Home

NCAA import gone this year

This is a discussion on NCAA import gone this year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA import gone this year

Yeah this is a joke. EA always has a way of making the best things look half done. All this time to wait for an online franchise and they take out importing. Didn't they hire somebody from here to get that thing straight. I know people who bought NCAA (myself included) just to import the players. Then I switched to NCAA exclusively when they dropped Online Dynasty.

At this point, why would I continue to buy NCAA? Especially after the step child treatment it received the last 2 years.

All that "We are working to perfect it" is probably bogus too. Sounds like more "Server side update" talk to me. Now I'm going to cop MAdden because Online Franchise was the only thing I was waiting on these last 3-4 years (no excitement whatsoever over RTP) but the NCAA thing may be done
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #42
Rookie

cletusdog's Arena

OVR: 6

1- to all of the guys that say "I've never once imported a class", why are you even commenting on this post since, as you've stated, it does not affect you one bit?

2-last year when they opened up the editing feature, it really made a huge difference. If a player didn't import realistically, we could fix it by editing. After years of begging for improvement to this vital feature for realism, they finally made a big move to improve it...AND THE NEXT YEAR THEY FLUSH IT!

What a joke.

...and a Baba Booey to y'all
Old 06-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #43
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
You know for me I look at it like this, it's a feature that has been in the game for a long time and yes it had it's flaws but they should have worked on that feature as well as the other new features, they have the time to do hand crafted draft classes but why can't they set time aside to make imported draft classes work correctly with this new big thing. I'm sorry I can't cut them that much slack, although I understand the whole it's broke so we want to do it right thing, but that's been EA's problem it's always next year next year next year when in truth they could have done it this year and improved next year...who's to say CC is going to be a success out the gate this year? But yet they still wanted to add it to this years game and will build and improve as time goes. Just a thought
I see what you're saying, but I don't think you've grasped the magnitude of features that were put into this year's game, especially the Connected Careers mode itself. The new Connected Careers mode includes almost every feature that career mode fanatics have dreamed of for years, and the developers are missing two features (Fantasy Draft and NCAA imported draft classes). From my understanding, these modes could have been included but the developers decided against including them because they would be rushed features that would not be fully compatible with the new mode. The features could possibly hurt new additions in the game. For instance: How could the tweets of Skip Bayless and Adam Schefter relate to your imported draft class? Will the game accurately respond to certain players playing on different teams in a Fantasy Draft? If Connected Careers will truly be a success, in my opinion, it will succeed based on the quality of its features, and for that reason, I can wait another year for features that are not ready to be implemented.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still2REal
Yeah this is a joke. EA always has a way of making the best things look half done. All this time to wait for an online franchise and they take out importing. Didn't they hire somebody from here to get that thing straight. I know people who bought NCAA (myself included) just to import the players. Then I switched to NCAA exclusively when they dropped Online Dynasty.

At this point, why would I continue to buy NCAA? Especially after the step child treatment it received the last 2 years.

All that "We are working to perfect it" is probably bogus too. Sounds like more "Server side update" talk to me. Now I'm going to cop MAdden because Online Franchise was the only thing I was waiting on these last 3-4 years (no excitement whatsoever over RTP) but the NCAA thing may be done
For what it's worth, "working to perfect it" is what had been said about franchise mode the last few years and look where it appears to have gotten us this year.

Also, from the sound of things on the GameInformer write-up, it sounds like they may have tried to get NCAA importing into the game but just couldn't get it right in time:

Quote:
At the time of this writing, being able to import your NCAA players was up in the air.
Purely speculation as to what all that entails though.

Last edited by bichettehappens; 06-04-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #45
Rookie

MattUM2's Arena

OVR: 5

We had the ability to edit players in franchise last year. No DC is a bummer. But we can still make our own draft classes and implement them in our own ways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #46
Rookie

themassacre771.1's Arena

Do we know if we can edit names, ratings and colleges, before the draft starts? Like nba 2k I guess. For me that would be problem solved
Old 06-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
For what it's worth, "working to perfect it" is what had been said about franchise mode the last few years and look where it appears to have gotten us this year.

Also, from the sound of things on the GameInformer write-up, it sounds like they may have tried to get NCAA importing into the game but just couldn't get it right in time:

Purely speculation as to what all that entails though.
Do you know for sure that's what they've been working on the last 3-4 years or was this a result of the "doubled game team". Not to mention they have been working on importing for 2-3 years too and no dice. To be honest, I'm not even entirely convinced this CC will not be bug filled. Did you see that whole NCAA website thing this year?

When it comes to EA Sports, I am purely "show me". No blog, gamechanger statement, or C-Day attendee can convince me of anything until I see it. I wouldn't be surprised to see importing players pop up as a $3.99 add on.

Again, salary cap and trade logic has me set to pre-order this game, but the lack of importing players really hurts. Forget Trey Wingo and those Twitter updates.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #48
Pro

They want to "add" it in the future is what Looman says?!?!?!

You don't take something away that is already there and then claim you are "adding" a new feature later on. Typical EA.

Take notes from MLB The Show series they only add features not take them away to "add" at a later date, and this is why MLB The Show is the best sports game franchise on the market.

One of the greatest features of moving your players on from NCAA to Madden is now gone, no worries they will "add" it later and sell it to you like it is new.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »