Home

Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13

This is a discussion on Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #49
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I was almost too content about what I am hearing of CCM to even comment on this, ALMOST. lol

I can respect the frustration with things not being available in CCM that some gamers have come to enjoy from Franchise mode but I think some of the new stuff is getting a bum wrap because of it. When I first heard about freaking XP, I flamed the heck out of Josh Looman, in my mind. However, the more I learn about it, the more I realized I was putting a stigma on the words XP and RPG, that doesn't seem to apply. Essentially we have always been "role playing" in Franchise modes of sports games and players have been "leveling up", ie progressing, poorly, for just as long.

If we can get over the traditional semantics of experience points and role playing games as they relate to video games and see what Looman is actually proposing, I think we can better begin to see just how "sim"/realistic a premise it actually is. I have wanted Madden to "break the mold" for so long but I never considered this stuff and was initially like WTF? However, I understand that my way of achieving realism, is not the only way. I am kind of surprised to see "sim" heads so quick to dismiss change before even knowing how much realism it may be capable of representing.
You have to figure, franchise mode has been the same thing for what, 10 years or so now? And we all have become used to it, become comfortable with it. This is a very big change for everyone that has been accustomed to it. This is a big deal for ppl that buy the game year in and year out, as well as a huge change in direction for a publisher/studio that doesn't really have a track record of making that big of a swing.

Change, for a lot of folks, is scary at times. I at first was all hyped up and ready to see the new physics engine. But, after all the CC news, I am more interested in that aspect than I am actual gameplay now.

I know for myself, I am interested to see what CC is all about. Not excited, not angry. But very open-minded, and I only think it's fair for the masses to be open-minded about this.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #50
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
If the the playbooks are unique and incorporate team specific concepts that would defeniately be a plus. I was watching the madden 12 49er vs Seahawk video that was post a few days ago and notice that they did have "Far-Flex twin formation" for the Niners. Last year the Niners did run a handful of "old school" Bill Walsh/WCO plays using alot of Far, Near and Pro Set Formations. Story goes that Niners' OC Greg Roman was going though the old niner play vaults and dusted off some older plays. The fact that the had the Far Flex Twin form at least gives me a little hope that the playbooks will be nice and unique.
Maybe, but while they did actually run several old school 49er FORMATIONS, what really set them a part was that they ran an old school 49ers RUN game, with modern twists like the fly sweep game. But the trapping and pulling they used was very old school, and really that needs to be in the game, but their unique plays really have to be in, like these:

TE Fly Sweep (who else runs with their TE besides the 49ers and Pats?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1R2_5i5Onc&t=9m40s

Fly Sweep:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1R2_5i5Onc&t=9m11s

Against Seattle: a pitch that goes left but then counters to the right
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rig90HIBvWE&t=1m58s

Shotgun QB sweep (seen in Saints game, but also here) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h03cIyQTxQ&t=7m10s

If even these 4 plays are in, I'll consider buying. Because these 4 represent archetypes that the 49ers ran all year long. For them not to be in their playbook essentially means you can't run the offense the 49ers ran last year, because plays like these were used in every single game last season by the real 49ers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
Yeah I really don't understand why people are mad and upset when Josh has come out and said that they removed those features so they can work on them and get them perfect before putting those features back in the game. I guess people would still have them in and then still want to complain about how a feature is broken(Draft Imports) rather them take it out and work on it and bring it back when it works correctly.

From what I have seen in this thread, Custom Playbooks are STILL in the game, just that you can't use any for Connected Careers. So people calm down, custom playbooks are still in the game but it's just that you can't use them in CC, yet.
Why not just leave them in as they are and continue to work on them behind the scenes? Custom playbooks weren't broken. They weren't perfect, but they certainly weren't broken. I have, for the first time in years, graduated past the first two seasons of my offline franchise precisely because of custom playbooks and the ability to edit players around the league (for the sole purpose of keeping things REALISTIC to the NFL).

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 06-08-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #51
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Maybe, but while they did actually run several old school 49er FORMATIONS, what really set them a part was that they ran an old school 49ers RUN game, with modern twists like the fly sweep game. But the trapping and pulling they used was very old school, and really that needs to be in the game, but their unique plays really have to be in, like these:

TE Fly Sweep (who else runs with their TE besides the 49ers and Pats?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1R2_5i5Onc&t=9m40s

Fly Sweep:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1R2_5i5Onc&t=9m11s

Against Seattle: a pitch that goes left but then counters to the right
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rig90HIBvWE&t=1m58s

Shotgun QB sweep (seen in Saints game, but also here) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h03cIyQTxQ&t=7m10s

If even these 4 plays are in, I'll consider buying. Because these 4 represent archetypes that the 49ers ran all year long. For them not to be in their playbook essentially means you can't run the offense the 49ers ran last year, because plays like these were used in every single game last season by the real 49ers.

Totally agree. Harbaugh brought back our traditional run game. I also loved the unbalanced lines, the super heavy I Forms, and the extreme tight TE formations that they ran like 4-5 in the TB game alone. I loved it, they ran like 4 power out of it, and then second half VD catches like a 30 TD out of the same formation.

Overall, aside from the fact that it was our best season in decade and a muffed punt away for the super bowl, my favorite aspect of the 2011 Niner season was getting the offense back that I know and love.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #52
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
Totally agree. Harbaugh brought back our traditional run game. I also loved the unbalanced lines, the super heavy I Forms, and the extreme tight TE formations that they ran like 4-5 in the TB game alone. I loved it, they ran like 4 power out of it, and then second half VD catches like a 30 TD out of the same formation.

Overall, aside from the fact that it was our best season in decade and a muffed punt away for the super bowl, my favorite aspect of the 2011 Niner season was getting the offense back that I know and love.
Yes, well, I wonder if Madden sees it the same way. I would be very pleasantly surprised if the team actually paid attention to the 49ers last season and did their due diligence on their playbooks and so on as they don't seem to even have their uniforms right, particularly the shine on the helmets and shade of gold for the pants.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 06-08-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #53
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
They were never in online franchise anyway.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Im confused here.Are they still in the game at all?Are you able to use them in online ranked games? and offline franchise?
Old 06-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #54
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Yes, well, I wonder if Madden sees it the same way. I would be very pleasantly surprised if the team actually paid attention to the 49ers last season and did their due diligence on their playbooks and so on as they don't seem to even have their uniforms right, particularly the shine on the helmets and shade of gold for the pants.
We can only hope, I am really debating hard on even getting 13 because the two main things I love are playbook and editing and both have been taken away.

The only thing that give me any hope is that it did have Far Twin Flex in the Niners Book. I was racking my brain and the only time I really remember seeing Far Flex Twin last year was against Det. If I remeber correctly it was a roll out by alex and thrown away. So outside of watching every niner game like us there would be no way of knowing we even ran that formation. I would be extremely pleased if its correct and that alone would probably make be purchase, but I am not expecting it.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnZzgo
Im confused here.Are they still in the game at all?Are you able to use them in online ranked games? and offline franchise?
They are not in Connected Careers, offline or online. As for as if they are still in the game that I do not know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
Yeah I really don't understand why people are mad and upset when Josh has come out and said that they removed those features so they can work on them and get them perfect before putting those features back in the game. I guess people would still have them in and then still want to complain about how a feature is broken(Draft Imports) rather them take it out and work on it and bring it back when it works correctly.

From what I have seen in this thread, Custom Playbooks are STILL in the game, just that you can't use any for Connected Careers. So people calm down, custom playbooks are still in the game but it's just that you can't use them in CC, yet.
Still not sold on how editing equipment causes problems in CC. ratings? Fine I actually can understand that. But if your building a game that gets set backs from a small piece like equipment.... There ate clearly more issues abound. I smell glitch fest honestly.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?oauuhg

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »