Home

Creative Director Mike Young on why Madden 13 will have "Tebowing"

This is a discussion on Creative Director Mike Young on why Madden 13 will have "Tebowing" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #33
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Creative Director Mike Young on why Madden 13 will have "Tebowing"

I am going to post this and leave it alone because I am completely baffled by some posts in this thread.

Let me be clear, the annoyance espoused in my first post is mainly around the things expressed in the article about "Tebowing" being some kind of continued commitment to NFL authenticity in Madden. If there is such a commitment that existed before now, in this console generation, it is superficial at best and even that is lacking, imo.

Young does the new dev team a disservice, imo, referring to things like David Tyree's catch and Tebowing as some proof of the NFL authentic legacy of next-gen Madden, imo.

This thread was referring to the article, not just the "innocent" tweet reply. Young is even credited with saying Tebowing is in because it is such a recognizable moment but that shouldn't be the standard for NFL authenticity, imo. Having NFL authenticity in Madden should be as much about the small nuances as it is about the easily heralded moments. However, given EA's track record for over doing the recognizable moments, ie Tyree catch, big hits, broken collar bones, SportsCenter highlight filled routine game play, etc, I didn't like the comments credited to the Creative Director for M13. This could have been an article with Young explaining why they added Cruz's salsa dance, which he also mentioned and I would still feel the exact same way.

That said, hopefully the things I didn't like that were espoused in this article don't have much if any effect on the overall NFL authenticity and attention to detail placed in Madden 13.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
No offense intended to anyone but this is what I asked to be spared from because I knew it was coming. I don't want to turn this into some alleged Madden hating rant but nobody made Young refer to the David Tyree catch or for EA to latch on to a particular tweeted question. An answer like, "we will be trying to add as many NFL authentic celebrations as possible" could have sufficed. No need to choose to tweet "Tebowing" specifically made it in, even in response to that question.

CR and Raodman, your posts come across as much more naive than I believe either of you actually are or believe anyone else is. That question presented an opportunity for EA to capitalize on a a "buzzing" topic and I believe you both know it.

EDIT*- Saw JP's post late but lump it in with this reply too. C;mon man.
No matter how you wanna spin it. They put the ball out there.... Everyone else picks it up and runs with it. That is a fact, if they were trying to get a massive reaction it would be plastered everywhere. It's not some sort of conspiracy as you would suggest my friend.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
He might be just be a backup, but he sells numbers, too. When people discover "Tebowing" is in the game, there might be more sales.
Which is the real reason, imo.

If it was about "getting everything in on Sunday" why not do both Sanchez's cadence and Tebow's praying?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Yeah this was innocent alright. I mean innocent tweet, then innocent screen shot followed by upcoming video of it.

Yep no marketing going on here folks, move along. EA couldn't of possibly thought that the New York market who over covers everything wouldn't of had programs searching for Tebow mentions on twitter.
Of course after they see it blow up within five minutes of the tweet they are gonna get a video and pic ready. That's called feeding the buzz not creating it.

But that's neither here nor there. EA puts out material, how everyone reacts to it fuels further information pertaining to the same content. It's good business.

I remember a few weeks back when people in the Madden/gaming community were screaming for EA to release something... "Anything" about Madden 13. Now that they are the SAME people are criticizing them for it for releasing info.

On the topic though, I hated tebow in college and don't care for him now. But I do want to see him do well in the NFL because of all of the doubters (myself sometimes as well). The guy has a ton of football deficiencies to overcome.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #37
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I mean just last night he tweeted me about the improved "zoom" camera and you don't see articles about that anywhere and it has a much bigger impact on the game.
Whoaaaa wait a mnute. Please make it your business buddy to update me on what ever information you get okay?!

okay pretty please.

All Joking aside. a better zoomed camera is something that excites me a ton. Playing in different camera angles brings a different type of excitement. Really looking forward to seeing the improvements.

Thanks for this info
Old 05-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #38
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

i've liked Tebow since he was at Florida because i like the way he plays the game and i like the way he handles himself. i want to see Tebow do well that way all the haters can go shove it. honestly i will say this Sanchez better not get sacked, throw a pick, fumble none of that hahaha. because as soon as he does i'm sure all the Jets fans will start chanting for Tebow and as a side note i never really thought Sanchez was all that great anyway. if Tebow can challenge him then so be it.

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 05-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #39
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Which is the real reason, imo.

If it was about "getting everything in on Sunday" why not do both Sanchez's cadence and Tebow's praying?
But they didnt do every QB in the NFL as for as a cadence is concerned.

Tebow was a starter, but P.Manning changed that , which triggered a trade, and it is only a matter of time before it changes in NY.

Plus what does codence have to do with Tebow's praying???? They took Tebow's routine which is his praying and put it into the game to reflect the personality of the game.

I don't see what the drama is with this? We all have asked for the game to have more personaltiy, and when we get it there's a problem.

Really baffles me. I'm not just speaking to you KBLover , but to all of those that have a problem with it.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 05-23-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #40
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
No matter how you wanna spin it. They put the ball out there.... Everyone else picks it up and runs with it. That is a fact, if they were trying to get a massive reaction it would be plastered everywhere. It's not some sort of conspiracy as you would suggest my friend.

While I whole heartedly and proudly admit to subscribing to many Madden conspiracy theories, I really don't see how this is one of them. lol. You refer to "spin" yet in your post you seem to be unintentionally doing just that about what Young states in this article.

Young is the one that referred to the David Tyree catch, Cruz salsa, surprise onside kicks and Tebowing as examples of NFL authenticity in Madden past and present, not someone else. IMO, those are not examples of some storied commitment to NFL authenticity but more like reminders of the superficial NFL casual pandering Madden has seemingly repeatedly focused on with next-gen Madden.

Of course you don't have to agree and are entitled to your own opinion but that's my take on what Young stated in this article. IMO, all this other talk about personal feelings towards Tebow and other players is besides the point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »