Home

I'm really hoping EA changes this.....

This is a discussion on I'm really hoping EA changes this..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 18
Question Re: I'm really hoping EA changes this.....

Madden's engine is a broken one, and I honestly believe and hope they're waiting on the next Gen consoles to gives us what we've been waiting for years...A Great Football Game. I think they're just putting out a product every year to appease us fans, not really offering much in quality. Maybe this is wishful thinking on my part
Old 05-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: I'm really hoping EA changes this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
That's odd...since I've gotten the game I get at least 80% of my holding calls on KO's.....I've got holding at 65 i think. I get a realistic number of penalties per game...not complaining about that but it's always on the KO..and sometimes punt teams. I'm playing on all madden adjusted sliders with my run block on 0. I wonder if that's causing holding more often? But why only on KO's?
Well this is the problem MJH.. You have your holding penalties way too high.. I have mine at 49 and get a realistic amount of holding penalties per game.. I'm sure you are getting a crazy amount of holding penalties with the holding slider that high especially on the kickoff return..
Old 05-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #11
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Well this is the problem MJH.. You have your holding penalties way too high.. I have mine at 49 and get a realistic amount of holding penalties per game.. I'm sure you are getting a crazy amount of holding penalties with the holding slider that high especially on the kickoff return..
We kind of talked about this before, and where you might get a realistic number of HOLIDING calls per game, how many penalties per game do you see?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
We kind of talked about this before, and where you might get a realistic number of HOLIDING calls per game, how many penalties per game do you see?
Holding(49), facemask(55), and clipping(52) gets called a decent amount of times per game in my franchise.. I never really pay attention to the total number but I'll check it out the next time I play..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 05-28-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #13
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Holding(49), facemask(55), and clipping(52) gets called a decent amount of times per game in my franchise.. I never really pay attention to the total number but I'll check it out the next time I play..
i believe i have yours as my settings and i think the cmp gets 2-3 a game as well as me which i think is above avg unless your team like raiders or such which useally leads league every yr in this area. some times get more 2-3 a game but like i said that should be avg because no teams go a game without any one.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
i believe i have yours as my settings and i think the cmp gets 2-3 a game as well as me which i think is above avg unless your team like raiders or such which useally leads league every yr in this area. some times get more 2-3 a game but like i said that should be avg because no teams go a game without any one.
Nope.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game

The fewest per game last year were the Packers with 4.7 [almost 5 per game.] The median was 6 per team per game. Oakland had a 10 per game average

You can also click on previous years and it's about the same. The low teams are at about 4 per game and the median is 5 to 6 and the high around 7 to 8.

I am not sure if it is a coincidence, but I think awareness might have an impact on holding calls. I know that I see Anthony Davis get called more than any other lineman on my team. I see that cool "Why me?!?" animation a lot when I play.

2 to 3 is not above the average. It is below. You should be seeing 5 or 6 a game for each team.

You can also click on yards penalized per game and it has a median of about 45-55 per game per team.

This can also be interesting to read.

Last edited by PGaither84; 05-29-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #15
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Nope.

The fewest per game last year were the Packers with 4.7 [almost 5 per game.] The median was 6 per team per game. Oakland had a 10 per game average

You can also click on previous years and it's about the same. The low teams are at about 4 per game and the median is 5 to 6 and the high around 7 to 8.

I am not sure if it is a coincidence, but I think awareness might have an impact on holding calls. I know that I see Anthony Davis get called more than any other lineman on my team. I see that cool "Why me?!?" animation a lot when I play.

2 to 3 is no above the average it is below. You should be seeing 5 or 6 a game for each team.

You can also click on yards penalized per game and it has a median of about 45-55 per game per team.

Don't forget there are some games like the Steelers Cardinals Super Bowl where Arizona had 10+ penalties for like 120+ yards. I'll look it up and edit my post.
i'll have to look next time but thats games i seen when i have looked @ stats but it never really kicks in to the second half for me... so some games i can go a complete half with not one called and then once second half starts they kick in. like other day game i had nothing as far as pentalies being called and then 3 outta the 5 plays i called i got 3 3 holdings and a false start for that game. the cmp useally gets false starts and holding called as well lately been seeing a few PI's called and liking that. but like i also stated other games i have more in game because i get cliiping calls also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Nope.

2 to 3 is no above the average it is below. You should be seeing 5 or 6 a game for each team.

This can also be interesting to read.
Like I said earliar I don't know the exact amount of penalties I get per game with me and the CPU but both of us get a decent amount called every game. I'll have to start paying attention to it but I'm not going to raise those particular sliders up higher just to get a crazy amount of penalities called per game. MJH is always going to have that issue with the Holding at 65 especially on kickoffs and punt returns..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »