Home

Recommend a Madden this gen until 13

This is a discussion on Recommend a Madden this gen until 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2012, 02:43 AM   #9
MVP

AussieChiefsFan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Recommend a Madden this gen until 13

Madden 10 is great
Old 05-22-2012, 06:51 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Madden 08 and 09 had some pretty damn strong on-field gameplay, but severely lacked in modes. I'd still recommend them over M10 and M11 though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-22-2012, 07:20 AM   #11
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm not saying you should get Madden NFL 11, but other than the tackling, the gameplay isn't that bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #12
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I seriously can't believe how over rated Madden 10 is around here. That game had serious issues.

1) The flats could be abused to point of ridiculousness. You want to score at will? Swing pass to the flats to a good or great RB with speed. You could not stop it, the cpu could not stop it. Killed the game. I had to create a house rule to only throw one swing a game to keep myself from crushing the cpu
2) Absolutely no deep or vertical passing game on Madden 10. It was rare you would be able to stretch the field.

3) Robo QB. He would always just get the ball off.....and if he did not, it would be a fumble going the other way for 6. Really drove me crazy. Presentation had bugs, the Extra Point was so over rated as well.

Bottom line for me with Madden 10 was it was too easy because it could be abused and you had to have house rules (which I hate overall because that means the game has seriously flawed AI). If I have to hold off on certain fundamental plays like screens and swings then what's the point.

Madden 11 had it's flaws too. Tumble weed tackles etc. But with a killer set of sliders IMO played a much tighter and much more fun game of football. Plus you had game planning to assist the CPU from not calling verticals and CB blitzs all day (which was tuned much better in 12).

Maden 12 is by far the best next gen Madden. But you don't want that one (and I would not pay more than 15-20 bucks for it anyway).

If I were you I would not bother buying any Maddens till August. Why waste your time and money on a game you will play for what 2 and half months? Then again...your money and your time.

Madden 13 looks like it will be really good compared to what we have seen in the presentation department and the new passing system is very intriguing. I would hold off.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 05-22-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #13
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Madden '10.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7

so i went ahead and picked up both 09 and 11. my thought process was that even though 10 got the most votes here, i picked 11 because i figure it was basically like 10 2.0 with worst tackling. And perhaps with the right sliders that can be toned. I got 09 out of curiosity and also as a backup. plus it was dirt cheap. thanks again for all the recommendations and analysis.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
so i went ahead and picked up both 09 and 11. my thought process was that even though 10 got the most votes here, i picked 11 because i figure it was basically like 10 2.0 with worst tackling. And perhaps with the right sliders that can be toned. I got 09 out of curiosity and also as a backup. plus it was dirt cheap. thanks again for all the recommendations and analysis.
Let us know what you think

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #16
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Madden 06.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »