Home

Deadspin:An Extremely Frustrating Dialogue With Madden Tech Support

This is a discussion on Deadspin:An Extremely Frustrating Dialogue With Madden Tech Support within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
Rookie

bostonchipster's Arena

OVR: 4
Deadspin:An Extremely Frustrating Dialogue With Madden Tech Support

Manish:
Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Manish how may I help you?
you:
i need help with madden 12 online franchise
Manish:
Okay.
Manish:
May I know what problem you are facing with your online pass?
you:
the commissioner of my league has advanced the online franchise to the next week, but it hasn't worked for me
Manish:
Is it coming invalid?
you:
no, it's simply not advancing the week for my particular team, i'm still stuck on the week previous

Read the rest here:http://deadspin.com/5915933/i-am-sor...n-tech-support

It is a pretty hilarious read..hope this doesnt happen in Madden 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Deadspin:An Extremely Frustrating Dialogue With Madden Tech Support

Wow, that is pretty funny, but outsourcing such work is merely the nature of our economy. I don't really see the relevance to Madden specifically, as it seems more to be a complaint on a much larger system. After all, why would EA be in the business at all if making money wasn't the ultimate goal?
Old 06-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Rookie

CerebrumMusica's Arena

OVR: 7

To those of you who think this is funny you need to reconsider. For this guy to get mad at the rep is narrow mined/xenophobic/ignorant as all hell, and not the slightest bit funny. And yes, I do have a sense of humor.

EA chose to outsource it's customer service, therefore, be mad at them. They did it to save money. And that is not a direct result of the economy, the economy is a result from all the outsourcing. Jesus, people. This man in India NEEDS A JOB just like everyone else. He probably hates the Americans like this guy more than that American hates him for not understanding.

Why do americans expect everyone in the whole world to speak their language? You realize there are almost 7000 different languages spoken on Earth?

Sorry, I need to stop ranting, but people just blow my mind with their ignorance and sense of entitlement.

Save your time, don't read this, and I doubt it belongs in this forum, it really has nothing to do with Madden. Just a whiny kid who's game isn't working so he cries on the phone while disrespecting a man who is just doing his job, and trying to help him.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebrumMusica
To those of you who think this is funny you need to reconsider. For this guy to get mad at the rep is narrow mined/xenophobic/ignorant as all hell, and not the slightest bit funny. And yes, I do have a sense of humor.

EA chose to outsource it's customer service, therefore, be mad at them. They did it to save money. And that is not a direct result of the economy, the economy is a result from all the outsourcing. Jesus, people. This man in India NEEDS A JOB just like everyone else. He probably hates the Americans like this guy more than that American hates him for not understanding.

Why do americans expect everyone in the whole world to speak their language? You realize there are almost 7000 different languages spoken on Earth?

Sorry, I need to stop ranting, but people just blow my mind with their ignorance and sense of entitlement.

Save your time, don't read this, and I doubt it belongs in this forum, it really has nothing to do with Madden. Just a whiny kid who's game isn't working so he cries on the phone while disrespecting a man who is just doing his job, and trying to help him.
You're correct that this kid is swimming in a lake of ingorance, however, i think the kid does provide a good point that the rep should at least know about the video game. you should have knowledge of the games if you're employed for this type of job. just sayin'.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #5
Rookie

CerebrumMusica's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boling4Humor
You're correct that this kid is swimming in a lake of ingorance, however, i think the kid does provide a good point that the rep should at least know about the video game. you should have knowledge of the games if you're employed for this type of job. just sayin'.
I agree, but he never really gave him a chance to help. He had an agenda from that start. I'm sure the rep could have helped him had he allowed for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebrumMusica
I agree, but he never really gave him a chance to help. He had an agenda from that start. I'm sure the rep could have helped him had he allowed for it.
probably. the kid should've taken a deep breath and tried the process again. but i think i'd cringe a little bit too if the one i'm seeking help from doesn't acknowledge the existance of an online franchise option for madden nfl.

maybe the rep was suited more for madden nhl.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 13

This wasn't funny at all. How exactly is it the customer service rep's fault if he wasn't trained properly? If the caller had any maturity he would have asked to speak with the supervisor as soon as it became clear the rep did not understand the problem.
To not to that but to instead begin toying with the rep and disrespecting him by intentionally mispronouncing his name is despicable. I would also wager that the caller is operating on some serious stereotypes about Indian people in general. Frankly I'm amazed the rep was able to keep his composure (assuming this transcript is even remotely real). That he did just goes to show how much of a professional he is.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Wow, that was completely F'd up. Talk about xenophobia, and maybe even a hint of racism. I feel bad for the guy.

This is why we should ban people from under 21 from having Live/PSN accounts...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »