Home

why does madden remove player with low overalls completly out the game in franchise?

This is a discussion on why does madden remove player with low overalls completly out the game in franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
The game can only hold so many players in memory at once.

My guess is that the lowest-rated players, whom user and AI teams are least likely to add to their rosters, are removed so that the incoming draft class may be added into the game for purposes of in-season scouting.

The undrafted rookie free agent thing is an unfortunate issue in Madden NFL 12 which never was addressed. Here's hoping that it has been addressed for Madden NFL 13.
Bingo!!!!!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: why does madden remove player with low overalls completly out the game in franchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Bingo!!!!!!!

well they need have an option if we want them on our team just not force it and get rid of players who are low rated heck now im stuck with 2 rookies who are rated lower then ones they replace and no option to put the guys back on the team.esp a fb that was drafted not a UDFA.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: why does madden remove player with low overalls completly out the game in franchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
well they need have an option if we want them on our team just not force it and get rid of players who are low rated heck now im stuck with 2 rookies who are rated lower then ones they replace and no option to put the guys back on the team.esp a fb that was drafted not a UDFA.

I agree with your issue. IRL UDFA's are the most likely to leave the league prematurely....but not if they are under contract with you...they need to leave those. BTW, why did you give a guy that low a four year deal?

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound

Even that option is gonna take up real estate. I would rather them remove the lower overall rated players than not have something like DPP for instance (just an example)

Old 06-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 0

So the game deleted players who were under contract to your team? That's ridiculous. Why is the game set up that way? If they want to have free agents deleted, that's fine, but don't have the game remove guys who are signed to your team.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #14
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
So the game deleted players who were under contract to your team? That's ridiculous. Why is the game set up that way? If they want to have free agents deleted, that's fine, but don't have the game remove guys who are signed to your team.
This has never happened to me in any Madden game I have ever played. Only free agents get removed during season-to-season transition. Removing players from active rosters would in fact be ridiculous, but it simply does not happen.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #15
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
This has never happened to me in any Madden game I have ever played. Only free agents get removed during season-to-season transition. Removing players from active rosters would in fact be ridiculous, but it simply does not happen.
well the rosters i use in franchise are the ones i created and it had the entire 2012 rookies for every team plus the UDFA'S who had made the team so basically they was UNDER CONTRACT and like i said one of the 3 removed was the rookie FB Brad Smelly which was a draft pick and was on the ACTIVE roster along with other 2 was also on active roster but are now gone. also after the first season i signed then to 4 yrs deals. im gonna try something and sim a season and see if same thing happens again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 01:04 AM   #16
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1

I really hate how they do that. It bums me out so much. I mean, I already have to take control of ALL 32 teams so they don't make brain-dead cuts (Shout-outs to the Cowboys cutting their 2nd round pick Bruce Carter in '12) but I also have to fill every team with these lower rated overall players during the free agency signing period of the off-season just so they don't disappear, it's ridiculous.

...oh, and don't even get me started on the fake UDFAs they throw on your team; that killed any of the fun I could possibly have making pre-season cuts trimming my roster down, especially when I control all 32 teams and every position has a minimum requirement of active players.

That, coupled with the mutant rookies (them huge shoulder pads and off-set face masks) ruined Madden '12 for me -- so, so much. I'm really hoping all of what I just mentioned is fixed for '13, because in all honesty, '12 was a good game; just the aspects that I mentioned were really holding me/it back from being very fun and immersive.
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »