Home

Madden 13 - Trade Value

This is a discussion on Madden 13 - Trade Value within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden 13 - Trade Value

I was just going to add that Smith's horrible deep accuracy was a big enough reason for me to trade him away for Ryan Mallet who is better in game than Smith. I view Ted Ginn and Michael Crabtree as deep threats (in addition to Davis) and am often successful now without Smith at QB and Mallet in there. I'll also add Mallet was the best option at QB and traded for Mallet straight up.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #10
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Why Cam? I mean, I know he's good, but Alex in the Video game isn't that bad. The 49ers don't really have a deep threat, so Alex's poor Deep accuracy almost never matters. I use lots of runs and short/mid range passing.

If I were going to make one change to the 49ers, especially for a short term franchise, I would find a true #2 CB or go for an elite #1. Rogers and Brown did a very good job last year, but this is madden and their high 80's speed and 89/88Man coverage ratings are good enough for most receivers in the league. You pretty much have to play zone all day in M12 online.

Alex is mobile and can make most any throw you need to in Madden. Getting Cam would improve the offense, but I don't think what you would have to give up for him would be worth it.

That, or get a receiver who can run routes. The best route runner on that receiving core is Crabtree with only like 84 Route Running, which is pretty bad. Morgan has like 77 [which I personally increased to 86 in my offline roster file] and that is craptastic. Just like how the 49ers corners man coverage ratings are too low for most teams, the 49ers route running ratings are o bad, most corner can keep them on lock down.

Get a receiver like Devon Bess from a Dolphins owner for cheap if they let you. He has like 95+ in catch, route running acceleration and agility. only 88 speed and like 77 catch in traffic, but he gets open so often it doesn't matter.

If I were to give up the farm in picks, It would be for an elite corner long before I go for Cam. There just aren't that many great CBs in the NFL or Madden.
Cam Newton is just my favorite player. lol Thats really the only reason I want him. I do fine passing with Alex Smith. And believe me, I already know I need a whole new secondary. The 49ers best CB, FS, and SS all have below a 90 speed. I was playing my friend yesterday and subbed them all out to just put faster people there because I was getting beat deep every single play. He had the Cowboys and Dez Bryant would be double man covered with a safety over the top and he would just out run them all.

I probably wont keep Frank Gore either. He is a power back and I am so much better using speed backs. I would really like to get McFadden from the Raiders. I would also like to get some of the Raiders speed receivers as well. I run short quick hitting plays that try to get my receivers space to make a big play. I dont need a Calvin Johnson. Im more interested in DeShaun Jackson.

I do LOVE the 49ers linebacker group though. Patrick Willis is just an animal and he is surrounded by 3-4 other talented linebackers.

With the 49ers draft, they should have some more speed on offense. Not really sure on how the overalls will look though. Main thing to improve is the speed of the secondary I think. But to me Im more worried about a FS than a corner right now. I just dont want beat deep and the FS is always the last man.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.

Last edited by unc_kobw; 05-27-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I was just going to add that Smith's horrible deep accuracy was a big enough reason for me to trade him away for Ryan Mallet who is better in game than Smith. I view Ted Ginn and Michael Crabtree as deep threats (in addition to Davis) and am often successful now without Smith at QB and Mallet in there. I'll also add Mallet was the best option at QB and traded for Mallet straight up.
I think Ted Ginn is the only true deep threat on the team. I will probably try to trade Crabtree for a receiver witht about the same overall, but more speed.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »