Home

anybody know how old the e3 build of madden 13 is??

This is a discussion on anybody know how old the e3 build of madden 13 is?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
Pro

brobamigo's Arena

OVR: 0
anybody know how old the e3 build of madden 13 is??

just wondering how early this build is...liking what i see with the new engine but also seeing that a lot of things need ironing out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: anybody know how old the e3 build of madden 13 is??

Wondering the same thing? It might be the same build that people saw when they had there Community days, if so there would be alot of polishing done by now for release.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
Pro

brobamigo's Arena

OVR: 0

Wish adev would chime in
Old 06-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
EA Game Changer

ZFarls's Arena

OVR: 19

Speculating, but the ones on the showroom floor were atleast a few weeks old. I think they have to make them special (to hide the ratings on the menu) and test them out.
EA Sports Game Changer
Author of Madden NFL 12 Official Players Guide + NCAA Football 12 Prima Guide
Old 06-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFarls
Speculating, but the ones on the showroom floor were atleast a few weeks old. I think they have to make them special (to hide the ratings on the menu) and test them out.
Yes they are "at least" a few weeks old if not more.. i remember a few years back from a few different developers that had shown their E3 demo's each stating their demo's were 3-4 weeks old build.. two of them said 3 weeks and another particular developer said their build was 4 weeks old. They explained that they had to start preparing weeks ahead the demo they would showcase on the floors at E3 weeks ahead of time to make sure all the glitches were cleaned up and the options,etc were set right for the people that would be playing the demo's. This is why i am positive this Madden 13 demo has to be at the minimum two weeks old if not more.

I had brought this up in another thread in here a few days ago when a few people were basically acting like it was what we would have when it goes retail..i mean they were putting a final judgement on the game already believe it or not so i had to remind them that this is far from the gold/retail build and its not even the current build they are working on at this moment..the E3 footage we have has to be from a build that is some weeks old.

Consider this..when we get the official demo's from xbox live and Playstation marketplace for download like the new NCAA Football demo thats out now..they are never final gold/retail builds neither..so consider that as well when we get our Madden 13 demo in a month or so from now..even that wont be the final gold/retail build.

Last edited by Moegames; 06-08-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

What we see in a demo, or at E3 is very close to retail. The game is pretty much done. They are polishing it now.

In the Madden 12 demo, you could get hit in a run up the gut and go flying sideways and pop out on the left side of the line and keep running. That isn't in Madden 12 now, but that's about the only thing that is different.

It isn't like we are going to see improved line play or added features. There are NOT going to be significant changes.

Last edited by PGaither84; 06-08-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
What we see in a demo, or at E3 is very close to retail. The game is pretty much done. They are polishing it now.

In the Madden 12 demo, you could get hit in a rn up the gut and go flying sideways and pop out on the left side of the line and keep running. That isn't in Madden 12 now, but that's about the only thing that is different.

It isn't like we are going to see improved line play or added features. There are NOT going to be significant changes.
I have to agree with PGaither. As far as gameplay goes, I think you are pretty much looking at it. They will be adding little things and tweaking from here on out IMO.

Just look at any E3 Madden build, nearly identical to what the retail version was that year. Mostly just simple cosmetic changes or some kind of adjustment due to poor feedback from the boards,etc.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFarls
Yessir, at least.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »