Home

Sim Players: Your Head's Going to Explode: Game Vs #6 On XBL- Bears Vs Seahawks

This is a discussion on Sim Players: Your Head's Going to Explode: Game Vs #6 On XBL- Bears Vs Seahawks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #17
Banned

pajcbanned's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Sim Players: Your Head's Going to Explode: Game Vs #6 On XBL- Bears Vs Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Ha! Yeah, but Banks is definitely not one of my favorites. And I like a bit more funk & soul in my beats.
haha, i can most definetly respect that. sometimes it's hard, but i never try to hate on anyone elses taste in music, if someone can like it... it must not be all too bad. lol
Old 05-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #18
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Sim Players: Your Head's Going to Explode: Game Vs #6 On XBL- Bears Vs Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumplayajc
haha, are you from NY? That is Lloyd Banks' motherland!

Thanks for watching!
I'm from NY born and raised in (Bushwick) Brooklyn. Live in Queens now. I did not like the music either.

Not all rap music flows well with football. The instrumentals plays a big roll into it.

I also did not enjoy the play calling. It was just throw the ball to Williams reagrdless of coverage.

This to me is what separates a sim player from a arcade gamer. A simplayer will repsect the coverage and not exploit the game, and will look for the open man. What was showcased here by the player running the seahawks was exploting the game coverage mechanics and execution.

The Bears owner did a much better job finding the open player. Good job

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 05-16-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #19
Banned

pajcbanned's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I'm from NY born and raised in (Bushwick) Brooklyn. Live in Queens now. I did not like the music either.

Not all rap music flows well with football. The instrumentals plays a big roll into it.

I also did not enjoy the play calling. It was just throw the ball to Williams reagrdless of coverage.

This to me is what separates a sim player from a arcade gamer. A simplayer will repsect the coverage and not exploit the game, and will look for the open man. What was showcased here by the player running the seahawks was exploting the game coverage mechanics and execution.

The Bears owner did a much better job finding the open player. Good job
Hey man, thanks for the watch and comment! I have been thinking about changing up then music... but the again, my Youtube name is "Lloyd Banks"...so we will see!

I do not blame my opponent all too much for exploiting the coverage and using Mike Williams' 6'5 frame - it did get hella frustrating.. but it was up to me to try and find a way to combat that. For example, I tried to stick Tillman on him all game (6'2)... he didn't work too well either lol... but when I did try to double him, he didn't throw it to Williams, he did find the open man, unfortuantely for me . I do agree it is unrealistic, but I do give the user credit for user catching, which takes some skill. The main gripe I have on my opponent.. is his nano up the middle... as you can see in the vid he would position his man in such a way that sometimes he would come right up the middle untouched--- i was forced to motion block a RB almost every play. But hey.. oh well. It was an all around good game and I hope he plays me again!

As far as my gameplan - I was trying to expose his man coverage by using my speedy WRs in go routes, cross routes and comebacks. I tried to run, but running is hard vs man blitzes. I prbably should of ran more and ran some clock in the 3rd because it was hard to stop him. It sucks losing to Tavarias Jackson!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #20
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumplayajc
Hey man, thanks for the watch and comment! I have been thinking about changing up then music... but the again, my Youtube name is "Lloyd Banks"...so we will see!

I do not blame my opponent all too much for exploiting the coverage and using Mike Williams' 6'5 frame - it did get hella frustrating.. but it was up to me to try and find a way to combat that. For example, I tried to stick Tillman on him all game (6'2)... he didn't work too well either lol... but when I did try to double him, he didn't throw it to Williams, he did find the open man, unfortuantely for me . I do agree it is unrealistic, but I do give the user credit for user catching, which takes some skill. The main gripe I have on my opponent.. is his nano up the middle... as you can see in the vid he would position his man in such a way that sometimes he would come right up the middle untouched--- i was forced to motion block a RB almost every play. But hey.. oh well. It was an all around good game and I hope he plays me again!

As far as my gameplan - I was trying to expose his man coverage by using my speedy WRs in go routes, cross routes and comebacks. I tried to run, but running is hard vs man blitzes. I prbably should of ran more and ran some clock in the 3rd because it was hard to stop him. It sucks losing to Tavarias Jackson!
Hey man way to answer that politically correct, but since I did not play him I will speak on the game, and the impression I got from watchng the video.

Seattle has other weapons not just Williams. This guy played not to put a drive together or find the open man. He decided to use what works period. What works is that the coverage in this game has limitations and can be expoited by speed or size.

I saw jump balls to Williams at a very high rate.

Now one piece of advice, and you may do this already, but I didnt see it enough in the video. Is when your in coverage use the swat button much more than the intercepting button. It gives you a much better chance of defending the pass.

Anyway when madden 13 drops let s play some sim games together. I only play gamers who look to play a game of chess not checkers
Old 05-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #21
Banned

siouxredskins's Arena

OVR: 4

I dont understand people who use man defense so much, at all?

in man..all you end up doing is chasing receivers..3 and 4 deep zones work better against pass happy cheesers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by siouxredskins

in man..all you end up doing is chasing receivers..3 and 4 deep zones work better against pass happy cheesers.

I know I run a lot of man, but that is just because it works better for me though. Anytime I run zone I feel like there are huge holes that the computer won't cover. I have even run a cover 2 sink with 5 guys in hook zones across the middle of the field and still had them complete a crossing route right in the middle of a zone. Because LB's dont know what they are doing. I rather have my guys chasing a have a chance then zone where they are slow and don't react.

But plat this game was a lot easier to watch... Well besides the seattle user lol. But I really never had to much problems with the way you play other than the insane amount of audibles, and the one game where you were going for it on 4th down and for 2 need to learn how to bate those kick blocker off sides lol.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #23
Banned

pajcbanned's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by siouxredskins

I used to think this as well, but really, man is okay. Sometimes people will exploit the dead "zones" in zone coverages. With man, you don't necessarily have those dead zones. You are more apt to get beat deep though, but I think man, along with pressure is a "solid" defensive scheme to run. With that being said, you HAVE to mix it up. Eventually a more skilled opponent will find a whole in your zone.. and this is coming from someone who used to run zone exclusively. Also, draw plays MURDER zone defenses. I do agree, zone against the pass generally works better, but it really depends on the types of routes being run. It is a chess match for sure. Thanks for the comment.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #24
Banned

pajcbanned's Arena

Icon14 Re: Sim Players: Your Head's Going to Explode: Game Vs #6 On XBL- Bears Vs Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Birdman
I know I run a lot of man, but that is just because it works better for me though. Anytime I run zone I feel like there are huge holes that the computer won't cover. I have even run a cover 2 sink with 5 guys in hook zones across the middle of the field and still had them complete a crossing route right in the middle of a zone. Because LB's dont know what they are doing. I rather have my guys chasing a have a chance then zone where they are slow and don't react.

But plat this game was a lot easier to watch... Well besides the seattle user lol. But I really never had to much problems with the way you play other than the insane amount of audibles, and the one game where you were going for it on 4th down and for 2 need to learn how to bate those kick blocker off sides lol.
LOL, I wish I could bate them offsides. I just hate getting my kicks blocked. I feel like, I have a better chance of completing a pass and getting the fourth down then actually making a FG - This should of been patched by EA from the start. I also agree with your comment about man coverage... (as said in my comment right before this one)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »