Home

I'm really hoping EA changes this.....

This is a discussion on I'm really hoping EA changes this..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #25
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: I'm really hoping EA changes this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Nope.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game

The fewest per game last year were the Packers with 4.7 [almost 5 per game.] The median was 6 per team per game. Oakland had a 10 per game average

You can also click on previous years and it's about the same. The low teams are at about 4 per game and the median is 5 to 6 and the high around 7 to 8.

I am not sure if it is a coincidence, but I think awareness might have an impact on holding calls. I know that I see Anthony Davis get called more than any other lineman on my team. I see that cool "Why me?!?" animation a lot when I play.

2 to 3 is not above the average. It is below. You should be seeing 5 or 6 a game for each team.

You can also click on yards penalized per game and it has a median of about 45-55 per game per team.

This can also be interesting to read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Jarrod I don't doubt you...but why is KO's the only problem? My overall number of calls is fine (that's why I settled on that number) but to have 4 out of my 5 holding calls against on the KO is ridiculous. 5 calls is fine...but can they spread them out to other situations?
I think the problem is with this game is the way the slider distributes the holding calls. I have it at 54, and while I loved the amount of calls I got during a offensive drive. The problem was that it got way too high on special teams. Then when I lowered it some it worked out nicely on special teams, but became nonexistent during a offensive drive.

In the end you have to decide if you want the avg amount of calls on a offensive drive, but high on special teams, or you want a the avg amount of calls on special teams, but none on a offensive drive.

These are your choices.

Maybe they can aid this by having a separate holding and clipping sliders for special teams
only.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: I'm really hoping EA changes this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Nail. On. Head.

I'm sure MHYankees thinks I'm some deusche-bag by now (and I really don't try to be), but I come away with the same thoughts every time I read one of his threads: he catches a string of bad luck and he interprets it as the game cheating him.

In other fields, it's called paralysis by analysis.

There are times in football when you badly overthrow a ball. There are times when you throw a bad INT. There are times your good LT will get "blowed up". There are sometimes when you'll get a rash of penalties on special teams. Sometimes, those things will happen back-to-back-to-back.

Doesn't mean the game is rigged, or the CPU won't allow you to win. It's football. Of course Madden has legit warts -- many that are talked about in several threads. I just don't know what this thread is calling for EA to do? I'm pretty sure the OP plays offline, so he can take control in his own hands and tweak away at the amount of holding calls for example.

Hey you don't try to be a D-bag....it just comes natural!!!! Just kidding man....listen...I deserve all the abuse I can get...believe me. Anyway...I think sometimes I don't express myself well. It's not that these things happen to me during a game. I coached on the high school level and I saw many bad throws, bad ref calls, inopportune fumbles, bad luck, wind blown FG's...you name it. My gripe with madden is the amount that can happen in one game and how often that happens. In the NFL you find ONE game per year when one team just has everything go wrong. 10 penalities- 2 nullifying scores, a pick six, a sack on a fumble that gets returned all the way, WR making jump ball catches while surrounding by 3 "spectating" DB's....but all in one game? 2-3 times per week?....I realize my cranked up sliders probably enables the cpu to have superhuman powers and luck at times but why is 7 out of ten games good to mediocre but I have 2-3 horrendous games that have enough bad luck to make Job look like an intolerant cry-baby complainer???????????

That's the issue. And the holding on KO's...at least with my sliders is completely unrealistic. WAtch the NFL next year and tell me how many holdings on kO's you see. Maybe a clip here or there but holding happens not even 1 time per game on average. A follow up poster mentioned the same thing. His solution was to turn holding down to the point were he get's none at all when on offense.

And many people are backing me up on this....BS games are listed as a chief complaint....now if you want to make the point that I shouldn't say anything about it, that it's part of video gaming...ok...I can accept that. But I enjoy madden...never had this issue with old gen, which I thought was fantastic, warts and all and I have enough good games to make these wierdo games really annoying...as in...the game plays so well at times...how can it be so crappy other times???

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

Last edited by mjhyankees; 05-29-2012 at 03:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »