Home

Fight for the Fumble

This is a discussion on Fight for the Fumble within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Fight for the Fumble

Another feature I miss from Madden 10 and 11.

In both games I set it to "Off" but all that meant was the AI decided who won the fumble. In Madden 10 it had a bad habit of triggering very late when there was a clear recovery, or when there were only two players even remotely close to the ball and suddenly like magic a cut scene to a pile of people came out of no where.

Just another feature, like pro-tak that was designed to make the game more realistic and fun, was poorly implemented, and instead of fixing it, EA took the lazy approach and just removed it.

What did you think of "fight for the fumble?

I just played a game where, after scrambling with Alex Smith, I was stood up at the goal line and had he ball stripped. A lineman from off screne came in and dove on the ball as people were piled around and I was expecting a fight for the fumble... and forgot it wasn't in Madden 12.

A crazy game of OTP in Madden 11 that comes to a head with an epic fight for the fumble moment!

This won't happen in Madden 12.

P.S. Some times there are threads where we compile a list of good ideas and lost features of Madden. Imagine how much better the game would be if most were back in the game and working properly. I am glad we are getting "man align" or "best on best" or "dynamic motion adjusmtent" or what ever they want to call it now back in the game. For Madden 13. I wonder if that means they are going to take out slide protection or something else we like in exchange. [/sarcasm]

Last edited by PGaither84; 06-03-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #2
MVP

AussieChiefsFan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Fight for the Fumble

I agree, it was a good concept but wasn't executed well.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:07 AM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

In retrospect, I enjoyed Fight For The Fumble while it was a feature in the game. I don't miss it, however.

I think the reason that I don't miss it is that, at this point, I'm really not fond of any competitive gameplay mechanic which features button mashing as its primary means of success. It's not creative whatsoever.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:02 AM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I enjoy the fight for the fumble in Madden11. I turn it off and allow the AI to decide. I thought it was balance in Madden11 to be honest. I wish they would put it back in for Madden13. But that is a long shot tho.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:14 AM   #5
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I also turned it off and let the AI decide. The thing I really did not like about the fight for fumble was that the animation was always the same and it killed the realism. This is one of those removed features I honestly don't miss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 03:23 AM   #6
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i didn't like FFTF with it on or off the animation would kick in like meantioned when nobody was around and one guy clearly recovered and 99% of time the other team recovered when clearly i should of had the ball.and second this is a football game u shouldn't have to mass a buncha buttons to recover a football if i wanna mash buttons i'd put in WWE or one those type games so im glad its not in madden nomore.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I liked the idea behind it, but not the button mashing. I would also turn it off and let the CPU decide who wins. It did add some drama to a fumble play. The current version just switches over immediately. At least with fight for the fumble you had to wait, just like in the NFL
Old 06-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

When I first saw it, I thought it was okay but once I actually played with it, I thought it was absolutely awful. Even though I won probably about 95% of them online, I always thought it was horrible and really hope that it never returns.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »