Home

What's your "MONUMENTAL" game killer in Madden?

This is a discussion on What's your "MONUMENTAL" game killer in Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
Sounds like things really went downhill after M10...that was the last Madden I played or kept for a significant amount of time.
Not at all, Madden 10 had some of the worst exploits ever in a football game.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #58
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: What's your "MONUMENTAL" game killer in Madden?

Madden 11 and 12 didn't go downhill at all. The issue really was that it didn't go where people thought it was headed. Madden 11, I looked at it and said "...so what's different now?" Madden 12, we got some nice additions to franchise mode, but there were glaring issues that overshadowed many of the good aspects. In fact, had it not been for LBs being what they were, I would've really enjoyed Madden 12.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #59
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I agree. I feel that Madden is more about the outcome of a play than the substance. Your example is a good example of this. Their transition animations are horrible and that might be because of their branch animation technology (or something along those lines). It's suppose to offer players more control but it looks very wonky when players break out of a animation mid way. They should try and improve this and people wouldn't cry "BS!" so much. Bottom line is that the animation technology looks very old and outdated.

With that said, my "monumental" game killer in Madden was the passing game. So for me, this is my RTP feature so to speak. I'm VERY excited that they overhauled the passing game. I'm hoping that it is APF 2k8-esque.
Exactly! Madden has cared more about the outcome rather than the substance..thats why we dont see great wr/db interactions or ol/dl interactions...blocking as a whole and my.biggest.gripe tge running animations
Old 05-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
I know I have been a little thread happy here but i am just trying to voice my opinion and to hear others specifically on what we want in this game. I have sat back for years waiting until Madden as satisfied my expectations. For me its been too long. There as been alot of talk about what EA has put into the game that they claim is monumental to gameplay. However really i think EA needs to hear what we the gamers that pay for this game every year feel is monumental towards our gameplay enjoyment. I am asking you guys what is your monumental game killer when it comes to madden. Not all of your game killers but the one that means the most too you that just kills your enthusiasm for the game.
Gameflow for me. I enjoy calling my plays and consider it about half of the game. Now, I can't play people online in ranked games anymore because of it and considering that's about 95% of what I play on Madden it means I hardly ever play the game anymore.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Gameflow for me. I enjoy calling my plays and consider it about half of the game. Now, I can't play people online in ranked games anymore because of it and considering that's about 95% of what I play on Madden it means I hardly ever play the game anymore.
Just for reference you do realize you don't have to use it online right?? You can push one button and bring up the play call screen.

The last 2 years for me has been playing the next years version early. I just retired from Madden 12 after the last community event. Can't do it.. no way

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 12:08 AM   #62
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Super leaping linebackers make me rage. So unrealistic. Commentary annoys me too
Old 05-25-2012, 02:10 AM   #63
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15

Its gotta be the lack of momentum. Nothing causes me to rage quite like watching my opponent go over 100 yards on 3 carries after shaking and baking my defense with the L-Stick.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:22 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

Other than fluid movement of the players, I would have to say the trenches. If they can ever get the trenches right, I feel the rest would follow on Madden b/c I feel the trenches is more of the foundation of the game. You get in a season and the DT's end up having more sacks than Suggs or Freeny playing the game sim style. EA took at tiny step in the right direction by pretty much eliminating nanos but it's so much more that needs to be done with the trenches!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »