Home

Franchise moders unite!

This is a discussion on Franchise moders unite! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #409
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: Franchise moders unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
But perhaps the online component was the main hangup with them not being included. Perhaps they are working out ways to regulate editing, multi-team control, and NCAA imports to work for online CC since that's not something they've ever done before and certainly would pose a big challenge (especially imports as that would cross over between development teams). Any online feature for CC would also be applied to offline CC since it's all one mode now. Until Madden 14 rolls around and either does or does not have these functions, I'm going to hold out hope that Josh Looman wasn't just trying to appease gamers by saying that he wants to get these things in the game (but actually functioning correctly).

I think I kind of went off on a tangent and strayed from what you were saying, but I understand your frustration.
Actually I think we're saying pretty much the same thing. They want all the features to be functional in both online and offline. So if, for example, they are able to get player editing functioning in offline but not in online, they may never add it to the game. Connected Careers may really mean that there will only be one set of features. If they start adding features for offline only, then it's not really Connected Careers anymore, is it? That's why I'm so worried. That's why I think we won't see many of these missing features even in Madden 14.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #410
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
It just seems like an unfair way of doing things to take stuff away from offline players, that we had in the past and even last year, just because they cant function for online gamers. My fav part about playing offline was having full control over everything in my franchise but online players should expect a different experience...i just want my old features back haha
I look at it this way, we'd be stuck with Connected Careers in this state or pretty close to it at one point or another. I'd rather it be sooner (M13) rather than later and hope that M14 is when the mode is entirely fleshed out and then can be continually expanded upon. It seems the alternative would have been a boring/bland/broken "same old" franchise mode this year, an "incomplete" Connected Careers debut in M14, and then hoping for the completely fleshed out version in M15.

I'm glad they got started on the overhaul sooner even if it means certain features missed the cut this year. The team looks to be thinking progressively rather than stagnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argooos
Actually I think we're saying pretty much the same thing. They want all the features to be functional in both online and offline. So if, for example, they are able to get player editing functioning in offline but not in online, they may never add it to the game. Connected Careers may really mean that there will only be one set of features. If they start adding features for offline only, then it's not really Connected Careers anymore, is it? That's why I'm so worried. That's why I think we won't see many of these missing features even in Madden 14.
Yeah I see what you mean. It appears to me, though, that Josh Looman has been implementing things with "us" in mind as far as the big picture goes (full editing last year, working IR, expanded rosters, etc last year... now this year with adding more life to the mode and getting rid of that unrealistic progression system) since he's become the creative director of career modes or whatever his title is. Guess at this point we just have to hope he continues down that path and sticks to his word.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #411
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
Yeah I see what you mean. It appears to me, though, that Josh Looman has been implementing things with "us" in mind as far as the big picture goes (full editing last year, working IR, expanded rosters, etc last year... now this year with adding more life to the mode and getting rid of that unrealistic progression system) since he's become the creative director of career modes or whatever his title is. Guess at this point we just have to hope he continues down that path and sticks to his word.
I'm tempted to agree, but I wonder how much part Josh Looman actually played in franchise mode in Madden 12. It's pretty clear that CC is his baby and he had a huge part in making it, but he also said they've been working on it since the beginning of the dev cycle for Madden 12. That means someone else was probably doing most of the work for Madden 12's franchise mode.
Also, I don't know of anywhere where he's given us his word that we will at some point be able to edit players or even control multiple teams. At best I think he's stated that he wants to put in things like NCAA import, but I haven't heard him say anything about player editing (outside of tweets posted here) let alone him giving his word.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 12:05 AM   #412
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argooos
Also, I don't know of anywhere where he's given us his word that we will at some point be able to edit players or even control multiple teams. At best I think he's stated that he wants to put in things like NCAA import, but I haven't heard him say anything about player editing (outside of tweets posted here) let alone him giving his word.
Good point, I think the only things I've heard him explicitly say they wants to add in eventually are NCAA imports and fantasy drafts. While not a guarantee, I suppose that's better than nothing. We'll see

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »