Home

Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13

This is a discussion on Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #241
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13

i thought josh and the head coach team didn't take over franchise till madden 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #242
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
i thought josh and the head coach team didn't take over franchise till madden 10
He said in one of the videos he implemented owner mode from Madden in 04, he worked on HC 09 and then came back to Madden after HC09. Not sure if he was a part of HC07?

Last edited by roadman; 06-11-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #243
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Its all good man and I really do respect your view and I can tell that you respect mine so we're on the same page with that.

The bolded part of your post concerns me a lot actually because being at the helm of franchise since 04 makes this person responsible for what a disaster I feel franchise has been on next Gen and IMO didn't really do much to drive it forward. I'm not trying to bash him at all, I'm just of the opinion that there was a huge drop off from PS2 franchise to next gen and what eight years later its starting to evolve again and that should give me confidence in someone? I hope he does a great job and takes the title to the next level, I'm just gonna look forward and at the same time try to just put the past behind me and pray for continued progress I guess.
I'm with you, I'll be a big cheerleader for those features to be implemented next year. I'm more of the ilk, the more options, the better.

Josh said he put in owner mode in 04 and said he was responsible for superstar mode. I thought owner mode was pretty deep. I don't know when he leapfrogged to HC, if it was 07 or 09, but he didn't return to Madden until somewhere in Madden 10 production.

Hope that clears it up.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #244
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm with you, I'll be a big cheerleader for those features to be implemented next year. I'm more of the ilk, the more options, the better.

Josh said he put in owner mode in 04 and said he was responsible for superstar mode. I thought owner mode was pretty deep. I don't know when he leapfrogged to HC, if it was 07 or 09, but he didn't return to Madden until somewhere in Madden 10 production.

Hope that clears it up.
Let's just hope when the game hits everything that's new about the game helps people like myself still enjoy it without the features that we love. I just hope that someday everyone gets a Madden game that they can be excited about and with the latest release they don't find themselves bummed because features have been removed. The more features and the more options only helps more People enjoy the game and that's the direction I'd like to see EA take the title.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #245
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
See, this is the part I just don't understand. The folks that are upset about missing the features keep feeling that Twitter is some arcade function.

Please, explain how people felt back in the PS2 days about Tony Bruno and the newspaper articles. They felt it was sim and immersed themselves into franchise mode.

All Twitter did was replace Tony Burno and newspapers and so now you are telling the same people they won't get immersed and it's not a sim feature.

Whatever.
loved the tony brono show personally, very sad to see it go away. but im guessing the point was why not spend time fixing what was in the game 1st b4 branching out and adding new features like a fake tweeter feed. tho im sure it has its value within the game.

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni

Last edited by TajDeni; 06-11-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #246
Rookie

PSUEagle's Arena

OVR: 1

So EA finally adds the feature that hardcore guys have most wanted for years and they remove it the next year.

Mind you it was extremely cumbersome and poorly implemented, what with the duplicate plays, kabuki dance needed to have your own audibles, random ordering of formations, and the glitches it caused in games itself. Still, it was a start.

So instead of improving the feature so that it doesn't take 2 hours to build a book, they take it out. Instead of making an effort to fix unbalanced gameplay online based on arcade garbage, they take it out. Instead of doing everything possible to fix a feature that many would quite frankly prefer over CCM, they take it out.

Par for the course.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #247
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
Correct. However, Josh tried to implement features, such as custom playbooks to be ported over to Madden 09 which he was very much responsible for.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #248
Rookie

OVR: 0

Considering this whole CC feature was supposed to be like being a coach on Sunday, you can't even create your own playbook?? This is ridiculous, i'm disappointed about. I also wish you could bring created players in for this mode, it seems like they just took away basic things that made the game more fun in a lot of ways. Although I am enjoying the game itself, it does feel more smooth and different to me this year than previous years. I am enjoying playing the game itself, but they really need to put in these little quirks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »