Home

Madden 13, OS & E3 Announcement Prediction

This is a discussion on Madden 13, OS & E3 Announcement Prediction within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 03:46 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Madden 13, OS & E3 Announcement Prediction

Hey guys, well i am a freestyle player who (because of my work schedule) has been forced into sim leagues and since then i've come on OS browsing threads the last while, since i joined that league.

It's 3:37am and i cannot wait until tomorrow, we're going to find out all things madden (except MUT) at E3 and i'm pretty excited. I really hope i am not let down.

Speaking of....last year they really focused on Offline Franchise. You guys got everything and my Online Franchise wasn't touched, i was PISSED. You gys apparently were greatly disappointed in the Offline Franchise Upgrades as well, even tho there were apparently over 100 changes made to the mode.

This year, i'm not so sure they are making the changes to Online Franchise that us Online guys really want (like the ability to choose what teams wins a simmed game or being able to play unranked games with your squad ect...)

I do have this feeling though that tomorrow...OS is gonna blow up in major disappointment. I think they are focusing on Online this year. You know how EA works they always alternate years with almost everything they do, it's never a little bit of each...they go heavy in 1 direction.

Last year you Offline guys were supposed to have it all, this year i think it's going to be 85% online stuff and from what i've gathered, only 10-15% of people here even care to play online.

Just a thought. I'll be here tomorrow though reading threads like normal. I really hope spectator mode is the "madden social" announcement even though i don't think it will be, but if it is....that is a useless feature for a vast majority of OS guys.

So to finish this off, for all you Offline guys. What is ONE thing that Madden could offer you online that would make you say....you know what, i'm gonna play online. Is there anything?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 04:02 AM   #2
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden 13, OS & E3 Announcement Prediction

$40,000 A year so I didn't have to work and I could play a league game everyday. I played in a league, I liked it...I was way to frustrated with scheduling games.

I want to play when I want to play = Offline Franchise Mode
Old 06-04-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

EA is playing a risky game...
To generate so much hype beforehand can be a product's downfall or make sales go through the roof.

Problem is though, that personally I feel that the hype has gotten out of control in regards to RTP. The only way that tomorrow won't blow up in EA's faces and be a major dissapointment is for RTP to be announced.

Do I think it will be? Not sure. Do I hope it will be? Yes.

I really hope it's not something like Improved AI which will react to your playcalling etc. etc. Though this in theory would be even better than RTP, I've played way too many sports games with these kind of features, and they NEVER work the way they should.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:29 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32
I hate to say it, but I think you will be surprised. You may be familiar with some guys who call themselves the Sim Standard. They released some videos on You Tube a few months ago after having the opportunity to play an early build of Madden 13.

I watched several videos from a few of these guys and I specifically heard several of them say that there are some incredible changes with this year's game in regards to game play. The change has been termed as "monumental" I suggest going to their channel and subscribing to it if you do not already!

Here is one of the links. Take note, the very first thing he mentions are the changes to offline game play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eQDhe0YTk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited by SECElit3; 06-04-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:43 AM   #5
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I think most of the people who are going to be really disappointed are the people who put all their expectations into one thing that they really want. If it turns out to not be what they wanted, a lot of them are going to be disappointed regardless of whether or not the feature is as good as what they wanted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 06:53 AM   #6
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm all about (Off-line) Franchise mode. In-depth (and I do mean deep) commentary from Nantz and Simms, along with Wingo. Making every year in Franchise mode matter. Every game, Pre-season, Reg. Season, those games where teams are trying to get into the playoffs. Commentary is HUGE!
Playoffs, a total different atmosphere. Then the Super Bowl!!!

Commentary needs to advance every year. Romo should not still be talked about as being in his 9th year, when (in Franchise mode) is actually in his 12th year.
Talking about trades, injuries, cuts, signings, RE- signings, coaches re-signing, coaches retiring, Coaches on the hot seat, Coaches who are the hot names as jobs open up for HC positions.

On and on we can go with the depth of commentary needed.

As for Franchise, Yes many good things were added last year. The Practice Squad is a key developmental part of one's roster. Though I remember reading that the Dev team cannot make it work in the game and don't see the added value.

How scouting works needs to be fixed. Having scouts will fix this. Each team should have all the info on every player & each player should be graded. It's all on your scouts info and each team, having different scouts, has different info and grades on each player. I would like this alot.

UDRFA - Hope they adjusted this to the way NFL-HC09 handled this.......It wasnt a mess like it was last year.

I control my own depth chart. The CPU made my depth chart a mess during pre-season games.

I can go on and on.......Hopefully Josh Looman and the Franchise dev team have some solid info on this mode today. If not, hitting the wishlist for Madden 14!! (never to early)
Old 06-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

I think RTP will be announced tomorrow.

People have noticed limb physics in some videos..

The reason I'm pretty confident in it as well is, ALL videos have had a big watermark saying WIP (Work in Progress), this could mean that it wasn't in those videos and they were holding it back.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #8
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
EA could announce the ability to play VR in actual NFL games and people here would find something to complain about, so the odds of rampant disappointment are high.

Personally, I'm excited for the game based on what I've seen so far. Anything they announce today is icing on the cake.

Btw, the WIP watermark is pretty standard practice.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »