Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Tim Tebow... Tebowing

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Tim Tebow... Tebowing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2012, 12:39 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Courtesy of ESPN: New Madden 13 Video: Tebowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's not just me right, his running looks improved over last year right? He's not hunched over.

I don't agree.. I dont really like how the running animation still looks.. Something is still not right.. He still looks hunchback while running, not just him but all the players in Madden still do. He needs to run upright while hitting his strides. The only time he should look hunchback is when he is hitting a hole or accelerating to a burst of speed, then when the player hits their stride, they should look more upright while running.. Please EA, get it right for once! For goodness sake what does it take to get it right?? Look at some game footage or something.. Tired of the same running animations every year?? I just dont understand why it takes EA so long to get something right? Who is in charge of animations? im curious..

Last edited by Gmen56; 05-24-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 12:43 AM   #42
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
I thought it looked awful. Not only is "Tebowing" not his TD celebration, he all the sudden goes from a full sprint to stopping on a dime to dropping to a knee. It just didn't look natural.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:46 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Tim Tebow... Tebowing

Is it too late in development to change the QB ballcarrying style to a normal tuck or not? When forced to scramble, Pocket QBs like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning (both) almost always tuck the ball normally.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:51 AM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61woods
Is it too late in development to change the QB ballcarrying style to a normal tuck or not? When forced to scramble, Pocket QBs like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning (both) almost always tuck the ball normally.
I showed 2 videos, 3 runs of Tebow carrying the ball IRL like a loaf of bread on post #24. If he does IRL, why not in the game?
Old 05-24-2012, 12:56 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I did preview all three runs before posting them and in the run in 2010, he carries it like a loaf of bread for 10 yds.

I can't recall on the second run, but on the third run, he carries it like a loaf of bread for 15 yds.

I was merely pointing that he does carry it like a loaf of bread, sometimes, the poster I quoted said he always carries it like a HB, which we've discovered isn't true.

From the poster I quoted: Tebow doesn't run like that, regardless of the other QB's in the league. Why they couldn't have just given him a HB run animation blows my mind.

He does run like that, sometimes.

And, sorry, before today, count me as one that didn't know he "tebowed" on the sidelines vs after TD's.

Guess I'm in the minority.

Someone has already posted multiple QBs in the league from Alex Smith to Tom Brady. In the Madden footage he is obviously well out of range from the LOS in the open field. When they are no longer in position to throw or to fool the defense to look for the pass, QBs pretty much instinctively tuck the ball nowadays like a majority of players. Therefore it shouldn't be a default running animation for non-RBs, WRs, TEs, & FBs anymore. If you didn't know about the Tebowing not being done in the endzone you may not know about that as well.

But of course QBs are going to just have the ball in their throwing hand untucked until they've made the decision to run which is typically a few yards past the LOS. Tebow did tuck the ball every player except for the run were he only ran 6 yards for a TD since the play was so close to LOS anyway.

Here's the post I was talking about with all the current QBs (mostly pocket QBs) tucking the ball running with no intention to pass...it's a long on with a lot of photo examples so I'll just post the direct link instead of quoting.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043688423

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=552658
PGaither's post

Last edited by Jimi XIII; 05-24-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 02:13 AM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
Someone has already posted multiple QBs in the league from Alex Smith to Tom Brady. In the Madden footage he is obviously well out of range from the LOS in the open field. When they are no longer in position to throw or to fool the defense to look for the pass, QBs pretty much instinctively tuck the ball nowadays like a majority of players. Therefore it shouldn't be a default running animation for non-RBs, WRs, TEs, & FBs anymore. If you didn't know about the Tebowing not being done in the endzone you may not know about that as well.

But of course QBs are going to just have the ball in their throwing hand untucked until they've made the decision to run which is typically a few yards past the LOS. Tebow did tuck the ball every player except for the run were he only ran 6 yards for a TD since the play was so close to LOS anyway.

Here's the post I was talking about with all the current QBs (mostly pocket QBs) tucking the ball running with no intention to pass...it's a long on with a lot of photo examples so I'll just post the direct link instead of quoting.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043688423

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=552658
PGaither's post
Nah, I know that it shouldn't be a default animation, but in the Madden video, he's running untouched and with no one near him.

Again, someone said he doesn't run with the ball like that, all I did was find a few videos when Tebow didn't tuck the ball all the time beyond the LOS. Am I wrong in seeing what I'm seeing?

Heck, with Rodger's being a double threat, I've seen him carry the ball plenty of times beyond the LOS like a loaf of bread.

I'm not saying all QB's carry the ball that way, I'm saying some do, some of the time.

Last edited by roadman; 05-24-2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:37 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Nah, I know that it shouldn't be a default animation, but in the Madden video, he's running untouched and with no one near him.

Again, someone said he doesn't run with the ball like that, all I did was find a few videos when Tebow didn't tuck the ball all the time. Am I wrong in seeing what I'm seeing?

Heck, with Rodger's being a double threat, I've seen him carry the ball past the LOS like a loaf of bread.

I'm not saying all QB's carry the ball that way, I'm saying some do, some of the time.
Well...ideally I think Madden should have the QBs tuck the ball after 5 yards past the LOS if no defenders are in reach. I think that would make a lot of people happy...I think. It would definitely be better than seeing every non-ball carrier one hand it imho.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:49 AM   #48
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Hmm maybe I am crazy but when he drops the ball the way it bounces and rolls. I don't know that just looks different to me.

In a good way.
I agree with you on that. Question is could this mean some good ball physics this year. Hoping that is true. I watch the video like a few different times. Seeing the ball roll around. Instead of it just been dropped and stop moving like a rock or something. Hope this means something when it comes to fumbles and all. I guess we will find out soon enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »