Home

What's coming in Madden 13 brief Interview with Mike Young (June 4th mentioned)

This is a discussion on What's coming in Madden 13 brief Interview with Mike Young (June 4th mentioned) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
What's coming in Madden 13 brief Interview with Mike Young (June 4th mentioned)

http://www.mevio.com/episode/314268/...en/?psRef=twte

You may have to download this to be able to hear it, I had to.

Based on this we will be getting Kinect news and other gameplay changes on June 4th, notice how he says we have revealed a "little bit of the gameplay and presentation changes so far". He also says this kinect feature is not "gimmicky" and the hardcore community day guys really liked it, hmmm we'll see.

After hearing this I'm 99.9% sure the "monumental change to gameplay" is NOT Kinect. He mentions another big announcement in the pipeline in June and then right after that goes on and says it is widely known that the game will work with Kinect. If the monumental reveal were Kinect he never would have talked about it, that's my theory anyway.

June 4th stay tuned

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-06-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What's coming in Madden 13 brief Interview with Mike Young (June 4th mentioned)

My guesses for the big announcement are 1. DPP 2.0 2. Physics collision system 3. Something new and never thought of before

I'm almost positive this monumental change will be announced during Microsoft's E3 press conference which is scheduled for 12:30PM EST on June 4th or during the actual EA press conference which is later that day at 4PM EST.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-06-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:51 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: What's coming in Madden 13 brief Interview with Mike Young (June 4th mentioned)

I REALLY hope it's not kinect
Old 05-07-2012, 01:46 AM   #4
Straight cash homie

FreAk47's Arena

OVR: 3

If it's anything besides a 100% functional physics engine...you can sign me out for Madden 13.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:06 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreAk47
If it's anything besides a 100% functional physics engine...you can sign me out for Madden 13.
Well this sounds very much like a silly statement. So if it's 99% functional physics, you'll not buy it? So if it's a complete overhaul whereby everything apart from physics is fixed and amazing, you aren't buying it. >.<

Anyway, I can not see it being anything but Voice recognition for Audibles and Playcalling. That is, the kinect announcement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #6
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6

Kinect is not gimmicky????? I would love to see how EA can prove that statement. I am not about to stand up in my living room and move around or yell into a headset while playing madden. I dont care if you had the technology to actually put my physical body in the game, i still would not want to do anything that requires anything more than lifting my fingers to hit the button on the controller.

WTF are the PS3 guys gonna do?????????????? Whos gonna go out and buy a 360 when the next generation consoles are only 2 years away from their release. Their better be something else on June 4th!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreAk47
For me to get Madden this year this "monumental" change has to be physics related. I dont expect the entire game to run on physics. But I expect them to install that system that NHL and FIFA has for collisions and tackles. I think if they start with that this year they can build off that to the point where eventually the entire game is driven by physics.

That is the only "monumtental" change I could see Madden making. Anything less and it would not be considered monumental IMO.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

The "Better With Kinect" feature probably won't be anything major and PS3 players won't have anything to worry about.

My guess for Kinect is that you'll be able to use your voice for:

•Calling Plays
•Calling Audibles
•Calling the coin toss
•Accepting / Declining Penalties
•Calling Timeouts
•Perhaps selecting a celebration (yell "Dunk It!" and the player will dunk the ball over the goal post?)
•etc.

Think of Mass Effect 3...it had voice commands for your squad, but it wasn't anything that "gimped" a PS3 user at all. So I wouldn't worry.

Personally, I've already accepted the idea that the engine for this generation "is what it is". If some sort of physics are incorporated, I'll be ecstatic...but right now, the changes announced to gameplay (looking for the ball, pass trajectories, read & react) and the new presentation elements have already guaranteed my purchase.

(inB4zigzagging!!?!?!arrrglolcats)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »