way to beat you not the a.i. and bringing PI into the game would help that alot, because no more blitzing like crazy and being good enough on the sticks to jump routes and rape the WR in the process. You have the right to play any way you damn well please, but when you act like your way is the ONLY way is where it gets a little annoying, and the same when the sim crowd wants to force its way down someones throat, i know that if i jump into a online match i probably wont get a sim game, and thats fine, i am not going to yell at my opponent, if its not to my liking i will just quit and move on. i would rather spend 45 minutes with my child then 45 playing against childish tendencies. But can someone tell me this, how is running 3 plays on both sides of the ball fun??
Old 05-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #70
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Simulation should be representing plausible outcomes based on how the real game is played.

If I want to go for it on 4th and 29 from my 3, I can, just like you can in real life. There is no NFL rule against it. However, the chance of success should be so ridiculously low and the risk of failure (ball deep on my end of the field) should make me not do it, just like a real coach.
thats literally if you simulated the game. when you play user vs user (in this case) the outcome becomes totaly different bc of the human interaction.

Simulation also relates to the interaction of the players, how the players execute, how the players think on the field.
im with you guys on this - this part of sim makes 100% sense to me

It's not just "can I do whatever I want or not", it's also about how whatever you want plays out.
need extra words for the possssssst

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7
Old 05-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
nothing I do flaunts the victory - but im not questioning peoples character based on how they play a video game.
Oh I do lol, but it has nothing to do with tourney/freestyle/Sim

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
to the sim extremist its not - to the sim extremist 15 min qtrs is a direct representation of the game. get the number of plays to work for the 15 min qtrs do whatever you gotta do. but u HAVE to play 15 min qtrs.

cant side step it
Tell that to the CPU.

Seriously, make the CPU not snap the ball with 20 seconds on the clock.

As far as "my opinion" no it's not. Go to football reference.com and look up the stats. See what the average number of rushing attempts is. See what a team's run/pass split is.

It is not "my opinion" it's what the NFL teams did.

Yes, sim is # of plays on average because that's what the NFL produces. The NFL does not produce a ton of big plays. That's why they are so special. Pick 6's are extremely infrequent as are fumble returns.

Only the top offenses can even attempt a ton of 20+ yard plays because they are only ones with enough success to offset the risks. Not every team is the Greatest Show on Turf.

Again, it is not my opinion. It's statistical fact you can look up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »