Home

Cam Weber was in charge of this game, could we see something similar with Trey Wingo?

This is a discussion on Cam Weber was in charge of this game, could we see something similar with Trey Wingo? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #33
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Cam Weber was in charge of this game, could we see something similar with Trey Wi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1D4ever
If I want to play my franchise in my head I will but I won't pay 60 bucks to do it. If I pay my 60 buck I want it on my TV. I already have an imagination. We have begged EA for presentation for years and at the first hint of it people complain the want to imagine it in their head.

Several great features from last gen that I would love to see make it back, that have nothing to do with this thread, this thread it about 1 of the feature from last gen coming back in possible a better form so why take this time and complain about the others in this thread?
I'm not complaining per se as much as I am trying to make an argument that using ones imagination will always create a more satisfying result. Could more be done in game, sure, but a weekly recap show will have to take up considerable amounts of resources and refinement to do what some people seem to expect.

A recap show is so far down on the list of what needs to be done that it is irrelevant to me at this point. I guarantee that greater depth into the core features of franchise will offer much greater immersion than a cheeky reap show or draft show as other have wanted.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Cam Weber was in charge of this game, could we see something similar with Trey Wi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
He's making the point that there a several other areas and features that could use improvement that are more important than having a weekly recap show. A recap show is only going to get you so far if teams cut their 1st round draft picks every season.
Why not create another thread for those things because in this thread the only point being made that we should go back to only menu music like we have had for the last 6 years. If someone doesn't NFL Presentation they can skip it, turn it off or imagine it's not there.

Last edited by 1D4ever; 05-14-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:02 AM   #35
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

I guess....I don't know. I can only use real life to explain my POV.

I tune in to watch the lions play almost every week of the season...Then...almost religiously by days end I turn on NFL Live (or the other show on NFL Network) and get the scores, stories, draft talk, injuries etc. I could just as easily go to NFL.com or ESPN.com and look for all this same information manually BUT who wants to do that when I'll be more entertained and quickly informed on what else is going on in the league without the hassle of stat searching all by watching a wrap up show?

If I'm playing in a franchise mode why would I not want to have a show that emulates this sequence of events. I want to be immersed into my franchise just as I'm immersed into what's happening in the NFL weekly. The difference being ofcourse a show like NFL Live is like a 1.5Hr show and such a show in franchise mode wouldn't even come close to that but at the end of the day I'm watching that show to get caught up on what else is going on in the league, what to look forward to, how do things effect other teams.

Strolling around through stats and such is great when I want more detail, or specifics in how a team or player is performing but a show (both real life, and in a video game such as 2k) that provides the general story of what's going on just helps me stay connected with the league as a whole. And I don't even want to get started on how most of these shows come into play as far as draft stuff is concerned.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »