Home

Old 06-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
I dont care what you practice to get pressure because the game itself lacks it , the main point is that its "automatic" more than it should be and you guys have no variety in playcall style as you just rinse and repeat what works when it shouldnt.

What im thinking is that a lot of you freestyle players are bored playing each other and you guys creep on over to SIM leagues and get handled due to the rules preventing you from playing and doing as you like and keeping the game real enough to even the playing field and you cant take it. Its sad when I get private messages from other member telling me they have had the same issues from said player before, but we all dont have a 1 strike and your out policy and most members dont even bother with reporting and going thru the motions of proving something that should of never happened or expected in our leagues!
Keep trying to blame freestyle players for what happen to you which logic points to one of your own being the one guilty of doing whatever you claim they were doing to ya. To me, it sounds like one of your own had a different interpretation of what's considered sim ( wonder would you have made this thread if you beat him in the 2nd game and I wonder do the commissioners of the league share your feelings as far as the person you are playing play being considered unsim ). Lol at saying a freestyle player just wanting out the blue to come and play in a sim league,LOL! There be people posting sim style leagues on freestyle sites all the time and I LOL at this b/c I know that their thread will get 0 responses, yet, you feel a freestyle player wants to play in a sim league? Do sim players all of a sudden out the blue want to play in freestyle leagues? Makes no sense man, just stop trying to throw out all the excuses and admitt that you are a sore loser and use the sim foul card as a get out of jail free card everytime you get dominated at the game. You use it like a crutch, and escape goat to counter being able to except someone dominating you at something.

You sound like my cousin.... when he's winning even though he could be using cheap tactics himself, everything is justifyable but...... when he's losing, especially if he is getting dominating, he just can't accept the reality of it b/c of his own false sense of things like he should never lose, especially get dominated. His opponent is cheating, the game is stupid..... I have heard every excuse in the book and I just look at him and tell him its ok to lose man, part of life! If it helps you sleep at night, keep blaming it on something everytime you lose but why not just accept that and move on, seems like you could sleep better,lol!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #26
Banned

siouxredskins's Arena

OVR: 4

People/kids who try to say straight play can be a bunch of different opinions are both over analyzing it and not being intellectually honest either.

its very simple..dont do anything extreme or unusual that they dont do in real football..going on 4th often, passing every down,running every down, doing the same play all the time in the same way.

dont do stuff that blatantly fools or over-rides the AI no matter what.

who ever earlier brought up that the objective is of course to win the/a game...you are being too simplistic. Yes, of course you want to win but the point of a straight league is it wont kill you to lose like it obviously does front running cheesers who cant get their way and are so stupid that they quit when behind etc because of their selfish mindset.

if you are up by 14 and decide to call 4 verts on 1st and 10, that tells me you are selfish and greedy and the win is the most important thing to you..and in video game football we know that the odds on succeeding in doing unrealistic stuff is much better than in reality...i'm not saying you cant try to pass with a lead..but a straight gamer thinks 1st down and protect ball while a cheeser /freestyler thinks 40 yards or TD every single down if possible.

if you cant stop a particular play, I will do it again and again = I want to rub your face in it and mock you.

its one thing to keep passing( not the same play,just passing plays in general) because maybe i'm defending against the run too often.
but if you are chucking to the same guy 40 yrds down field in the same spot..you simply arent a straight sim player and again you care way too much about the almighty win.
ultimately the philosical point of a straight sim league is the ability to accept the possibility of losing while playing as close to real football as possible.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by siouxredskins
People/kids who try to say straight play can be a bunch of different opinions are both over analyzing it and not being intellectually honest either.

its very simple..dont do anything extreme or unusual that they dont do in real football..going on 4th often, passing every down,running every down, doing the same play all the time in the same way.

dont do stuff that blatantly fools or over-rides the AI no matter what.

who ever earlier brought up that the objective is of course to win the/a game...you are being too simplistic. Yes, of course you want to win but the point of a straight league is it wont kill you to lose like it obviously does front running cheesers who cant get their way and are so stupid that they quit when behind etc because of their selfish mindset.

if you are up by 14 and decide to call 4 verts on 1st and 10, that tells me you are selfish and greedy and the win is the most important thing to you..and in video game football we know that the odds on succeeding in doing unrealistic stuff is much better than in reality...i'm not saying you cant try to pass with a lead..but a straight gamer thinks 1st down and protect ball while a cheeser /freestyler thinks 40 yards or TD every single down if possible.

if you cant stop a particular play, I will do it again and again = I want to rub your face in it and mock you.

its one thing to keep passing( not the same play,just passing plays in general) because maybe i'm defending against the run too often.
but if you are chucking to the same guy 40 yrds down field in the same spot..you simply arent a straight sim player and again you care way too much about the almighty win.
ultimately the philosical point of a straight sim league is the ability to accept the possibility of losing while playing as close to real football as possible.
I agree wholeheartedly with this but the thing is when people cry foul over sim style play, routes, and play calling which to me is being a sore loser. Also, there is a thing that's called sim style defense and my definition of this is to call plays on D that will make your opponent call different plays on O. You think you should be able to select a play and wa-la........ it just stops what your opponent is doing Tecmo Bowl style? Some times you have to improvise with your playcalling and that's why EA put things like playmakering and hot routes in the game. If it were like they and you just call a play and its just the perfect counter to what your opponent calls, how could that be fun? You should want to put in work to beat your opponent at the game, ain't thats what it's all about?

Don't know, it just like I get a between the line message from a lot of sim players and it says, " I want the game to come easy to me ". Seems like you don't want to put in a little work to attain success at the game.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #28
Banned

siouxredskins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTC Wayne
I agree wholeheartedly with this but the thing is when people cry foul over sim style play, routes, and play calling which to me is being a sore loser. Also, there is a thing that's called sim style defense and my definition of this is to call plays on D that will make your opponent call different plays on O. You think you should be able to select a play and wa-la........ it just stops what your opponent is doing Tecmo Bowl style? Some times you have to improvise with your playcalling and that's why EA put things like playmakering and hot routes in the game. If it were like they and you just call a play and its just the perfect counter to what your opponent calls, how could that be fun? You should want to put in work to beat your opponent at the game, ain't thats what it's all about?

Don't know, it just like I get a between the line message from a lot of sim players and it says, " I want the game to come easy to me ". Seems like you don't want to put in a little work to attain success at the game.

well, yeah, as much as there is in the game..it can still be played successfuly in a simplistic way...you could run on someone all day, up the middle and to the sides..if they dont do something as simple as shift the blocking routes etc. the strategy pad made some people give up on it all together.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #29
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

The complaints of many when it comes to needing to use the defenisve hot routes isn't so much that they can't use them or dont' want to but in Madden you have to use these because no defensive coverage is represented correctly in the game. There is a reason that 9-10 man coverage plays are so popular in online play and that is because you basic 4 man rush coverage play leaves passing lanes that are much much larger than they should be.

Defenses also give themselves away much too easy and there aren't enough coverage options to disguise coverages. You get a couple of roll plays (Okie Roll 2 and 3 for example) but unless you designed your own defensive plays on the spot you typically are going to get killed. Now why anyone would want a play to work just because you called it but when you call a defense that a particular passing concept is supposed to be weak against and it still gets burned then people get angry.

I would never say to avoid learning how to use the hot route system but you don't really expect the defense to come out with one call in mind and then after the teams line up they drop 2 linemen out on a whim in real life. Even with that said there is almost never a rule against using defensive hot routes so if someone doesn't use them its their own fault.

The other aspect of sim defenses that seem to really confuse freestyle players tends to be the player movement rules. These tend to be in place to stop nanos (something else that you guys always want defined) and I agree that in large part they aren't necessary. In fact in a Sim league based out of Madden School I came up with a rule on blitzes that essentially gives a definition of what a nano consists of and lets players move people where ever they want.

That rule reads:

"Any and all blitzes are allowed as long as they are able to be picked up by blocking an equal number of players to the amount the defense has rushing. The blitz will be considered picked up if it can be blocked without out the QB leaving the pocket. The pocket is defined as the distance between the left tackle and the right tackle after the snap. It is a completely viable tactic to roll slightly within the pocket to help set up your pass blocking for a pick up."

This is how it reads for M12 and will change slightly for M13 when they add the block and release hot routes to M13. This would eventually allow for any type of pressure scheme to be used when EA gives us a proper set of protection schemes.

Last edited by baller7345; 06-03-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:

Online play engine and online franchise engine play very differently, my online record with ranked games is 212-87. I can surely hold my own and in this community I only lost a few games here against some great Sim players, not counting the fact my record over at VG was almost half of what my ranked record is now.

So get off this sore loser crap when the gist of my post is about not being able to avoid that type of gameplay these past few weeks in one of my Sim leagues and I was tired of it is all. You just keep trying to find a way to sleep at night by justifying this style of play.

Let's see if it still exists in madden 13 just to see how desperate you are for winning instead of out playing/thinking your opponent.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:36 AM   #31
Banned

siouxredskins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Online play engine and online franchise engine play very differently, my online record with ranked games is 212-87. I can surely hold my own and in this community I only lost a few games here against some great Sim players, not counting the fact my record over at VG was almost half of what my ranked record is now.

So get off this sore loser crap when the gist of my post is about not being able to avoid that type of gameplay these past few weeks in one of my Sim leagues and I was tired of it is all. You just keep trying to find a way to sleep at night by justifying this style of play.

Let's see if it still exists in madden 13 just to see how desperate you are for winning instead of out playing/thinking your opponent.

Dude, I'm sure you realize that video games will always be designed so kids can think they are good at them...lust like the last 20 years, this madden wont be any more sim either..Megatron wil catch every ball and never get tired and RG 3 will be the new Vick LOL..and it will probably be 2 or 3 years before linemen have any decent AI logic..but its still a sports game that I like and will play with other straight players that I can find
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by siouxredskins
Dude, I'm sure you realize that video games will always be designed so kids can think they are good at them...lust like the last 20 years, this madden wont be any more sim either..Megatron wil catch every ball and never get tired and RG 3 will be the new Vick LOL..and it will probably be 2 or 3 years before linemen have any decent AI logic..but its still a sports game that I like and will play with other straight players that I can find
Yea I understand, just tired of these guys beating their chests as if their good when they undermine and exploit the game play all day long. But I'm good on dude, he has a guilty conscience about their gameplay or else he wouldn't respond the way he has been.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »