Home

Franchise moders unite!

This is a discussion on Franchise moders unite! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #73
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Franchise moders unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudawaknchi2nev
looks like there's no weekly roster update either.
This is just me saying something, not a defense or whatever, but weekly updates almost ruined franchise mode for in Madden 11. I kept wanting the latest updates. So I kept restarting franchises. And I realized I was more focused on the roster updates than I was playing the game.

Like I said, to each their own, but I felt I would toss that tidbit out there. Weekly roster updates are cool, but for a franchise guy like me, it's not needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errors Occurred
I will just say this...For us who play offline...I'm going to love to see this place if AI trade is a joke...say by week 3 Payton is with Atlanta and is a backup to Matt Ryan and Michael Turner is with Denver...I sure hope they somehow made the AI smarter than it has ever been in any game ever made that's the only way offline will be any good.
I've played offline franchise mode the entirety of its existence. I have NEVER controlled all 32 teams. I have always played with 31 other CPUs and allowed them to do whatever it is they wanted to do.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #74
Rookie

briz1744's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
It's become apparent that you can't control more than one team in cc so can someone tell me exactly how well the online franchise works. Like can you limit the amount of players you want in the league for example I just want to play a season with my two friends. Can I do that?

Also can I pick when I want to advance a week in the league? And does anyone think it's possible to do all this on one console with the switching of profiles for each respective coach?
Maybe 32 team control can be got by repeatedly changing coaches
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I hope so too. I always feel like I get more of a value for my dollar by playing the game along with the NFL schedule with multiple games per week.. Better than playing 3-4 seasons (the average time someone plays franchise) and putting it on the shelf. Sucks that I wont be able to do that this year and sucks that Looman will probably add this back next year as a "new feature".
Old 06-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 2

this was from josh twitter today

Jon Vantrease ‏@trouse6
@Josh_Looman Any chance of real-time ratings updates throughout a career with weekly ratings pushed by Donny?
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
7m Josh Looman ‏@Josh_Looman
@trouse6 Not this year. Ratings will be much different with team specific overalls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #76
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1744
Maybe 32 team control can be got by repeatedly changing coaches
I'm not sure. Looman ducked my question when I asked that on twitter. Dont know if you can change coaches this year. Keep in mind if you change coaches...that coach retires. So for people like me who like to play multiple games a week. That may mean hundreds of retired coaches per season.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #77
Rookie

briz1744's Arena

Question Re: Franchise moders unite!

Not sure if this would work but maybe by changing between coaches repeatedly. 32 team contol can regained at least for roster moves and deth charts ?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm not sure. Looman ducked my question when I asked that on twitter. Dont know if you can change coaches this year. Keep in mind if you change coaches...that coach retires. So for people like me who like to play multiple games a week. That may mean hundreds of retired coaches per season.
Coaches will only retire if it was a created character, if you were controlling, say, Norv Turner, and then you wanna swtich to the Broncos coach, Norv would stay the Chargers coach and you'd either take control of John Fox or create a new Denver coach.

The BIG question is.... How often can we change coach/player and, is there a total limit to the amount of times/frequency we can do this.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #79
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1744
Not sure if this would work but maybe by changing between coaches repeatedly. 32 team contol can regained at least for roster moves and deth charts ?
See my post above.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #80
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
You know this is the crap that ticks me off.
Blinded? Because I am not a true 32 team control guy (which BTW I did for 11 and 12 mind you)? How can we be blinded that the game is moving in a totally new direction? Not blinded at all. I clearly see what is being lost on this years version of the game. It sucks. If I lost a key feature I have loved for a decade....yeah I would be upset. But at the same time I have learned in life you must evolve and change....otherwise you will ultimately miss out on a lot of things that change has to offer. I can't live that way. Nothing wrong with being upset, and showing your displeasure with the company that makes the game. But don't direct your anger at those that are willing, excited and welcoming change.

I am almost sure they will get 32 team control back into the game next year. A "god" mode if you will.

But come on....let's not start calling out posters who are excited about CC blinded. That is ridiculous.

Don't be like everyone else...read it all in context...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexicon

It's weird. I just don't like the idea of competing against the CPU, at least as far as team management goes. I want to make the trades I think make sense. I know there's nothing I can do about, except for express my discontent enough on here that the developers see it. Whether they decide to do something about it next year or not, again, that's their choice. Think about your favorite thing about Madden that accents the gameplay (meaning anything but gameplay) and imagine if they took that feature out. It's a crushing, defeating feeling because Madden is something I look forward to every year. I love the game of football and I'll buy these titles when they're much cheaper down the road, but as far as a first day buy, I'm speaking with my wallet. I just won't buy it.

Edit: Also, I don't have a favorite team. I follow all teams, so it's just weird to me to control one team.

Agreed (exponentially), and when you aren't in the majority seemingly blinded by the new features....you get belittled to annoying degrees.

.......... I was agreeing with how removing key features sucks and that not simply only seemingly living in the glow of the new stuff makes us look like outcasts, and does specifically lead to belittling us. That sucks even more. I'm of the mindset that we should be allowed to have any opinion and be left alone...much like we should have any option the game has ever had that we all have praised or at the very least want perfected. I'm also no stranger at all to change or evolution, but do know that they are completely different things. Change is to be specifically different. Evolution is akin to the slow process of adapting and modifying what already exists so as to get better. The changes in this game are good and bad. The evolution is only partial because of the changes to detract from what should have/could have evolved, yet we won't know this year....the year we want to have them....so therefore we are angry. We'll get over it...but it doesn't make it not suck waiting and hoping for the fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »