Home

Madden NFL 13 Partners with NFL Films, Brings Back QB Cadences and More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Partners with NFL Films, Brings Back QB Cadences and More within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #33
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Madden NFL 13 Partners with NFL Films, Brings Back QB Cadences and More

I like the audio part of it. It sounds good. But my concerns for the D is still there. Looking at the gameplay. It seems the QB is having all day in the pocket and no pressure is there what so ever. I know it is still early. But I have concerns that the D is dumb down and the pressure is toned down aswell. I don't want this to be all about the offense. But hopefully soon enough my concerns will be address come E3 time.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #34
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Also I hate to be that guy, lol, but on the clip where Carson Palmer got sacked by two players, it looked really good. Looked very fluid and natural the way both players hit the quarterback. Not hinting towards anything, just saying.........
I agree on the hit. Both guys got him and engaged with the other CP3 in a way I haven't seen before in the game. Even the DL'men who hit him lower looked fluid when popping up from the ground. I guess we'll see on the 4th.

These audio additions will be nice, loving the additional banter from the guys. It's the kind of thing that made that fake announcing crew from that "other game" kind of fun and enjoyable.That and the way they flowed so beautifully together. Hope EA delivers.

Last edited by poster; 05-11-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #35
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

So with nfl films back hopefully their music is back as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
I'm still worried about animations and other game modes.

I don't mean to be that guy but you guys shouldn't overhype this game too much. I mean last year, when they added some stuff to MUT and Franchise, Superstar still remained untouched, and even then, Franchise still wasn't that good, yes, it wasn't that good.

Connected Careers could be a really good thing or bad thing. Franchise mode or Superstar could be gone. I guess we'll see.
Why do people keep saying that? They are CLEARLY not taking out the Franchise Mode. That's like saying they're gonna take out play now or something, come on people.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2
yeah. Im hoping with nfl films in the mix we get all those great sam spence music pieces back as an option!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #38
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
We will see. I will need to see gameplay in order to judge how good the audio upgrade is. I just can't go by these short clips going by EA's track record. Just can't!
They have never really teased us with things like this though. I LOVE what I see from these previews so far.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #39
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
I'm still worried about animations and other game modes.

I don't mean to be that guy but you guys shouldn't overhype this game too much. I mean last year, when they added some stuff to MUT and Franchise, Superstar still remained untouched, and even then, Franchise still wasn't that good, yes, it wasn't that good.

Connected Careers could be a really good thing or bad thing. Franchise mode or Superstar could be gone. I guess we'll see.
It's funny you point out Connected Careers as possibly being a weakness, I personally believe it will be the games strongest element. First of all, we already know that they are going all out with commentary, Trey Wingo, studio sets in the pregame etc... to make the season mode of the game as living as possible, whether it's still named Franchise or not. I expect it to be MUCH improved over last year based on those things alone.

The developers know that we weren't happy with Super Star Mode last year and I expect major improvements if not a complete overhaul this year.

Another thing to keep in mind is the date they chose to announce the information about Connected Careers, June 4th. This is the same day as the Microsoft and EA press conference and that means they are wanting to show this mode off not hide it because it wasn't touched upon or improved drastically.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #40
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

I liked that short glimpse. Graphics and animation looked great. The commentary should be a HUGE improvement this year. I hate that score ticker, though. Way too cartoony.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »