Home

Players of America Weekly Radio talking Madden 13 at Community Day Event and reaction

This is a discussion on Players of America Weekly Radio talking Madden 13 at Community Day Event and reaction within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #73
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Players of America Weekly Radio talking Madden 13 at Community Day Event and reac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Mason
Like I said a few weeks ago...the trolls aren't the reason combing through OS is so difficult. The reason is that the signal to noise ration here is unbelievably low at times. If this was the only place to look at issues, feedback or wish lists it would be one thing, but the truth of the matter is there are other websites that are more accessible. I understand that Steve and the Moderators here are trying to improve that, but the negativity that is systematic here makes it difficult. When The Gaming Tailgate and Tradition Sports Online has so many EAGC relative to OS (especially considering the huge difference in membership), you can't help but make that connection.

That's my opinion at least. The whole reason I started to post on OS actively again was to try to give you guys more of a voice, but it's tough for me to disregard the negativity at times.
I would think that would be expected when not preaching to the choir but to those that have been dissatisfied with next-gen Madden. I don't understand why EAGC or devs would be too concerned with gamers that already enjoy Madden because barring some drastic change, those gamers will continue to.

With regards to Madden it often feels like people are suggesting we either have to accept what EA gives us or be quiet and move on. I am not directly in your shoes and am not trying trivialize your POV but what else can those that have been disappointed with the only NFL game available do except express that?

This is a serious question to all devs and community members involved with Madden, in what reasonable manner should people express their displeasure with Madden towards you, in your opinion?

The TOS on OS is constructive criticism and I haven't seen a rash of bans like in the past threads a found in search, so I presume posters are generally adhering to that. I honestly can't see any reasonable gamer being negative just for hate sake, I presume they just want an NFL game they can enjoy.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #74
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Players of America Weekly Radio talking Madden 13 at Community Day Event and reac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I would think that would be expected when not preaching to the choir but to those that have been dissatisfied with next-gen Madden. I don't understand why EAGC or devs would be too concerned with gamers that already enjoy Madden because barring some drastic change, those gamers will continue to.

With regards to Madden it often feels like people are suggesting we either have to accept what EA gives us or be quiet and move on. I am not directly in your shoes and am not trying trivialize your POV but what else can those that have been disappointed with the only NFL game available do except express that?

This is a serious question to all devs and community members involved with Madden, in what reasonable manner should people express their displeasure with Madden towards you, in your opinion?

The TOS on OS is constructive criticism and I haven't seen a rash of bans like in the past threads a found in search, so I presume posters are generally adhering to that. I honestly can't see any reasonable gamer being negative just for hate sake, I presume they just want an NFL game they can enjoy.
You know why TSO's signal to noise ratio is higher? People are a lot more respectful when the punishment for not being so is to lose the only place on the internet where you can find the experience we offer. I don't expect an outsider (no offense) to understand that dynamic. We have PLENTY of people who are not happy with Madden/NCAA, but they know that the six EAGCers on the site will do a good job for them. Contrast that with the opinion of the Game Changers on OS. We are discredited because people who had access to EA did a poor job in the past. The membership at TSO interact with me on a far more personal level than anything that exists here. I know my members names, where they live, how many kids they have. They trust us.

It is a complete Red Herring to say that our membership is any different in their opinion on average than OS members. The fact that they continue to play the games DESPITE their misgivings is a credit to the community, not a credit to the game.

Feel me?
Old 05-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #75
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I think we also need to appreciate an outsiders looking in view. When Ian was first in charge, it was all OS.

Within the last few years, the OS reps have dwindled, while others are picking up the pace.

Granted, the negativity isn't as bad as when Ian was around.

My take on it would be first impressions, but that is me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #76
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
I don't understand why EAGC or devs would be too concerned with gamers that already enjoy Madden because barring some drastic change, those gamers will continue to.
Just because people find a level of satisfaction w/ Madden doesn't mean they don't feel the game can improve. I enjoy playing M12, but that doesn't mean I don't recognize the flaws in the gameplay or the misses in presentation. My opinions are just as valid as the person who hates Madden.

Quote:
I honestly can't see any reasonable gamer being negative just for hate sake, I presume they just want an NFL game they can enjoy.
There's still a standard in which people should conduct themselves regardless of whether they love or hate Madden.

I know I'm thought of by some as a Madden apologist, but I didn't get invited to CD in '09 because I liked Madden. I hated it -- along with the other guys who were invited. What stuck out about the "Elite 8" as we were labeled at that time was that we were models of being constructive with our criticisms. We all probably hated Madden at that time, but our desire for a NFL game we could enjoy didn't push us towards being maniacal in our posts.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #77
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Mason
You know why TSO's signal to noise ratio is higher? People are a lot more respectful when the punishment for not being so is to lose the only place on the internet where you can find the experience we offer. I don't expect an outsider (no offense) to understand that dynamic. We have PLENTY of people who are not happy with Madden/NCAA, but they know that the six EAGCers on the site will do a good job for them. Contrast that with the opinion of the Game Changers on OS. We are discredited because people who had access to EA did a poor job in the past. The membership at TSO interact with me on a far more personal level than anything that exists here. I know my members names, where they live, how many kids they have. They trust us.

It is a complete Red Herring to say that our membership is any different in their opinion on average than OS members. The fact that they continue to play the games DESPITE their misgivings is a credit to the community, not a credit to the game.

Feel me?
If I understand you right, you are saying those over at TSO have a well deserved respect for the EAGCers on that site because they know what you guys stand and have stood for before ever being labeled EAGC. However, those that have and are not members of TOS understandably don't have that report with you guys.

Also, at least for me, I don't blame past community members for my dissatisfaction with how next-gen Madden has turned out, I blame EA. What I blame the community members for is being what I sometimes think is too willing to accept and repeat things that don't seem logical.

Out of curiosity, have I ever come at you the wrong way on OS? I just ask because that has never been my intent but things can get lost in translation on message boards.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #78
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Just because people find a level of satisfaction w/ Madden doesn't mean they don't feel the game can improve. I enjoy playing M12, but that doesn't mean I don't recognize the flaws in the gameplay or the misses in presentation. My opinions are just as valid as the person who hates Madden.

There's still a standard in which people should conduct themselves regardless of whether they love or hate Madden.

I know I'm thought of by some as a Madden apologist, but I didn't get invited to CD in '09 because I liked Madden. I hated it -- along with the other guys who were invited. What stuck out about the "Elite 8" as we were labeled at that time was that we were models of being constructive with our criticisms. We all probably hated Madden at that time, but our desire for a NFL game we could enjoy didn't push us towards being maniacal in our posts.
Again, I wasn't suggesting people that currently enjoy Madden don't have valid complaints too. I mean if a person is currently able to enjoy Madden, then it makes sense they wouldn't be as negative or frustrated as someone that doesn't.

Also, I can't speak for others but do I cross the proverbial line of being too negative when venting my frustrations about Madden, in your opinion? I want to know because I know I have no ill intent, I just want a NFL game I can enjoy and really don't understand why some things are the way they are.

I feel like I should be an easy win for EA in regards to Madden but I haven't been. Reading through most of the threads on OS, I just don't see the vastly unrealistic expectations that seem to be attributed to negative posts.

For example, any post about DPI and the slider not working for many years now would be inherently negative but it's still true. How else can a poster express that fact, when they are understandably frustrated and disappointed about DPI, except negatively?
Old 05-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #79
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
If I understand you right, you are saying those over at TSO have a well deserved respect for the EAGCers on that site because they know what you guys stand and have stood for before ever being labeled EAGC. However, those that have and are not members of TOS understandably don't have that report with you guys.

Also, at least for me, I don't blame past community members for my dissatisfaction with how next-gen Madden has turned out, I blame EA. What I blame the community members for is being what I sometimes think is too willing to accept and repeat things that don't seem logical.

Out of curiosity, have I ever come at you the wrong way on OS? I just ask because that has never been my intent but things can get lost in translation on message boards.
Not at all, I've always thought you at least were thoughtful even if I didn't agree with you.

On the topic of the TSO members and me being a Game Changer, you are exactly right. Truthfully, it is a hard transition for me to move between the two boards, I feel I need to pick my words far more carefully here. It's odd to have my words taken as less than face value. It isn't a dynamic I've felt online in a long time.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #80
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

If I can throw my two cents in, and this is just my opinion, so, take it for what it's worth.

I've been over at TSO a few times, and I have noticed they know each other and joke around a more, like a pub or coffee house. They know what the issues of Madden are, but they seem to not dwell in the past as much as we do. They seem to try to address what is wrong with Madden currently, and how they can fix it moving forward.

That's my impression, anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »