Home

Old 05-31-2012, 12:41 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
I give up!

This whole SIM vs Freestyle debate man has reared its ugly head over the past few weeks in some of my supposed SIM LEAGUES. There has been quite a few players who claimed to have been SIM to get into these leagues and when they face stiff comp, they fold up and bring out the freestyle crap.

There is no variety in play calling and I am so sick and tired of people moving around pre snap either to get that running start thru the LOS untouched or to shake you without it looking like it was intentional.

Corner routes every other pass play, but since I dont move my players around pre snap in my leagues to prevent these types of feeling for my opponent I refrain from doing so and it costs me either way. 4wr snugs bunch when things get tough for them and they send the slots on streaks and catch everyone , to people dropping back too far with their QB and throwing blindly making plays.

If there is a league out there and the 49ers are intact, open, and EVERYONE PLAYS SIM, then hit me up in my PM box please. 8min quarters is the most I would do and I will record every game just in case something like this comes up again.

I play 100% sim and am just looking for a league of guys that fits my style, its not about winning or losing, I just wanna have some fun and play with like minded guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 01:53 AM   #2
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: I give up!

Smoke, if you are on the 360 we can play some fun unranked games just for the eff of it.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:36 AM   #3
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

If you're on the PS3 the OS VETS league has a few openings.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #4
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

smoke, you can check out TSO if you get a chance.. not sure about opening for '12, but we I can assure you a spot with the niners for '13. Sim leagues is what we do man.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 05-31-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
smoke, you can check out TSO if you get a chance.. not sure about opening for '12, but we I can assure you a spot with the niners for '13. Sim leagues is what we do man.
Cool, and thanks fellas, I'm on PS3 btw, so I will post my availability for these leagues so I can get a good idea of what's going on. I just want some true players to play against man, tired of the "I gotta win crowd".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

I would say with this OLF generation the one thing that seems to be universal when users are in a pinch is as you mentioned--SG Snugs (Bench/Bench Switch) WR's on deep Corners, slots on streaks, and just throw it.

Or the ever popular hot route outside slant...one of the lamest/not even a real route in the game SO MANY people rely on this as a 2nd/3rd down staple. Very happy it's being removed.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
I would say with this OLF generation the one thing that seems to be universal when users are in a pinch is as you mentioned--SG Snugs (Bench/Bench Switch) WR's on deep Corners, slots on streaks, and just throw it.

Or the ever popular hot route outside slant...one of the lamest/not even a real route in the game SO MANY people rely on this as a 2nd/3rd down staple. Very happy it's being removed.
That is one of my favorite plays against cover 2, but I don't streak the slots because that just creates a pick which to me just feels like cheating. I usually streak my HB to attack that gap in the cover, but if they come out in a cover 3 I usually change to a run or something, just to try to get yards lol.

But yeah trying to find sim games are hard, I have just gone back to playing the computer with some sliders.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

I think the problem is, different people have different definitions of what sim is. I have no problem with someone running corner routes on me all game because I know plays that can stop it. In fact, I would love for anyone to run anything on me all game. Those are the easiest people to beat. It's when you get to the nano's and rocket catches and all of that stuff that the game gets ridiculous in my opinion. I feel that as long as the play is a legit play in the playbook, I'm ok with it. I think it all comes down to what you think sim is. You just have to find a league that shares your sentiments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »