Home

Putting Pressure on EA to implement Fantasy Drafts in Final Product

This is a discussion on Putting Pressure on EA to implement Fantasy Drafts in Final Product within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Exclamation Putting Pressure on EA to implement Fantasy Drafts in Final Product

One of the staple features, and reasons why there are so many successful Online Franchises are being removed from Madden 13.

I'm talking about the ability to have a Fantasy Draft to start a franchise. Most (not all) long term successful franchises are usually Fantasy Drafted. This allows for parity in the teams from Week 1, of the very first season. I have no idea who they think this would be okay to take out.

As someone who runs a large community of leagues, I see firsthand that standard roster leagues struggle a lot more than Fantasy Drafted leagues. Usually its the bad teams that get left open and are very hard to fill.

There is a large Push by Madden Communities right now, to have this added back into the final product. And if not in the release, then in the first patch out.

Most of us view Fantasy Drafts as a MUST HAVE feature, not a option. It makes all teams equal from the start, as opposed to starting off with the Haves (Packers, Giants, Saints etc), and the Have Nots (Cardinals, Browns, Bills etc).

If you support our effort to have this Feature that has been prevalent in Madden for as many years as I can remember, please simply reply to this thread on the EA Forum in support.

The Thread on EA is below:
BRING BACK FANTASY DRAFTS IN MADDEN 13

I thank you for your support.

Looking for some leagues to take our on MSL Competition Team in a mini tournament! Let me know if you are interested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Putting Pressure on EA to implement Fantasy Drafts in Final Product

Good luck on doing that...Josh has already said he isn't going to add anything to the game unless he knows it's done right...Also I see a lot of people saying that they took out Fantasy Draft but really they didn't add it...There was nothing to take out because this new system was built from the ground up everything was added not taking away.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
Rookie

I just want to make sure that they are aware of the need for this feature.

In the Q&A, the called the choice to leave it out as "Commissioner Friendly", and its anything but. If anything its a detriment to commissioners out there.

Having Fantasy Draft allows parity from Week 1, as everyone has an opportunity to draft an good-elite team...taking that away, puts teams already with a huge deficit over other teams.

And for that, some pressure to get this noticed is worth it....

Looking for some leagues to take our on MSL Competition Team in a mini tournament! Let me know if you are interested.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Yes I understand where everyone is coming from and I hope it does work and they can add it in there for the guys that do play it....It's always better to have more than less...The best thing everyone can do is hit Josh and the team up on twitter that away they will see how many people want it back it
Old 06-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Thats a good idea as well.
Time to help with that campaign as well

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #6
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

There are other features that need to be added before fantasy draft IMO.

Not that its not a good feature, but its something I can live without personally.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Anyone interested can tweet Josh_looman at

@Josh_looman

Old 06-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43M
There are other features that need to be added before fantasy draft IMO.

Not that its not a good feature, but its something I can live without personally.
Fantasy Draft is what guarantees the closest thing to parity from week 1. Yes, I agree there are other issues that need fixed (nanos, glitches), but clearly the biggest feature is Fantasy Drafts.

Too much time spending on grass color, the shadows of sideline players, crowd reactions.... and cut screens that every skips after the first day of playing Madden.

In my own personal not so humble opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »