Home

Has the NEW PHYSICS ENGINE replaced the SCRIPTED Animations or just Enhanced them?

This is a discussion on Has the NEW PHYSICS ENGINE replaced the SCRIPTED Animations or just Enhanced them? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2012, 03:19 AM   #49
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Has the NEW PHYSICS ENGINE replaced the SCRIPTED Animations or just Enhanced them

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor-17
Check out pastapadre's website. He's got a lot of gameplay videos from E3. I've watched most of them, and I can say, as someone who has been playing football both in college and video games, that this new engine makes no difference in the game. I was expecting greatness. What I got was turntable running and tumbleweed tackling. I was looking for a finely tuned upgraded version of Backbreaker. It looks just like every Madden this gen. No momentum, no true gang tackling. No foot planting. I really think its just marketing hype. I think they say rtp, show a few hand picked highlight scenes, and we all line up to give them our money. Check it out and see if you agree with me.
I saw lots of videos and I saw very new stuff. This is not the same old madden. I am not going to go to some over rated site that is run by a guy that plays NCAA football as a team of transformers to talk me out of it. That is the last place I would recommend going for info.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:28 AM   #50
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Has the NEW PHYSICS ENGINE replaced the SCRIPTED Animations or just Enhanced them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KZyV872wNs

I like how Angerer attacked Helu in the hole and took him down
(3.05 mark) I really like the tackling. Its not a Hit stick over the
top hit, but a realistic looking tackle..

Ball psychics look really good..I am really impressed with what
I am seeing. Tackling looks way better.. And the passing looks good..

It's not perfect, but light years ahead of any other madden I have
seen..

**The Animations might be the same, but outcomes are
way different. Different angled hits move the ballcarrier
around.. Just what I am seeing**

Last edited by adriano; 06-10-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I saw lots of videos and I saw very new stuff. This is not the same old madden. I am not going to go to some over rated site that is run by a guy that plays NCAA football as a team of transformers to talk me out of it. That is the last place I would recommend going for info.
Youre right about that. He is opinionated. However, I had posted here in the 5 most anticipated games article that I needed to see some gameplay footage and not just sizzle trailers before I jumped on board again. His site was recommended as a source of actual gameplay videos by a member of this site. This person was correct. There are a lot of videos over there, and I just wanted to let more people know so we could analyze them together. Check them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »