Home

The Gameplay Looks Too Fast...again...

This is a discussion on The Gameplay Looks Too Fast...again... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #41
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Gameplay Looks Too Fast...again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
How can you still say that though, when these players are running faster than someone like Usain Bolt??
man you guys are moving too fast on me. I already replied to this please read some of my other post.

I will post some videos tonight to prove my case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
That's the problem. Your taking a stop watch and timing a video game, and thus giving everyone this delusion that this approach works. When it doesn't.
But it should. In terms of accuracy from point A to point B. When it doesn't it's clear something is wrong.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #43
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Senator Palmer just disproved that with his post and videos on the previous page.
Yes I' am aware of that, and I have posted why I disagree with his evaluation. Search belwo your post on my quote and you will see my response to Palmer. Who I respect a ton
Old 06-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #44
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
But it should. In terms of accuracy from point A to point B. When it doesn't it's clear something is wrong.
Because where it is proven that the player models in the game measure 100% to that of real life payers, and where it is proven that the players in the game fit the field the same exact way it is in real life with real players on the field. Where else is it proven that the strides taken by Turner in real life are replicated exactly in Madden with Turner?

To me there are way too many variables to consider in order to take a simple approach like timing the runner in a video game and matching that with how it is in real life.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #45
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H8OsJqaN3Q

Even this video DCEBB plays a lot slower. Would you mind timing this one?
Looked good, but damn these guys at E3 are terrible at the game or is it just me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
man you guys are moving too fast on me. I already replied to this please read some of my other post.

I will post some videos tonight to prove my case.
I kind of see what you're saying. For instance, we have more time in the pocket to throw it then an NFL QB, because the game isn't moving as fast. What about strides IRL compared to the game? Could it be that the players are moving slower, but are taking greater strides? Idk, just a thought.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
wheelman,

I dig the point you're making 100% about movement issues going beyond just straightline speed, but a 240 lb. back in full equipment covering 40 yards in 3.6 seconds is more than just an exaggeration. At that rate, he easily smokes Usain Bolt.

This is an interesting point about acceleration and agility. I don't think you can ignore the speed issue, especially when you stack Madden up to the vid PG posted, but agi/acc definitely need tuning as desperately as the speed.

If tuning down agi/acc visually represents more realistic turn rates and movement in general, then I really hope this is something the devs look into between now and release.
I agree with you completely

I just said it wrong, and realized it after quoting your reply above it. I was really just trying to say I have seen a lot of people use full speed as a way to say the game speed is ok. I think that only tells the game speed of full out running. I think the big picture is the average movement speed. That is what is so rediculous IMO. It really makes it like a arcade game a little.

But yes, I 100% agree with you the full out run speed is too fast too. Specially for a player that is 240 LBS like Turner. He had Barry Sanders type burst of speed,lol.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #48
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
So you're saying you're willing to sacrifice overall speed realism for a more realistic reaction time. I can see that. I was just hoping to have both.

Although yardage accuracy is going to be there no doubt. These things are very easy to simulate, stride length however is not. But still I would like to see a bit more realistic numbers regardless of stride length.
Yes I would say that. I want to have the same reaction time to see a whole and hit it, as it is reflected in a real NFL game.

I want the same amount of time in the pocket, and the same amount of time to hit my receiver as it is in a real life NFL game.

Madden on the normal game speed does not offer that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »