Home

Ingame Saves?

This is a discussion on Ingame Saves? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #9
MVP

AussieChiefsFan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Ingame Saves?

yea I remember how great that feature was. Wish they could put it in again
Old 05-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I too wish they would add this back into the game. Unfortunately I don't see it happening. I remember a few years ago they pushed gameflow as the answer to shorten games and no longer need to have in game saves. Personally I never understood the rational substituting one for the other.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #11
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I too wish they would add this back into the game. Unfortunately I don't see it happening. I remember a few years ago they pushed gameflow as the answer to shorten games and no longer need to have in game saves. Personally I never understood the rational substituting one for the other.
Gameflow didn't really shorten the game, either. Still took me about an hour to finish a game on 12-minute quarters. I think they wanted you to play 5-minute quarters for that feature to really shorten the game.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It's not about shortening the game at all, most of us don't want to shorten the game, its about being able to pause a game indefinitely, ie save and quit, and come back to it later for when life necessitates it. This needs to be in!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #13
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Gameflow didn't really shorten the game, either. Still took me about an hour to finish a game on 12-minute quarters. I think they wanted you to play 5-minute quarters for that feature to really shorten the game.
I agree. That's why I said im not sure how in game saves were substituted for game flow. I am just repeating what I heard a developer say a few years ago. EA also had a commercial campaign about a shorter experience (dad watching a baby) . I for one would love to enjoy a game ( watch replays, look at stats, etc) and not feel rushed. Also things pop up and we should have an option to save our games
Old 05-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #14
Rookie

TOmuch81's Arena

OVR: 2

For what it's worth, this has been a must have feature from previous gen that I wish they would implement back into this gen. I'm in the medical field and constantly on call. I just read on Pasta Padre's info about NCAA 13 that he confirmed that there is NOT In Game Saves for NCAA. Doubtful it will be in for Madden 13
Old 05-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOmuch81
For what it's worth, this has been a must have feature from previous gen that I wish they would implement back into this gen. I'm in the medical field and constantly on call. I just read on Pasta Padre's info about NCAA 13 that he confirmed that there is NOT In Game Saves for NCAA. Doubtful it will be in for Madden 13
Well now I don't remember there being in game save in NCAA there certainly wasn't in NCAA 06 and lower.

I don't even consider this a feature, it's a must have, I hate knowing I have the game on 3 days because sometimes life won't let me put it aside to play a football game sometimes, I am on call too thus I have been trying to complete the same game since saturday and the longer you keep it on the more likley it is to freeze and forget watching a blue-ray.

Last edited by 1D4ever; 05-07-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #16
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
It was never in NCAA afaik

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »