Home

rushing yards

This is a discussion on rushing yards within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
rushing yards

i just finish playing about three game online, and i rush for more than 200 yards in two of the game. i average more than ten yard per carry in all three games. well you guys would think i am happy with the result, but i am not. rushing for 100 yards on sunday is very difficult against any defense. running the ball is 50% of the offense. in another words 50% of the offense in madden is clearly broken. my online friends that dont even know the meaning to the word sim are unhappy with the running/rushing in madden.

i would have to conlude that all the community day event and big gimmick coming on june 4th is part of EA marketing strategy, if the problem with running the ball, zig zag running and safety taking bad angles is still present in the game. you dont have to play more than two game to notice the safety taking bad angle or seeing how the running back is zig zagin all over the gad damn field.

Last edited by DaBear23; 05-19-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: rushing yards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear23
i just finish playing about three game online, and i rush for more than 200 yards in two of the game. i average more than ten yard per carry in all three games. well you guys would think i am happy with the result, but i am not. rushing for 100 yards on sunday is very difficult against any defense. running the ball is 50% of the offense. in another words 50% of the offense in madden is clearly broken. my online friends that dont even know the meaning to the word sim are unhappy with the running/rushing in madden.

i would have to conlude that all the community day event and big gimmick coming on june 4th is part of EA marketing strategy, if the problem with running the ball, zig zag running and safety taking bad angles is still present in the game. you dont have to play more than two game to notice the safety taking bad angle or seeing how the running back is zig zagin all over the gad damn field.
The overrall gameplay engine, the size of the field, the speed (turning on a dime) etc. Is already bad enough.

That's why I don't like playing online sometimes. It's broken. Players get like over 200 rushing yards against me on 20 carries.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

level matters.....simply put....all pro is WAY too easy. If you play for any period of time you will blow the cpu away. Even against human opponents remember the cpu controls 10 of the guys on each team....20 altogether. It's why I don't play online play now games. i can be ions better than my opponent but when he keeps throwing into a crowd and coming down with the catch no matter what I do because the cpu is controlling all the other guys...its pointless...skill doesn't matter than unless you are cheesing. you guys need to go all madden...unfortunately that increases the BS plays....so you need to adjust sliders...which I don't think you can do in online franchise....so I don't know what to tell you. Off line I can get sliders so that I'm running for maybe a bit over 100-125 yards on a good day and somewhat less when I'm behind, have a crappy team etc.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 05-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
The overrall gameplay engine, the size of the field, the speed (turning on a dime) etc. Is already bad enough.

That's why I don't like playing online sometimes. It's broken. Players get like over 200 rushing yards against me on 20 carries.
if turning on a dime is still in game, then madden 13 is dead. it is hard to miss the fact that running the ball in madden is clearly broken. it look bad visually and the outcome is also ridiculous. why dey wont fix it, only God knows.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Da bear maybe it's who you were playing that's why you got 200 rushing yards because I've NEVER in my life of madden gave up 200 yards in a game...But as for running the ball in Madden yeah it's broken and it really needs to be fixed....I love running the ball that's what I do around 60% of the time but it just gets so boring after a few games because of how they run...I hope this year they do a better job at making the RB's run like they do IRL and stop this turning on a dime and running the other way without losing any speed at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

The problem i see is that the O-line is just way to powerful in the run blocking in my online franchise 2000 yards is nothing the league leaders get 4000. All you have to do is run 50 dive plays a game and the center will just clear a path through the middle. We play on All-Madden and it has gotten so bad that our long running league is about to fold due to boredom. the average scores for our human VS computer games is around 56-14.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #7
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i agree i dont play online but when i did i use have crazy yards with like 3 or 4 carries and i'd be close or over 100 yards. now i just restarted a offline franchise havent played franchise since the second patch to fix the rain issue.
im in week 6 of my franchise and trent richardson leads the league in rushing he has 100 carries for 709 yards avging 7 yards a rush 8 td's and avging 177.2 yards a game.only other back close to him is willis mcgahee with 617 yards 5 other backs have around 500+. rest of league is under 400 and less. so if u add that up another 6 games richardson's gonna have 1,400 yards and season not even over so hes gonna end up probly with 2,000+ yards rushing in a season.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errors Occurred
Da bear maybe it's who you were playing that's why you got 200 rushing yards because I've NEVER in my life of madden gave up 200 yards in a game...But as for running the ball in Madden yeah it's broken and it really needs to be fixed....I love running the ball that's what I do around 60% of the time but it just gets so boring after a few games because of how they run...I hope this year they do a better job at making the RB's run like they do IRL and stop this turning on a dime and running the other way without losing any speed at all.
I have to call bs on that. Everyone at some point gives up arcade nonsense at some point. But I haven't played madden ONLINE since 2007 so who knows what type of bullcrap occurs now. I would assume nano, running the same plays etc etc etc still exists now?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jfem4j

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »