Home

Chess not checkers/Cleats not iceskates. The problem with player movement

This is a discussion on Chess not checkers/Cleats not iceskates. The problem with player movement within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2012, 12:53 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Chess not checkers/Cleats not iceskates. The problem with player movement

I decided to play a game last night after not playing for about 5 months and man the whole experience was just blah and boring. But it shouldn't have been. The graphics are amazing, like the presentation, all the controls and moves at my disposal yet it was just off and not fun.

Why cause it felt like I had no control over anything. No feeling of weight, being able to run, make moves, heck even catching the ball was just blah. The only time i had some feel to the game was swatting passes and they are still lacking good animations from past gen. Somehow someday they need to get the feeling of weight, momentum, interaction back into the game.

Last edited by Wilson24; 05-12-2012 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2012, 02:03 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiDiTkA
Actual game.

Yeah, the running made it into Madden 10 which is one of the reasons why its my favorite next gen Madden and others have mentioned M10's better running in this thread as well. But then the team messed up with the revamped locomotion engine the following year and in M12.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #67
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

I keep seeing all these posts saying EA had said the reason why realistic momentum won't ever make it into Madden is because of the lack of user control. Does anyone have any links to said explination? And if it's true, why the hell would they restrict realism due a 7 year-old complaint?
Old 05-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #68
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Honestly I have to find the quote, but I can't remember if he said every football game or all of 2k's football games. I'm pretty sure he said football games though.
Well it would be a da mn shame if they couldn't do what an eight year old game could.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

when madden 10 came out, my 11 years old cousin said he was disgusted with how the running game feel in madden 10. when madden 11, my same cousin cant even stand madden 11, because of the running animation. i was surprise he all of a sudden appreciated the running animation in madden 10. after thinking about it for a few seconds, i figured out what was going on. he did not hate the running animation in madden 10. he hated the change from madden 09 to 10, but later on realize that 09 was cheese and 10 was the real thing.

it is clear to me now that ea is not striving to make a Good realistic futbol game. there goal is make money and they could care less if the game is realistic or not. i was looking forward to madden 13, but the madden 10 video i just saw broke my hearth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »